Do you Sub-OHM and use higher OHM tanks/coils interchangeably?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Folks,

I have a iStick 40w that I run at 10-15W (1.9ohm coil, I think) and also a Kanger Subox that I run at 30W with a 0.5ohm coil.

I LOVE the Sub-OHM vape experience and thought I wouldn't go back to the iStick.... Until I realized last night that I could blow thru 5ml of juice in a couple of hours with the Kanger.

So.... I am going to use the Kanger more at night but the iStick for my all day vaping.

What are you doing?

P.s. I have only been vaping a couple of weeks and got the Kanger LAST NIGHT.

Thx!

Last edited:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Good question.

For juice conservation, I'll run a mini Nautilus at 12-14 watts. That and I don't want to get fired for vaping in my office.

:)
Good plan!

Hey, do you know if a Nautilus Mini will use more juice than a full size Nautilus using the same wattage? I have both, but really have no idea as they have different capacities and I haven't really though about it.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Good plan!

Hey, do you know if a Nautilus Mini will use more juice than a full size Nautilus using the same wattage? I have both, but really have no idea as they have different capacities and I haven't really though about it.

I reckon the juice consumption will be the same. It'll just seem worse on the small one. :p

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I'm in the middle. I started out with tootle puffer gear--back in the dark ages the only way to top 15 watts was go mech-- moved into mechanicals coiled to produce 35ish watts, then got a high power box. Juice was not the problem, I DIY and my cost is about 5 cents American per ml. I was looking for the vape I want. These days I coil about everything between .4 or so and .8 ohms. I use an SX Mini M in the car, topped with either a Lemo2 or a Fogger V6, usually 18 to 25 watts. At home I drip with various toppers on various mechs, usually 25-35 watts. I don't blow cloud often, but when I do I use a Fishbone coiled .3 on a Snow Wolf at 70-80 watts. Any more, the only time I'm on high ohm coils and low power is when I test the wife's gear.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
How did you learn about the do it yourself juice? Been thinking about doing it but at a loss. Right now I'm spending a small fortune on my juice because I drip and sub-ohm.
anything you want to know about vaping can be found right here on the board :) I'm on my tablet so linking is a pain, but if you will go to the "general e-liquid discussion" board, DIY is one of the major sub forums.

Reactions: csjdmj720

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Folks,

I have a iStick 40w that I run at 10-15W (1.9ohm coil, I think) and also a Kanger Subox that I run at 30W with a 0.5ohm coil.

I LOVE the Sub-OHM vape experience and thought I wouldn't go back to the iStick.... Until I realized last night that I could blow thru 5ml of juice in a couple of hours with the Kanger.

So.... I am going to use the Kanger more at night but the iStick for my all day vaping.

What are you doing?

P.s. I have only been vaping a couple of weeks and got the Kanger LAST NIGHT.

Thx!

I know the feeling; after a while you get tired of having to 'reload' frequently.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
In my experience, some of my juices taste better in my subtank or other lower ohm tanks while others taste better in high ohm tanks. I have one juice that tastes really bad at .5 ohms, but tastes like heaven at 1.1 -1.4 ohms. I vape primarily at .5 ohms but with some of my juices I revert back to my Russian 91 or other tanks with a 1.2 ohm coil.

Reactions: BreSha6869

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Sitting next to me is my sigelei 150 with a .16 build on a dripper vaping 6mg strawberry cheesecake at 65 watts, also next to me is a Sig Zmax with a cartotank reading3.1 ohms vaping a diy tobacco , 24mg at 12 watts ........they are both a good vape in their own way to me, crazy as it may sound if I had to pick one over the other I would pick the Z and the cartotank...... Been vaping going on 6 years and there's something about higher ohm vaping and flavor, throat hit , and satisfaction I get over the fog machine

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Well, I'm kind of in the middle. I use mostly the proper gear to go subohm like evic mini or kbox with ego one tanks or kayfuns, but only use 1.0 ohm coils at about 8 watts. At night I keep an ego with a protank mini at my bedside and use that thru my morning coffee. I only vape unflavored liquid and go thru 7 mil per day.

Reactions: BreSha6869

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I use a Provari with a Kayfun V4 which has a 1.8 ohm coil.
The nicotine content of the juice i use with my Kayfun is about 24mg. I might use this setup maybe 3 or 4 hours a day and i get through very little juice.

I also use an IPV4 box mod with a Zephyrus RTA which has 4 coils with a combined ohm'age of 0.18.
The nicotine content of the juice i use in my Zephyrus is around 4mg. The flavourings in my D.I.Y liquid are the most expensive ingredient. I use very little nicotine base liquid to make the juice. All in all i'd say my D.I.Y juice is cheap enough that i don't really care how much i get through.

Though some users may still need a cigarette from time to time i, rather than do that, prefer to just switch from my Kayfun setup to my Zephyrus setup then back again rather than switch to a cigarette.

Do you see what i mean ?.

I don't use the Kayfun in order to use less juice.

And D.I.Y is so very much cheaper than branded pre-made / ready made juice.

Last edited:
Reactions: BackDoc

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Sitting next to me is my sigelei 150 with a .16 build on a dripper vaping 6mg strawberry cheesecake at 65 watts, also next to me is a Sig Zmax with a cartotank reading3.1 ohms vaping a diy tobacco , 24mg at 12 watts ........they are both a good vape in their own way to me, crazy as it may sound if I had to pick one over the other I would pick the Z and the cartotank...... Been vaping going on 6 years and there's something about higher ohm vaping and flavor, throat hit , and satisfaction I get over the fog machine

:thumbs:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread