Taifun GT Discusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QU1T

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
Benelux
I did my best to do it as closely to the Flash-e build. Its so that the wicks go straight across and are aligned with the coil. I was worried that it might change the performance or taste, but it did not, at least for me.

I suppose you could lower the coil, but I was worried that it would then direct the liquid downward and too close to the air intake and cause gurgling or over wicking.

I hope that helps, Im not the best at describing. :)

Oh BTW, my cameras batteries died so I could not show the finished build. I pull the wicks upward before I screw down the mid part then fluff up the wicks and tuck them down , keeping the fluffiest part on top of the screws so that there is enough wick between the tubes and wick.

Well, mine is a GT2, tried a bunch of builds since I got it, just tried a spaced coil lined up with the grooves on the bottom half of the chimney section,
Still tastes lame, but with a glimmer of greatness from time to time...gutted!

Would really appreciate if someone, anyone, could post or link me to a few images of builds for the GT2, not much at all on Google!
Beginning to think mine is defect...

Merci!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Hi Taifun people.
I need an advice again.
Now I use this: $20.02 HOTCIG GT-S V2 RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (5.0mL) - stainless steel + matte glass / 23mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I like it, use it more than KF4. Thinking about buying additional one or may be GS 2.
So, my first questiion: Is GS2 is really better than GT2? In ease to use, in leaking, in overall satisfaction? (My GT2 has not leaked a single drop since I wicked it in according with advice given by @anavidfan.)

So far I am looking on one of these:
$22.24 Hotcig GS II Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (3ml) - 22.5mm diameter / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$18.47 Hotcig GS II Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (3ml) - stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
And here I got confused. What the difference besides diameters (19 and 22 mm)? The same volume of liquid, even if both are of the same height and one of them is wider (does Hotcig defy human geometry?)

Another question about mesh (I'd like to got without, but it looks like for consistent results I do need it). I will be buying from fasttech, so I'd like to buy mesh from them also, like this:
$2.90 316L Stainless Steel 200 Mesh for Rebuildable Atomizers (10-Pack) 10-pack - 50*50mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
They have it from 200 to 500 mesh and I have no idea what I need.

Thanks for reading. Special thanks reserved for answering.

Others may offer more assistance, but I'll try to help.

I think the 22mm GS2 actually holds 4-4.5ml of juice. It definitely holds more than the 19mm one as I have both, although mine are both the Shenray clones.

I think the GS2s are fantastic flavor attys, but a bit more involved setting them up. Each time you rewick, you do have to pop off that piece that holds the mesh straws. So not a big deal, but slightly more involved than the GT2.

I'm using 400 mesh and these things wick like crazy. So I probably wouldn't use 200 unless you are using max vg liquids. 400 is wicking fast with 70 vg for me. You can buy mesh on ebay pretty cheaply, like $5 for a few 3"x3" squares shipped. It will be enough mesh to last for many years.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Well, mine is a GT2, tried a bunch of builds since I got it, just tried a spaced coil lined up with the grooves on the bottom half of the chimney section,
Still tastes lame, but with a glimmer of greatness from time to time...gutted!

Would really appreciate if someone, anyone, could post or link me to a few images of builds for the GT2, not much at all on Google!
Beginning to think mine is defect...

Merci!

There are a few suggested builds on the PDF TGT2 manuals section on smokerstore site
http://www.smokerstore.de/WebRoot/Store11/Shops/61925514/MediaGallery/TGT2_Manual_HiRes_Final_E.pdf

I found this on FB a few months ago and this build is what "Sold me" on it. It has been the best build for me so far. After that its just getting the Juice flow adjusted just right. IT might seem fiddly at first but after a few times you just get to know how much to close it off vs the amount of cotton.

This is in German but its pretty self explanatory. Hope it helps. Now I love my GT2 just as much as my GS and GSL, performance and taste are equal to me.

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
I'm guessing you like the gs2 and the reuleaux?
The rolo really is compact! Shame its just not practical for me and I have small hands not sure it would be comfortable to hold? It must have Stella battery life though maybe I will get a RX200 and do some modding!

I still have my infamous Vtbox still trying to get the 510 off! I keep meaning to mod it but I never have time:(

30ecd3fd6f686c1a3f4374326bf02056.jpg

Vape on!;)

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
@dwcraig1 and everyone else.

I have a few questions. I got a GSL from focal, it's supposed to be a Shen Ray? I dunno.

It came with the upper airflow ring with 3 sets of holes which always puts 1 set against the wick.

When i tighten the tank down, it locks the upper afc ring so it won't spin unless I loosen the tank up first.

The draw with the upper afc closed is super tight, nothing like the gt2...way tighter. With the upper afc open its got a terrific amount of draw, but I feel like it's hurting the flavor?

It also came with a second upper afc ring with only 1 slot to close off the other 2 sets of holes, so with the lower afc wide open and the upper in single slot mode wide open 1 set of holes, it's a good vape but of course I want more air for lung inhales. I guess I'm being too picky?

From the pictures, the hot cig 22mm seems like the center air stem under the coil is wider? I know the air port under the coil is wider on my gt2.

So...does all this sound right to you GSL and GS2 owners out there? Or does mine sound a little wonky.

Reactions: TrollDragon

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Does the hot cig gs2 (22mm) come with the same 3 sets of air hole upper air flow section?

If all else is the same between the 2 models (shen ray and hot cig) I wonder if I could drill out the 1.85mm air hole under the coil to a larger diameter?
Probably can drill it but the deck will be flat, that air hole will no longer be sticking up, give a shot.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
So I thought I'd go ahead and drill mine perhaps adding a tube so it sticks up a bit.
I wanted to separate the deck from the base to do it but couldn't get it apart so I just left it the way it was. I did recoil and wick it and it works real good.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
So I thought I'd go ahead and drill mine perhaps adding a tube so it sticks up a bit.
I wanted to separate the deck from the base to do it but couldn't get it apart so I just left it the way it was. I did recoil and wick it and it works real good.
So you drilled your GSL to 3mm and now it is flush with the deck (no tube) but the results are worth the effort?

Reactions: TrollDragon

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
So you drilled your GSL to 3mm and now it is flush with the deck (no tube) but the results are worth the effort?
No, I did nothing extra to it.
I am doing a comparison between a GS2 and GSL using two different mods. I'll give the GS2 a 10 and the GSL an 8, 8 being pretty good.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA

Was just about to post this, that is serious want!
I like the idea of glass, but pressure fit with o-rings only? That's a mess waiting to happen.

I routinely carry my mods, and my Vaporflask as an example will slide into my back pocket as long as I'm not sitting down, then when I grab it back to vape I'll grab a hold of the atty to pull it up enough to grab it. Pull that tank and you've got an open atty leaking everywhere.

Now if they threaded the chimney to the evaporation chamber, kind of like the lemo, crown, etc... That would be great.

Edit : I'm a little confused, does this nano tank screw into the collapsible chamber instead of the top cap with the hole? Or does it have a stem that goes into the top cap with the hole? Reading the discussion thread over there confused me.

Last edited:

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Interesting post on Reddit from a guy
that has tried 12 tanks this year
Taifun (pronounced taifoon apparently) GT S 2 1.6ohm organic cotton - .... THE KAYFUN. I just got this today. Getting the coils to sit around the screws was fiddly till I got the hang of it, but this thing hit properly the first time I wicked it and 2rs of vaping later I can see why people say they sell their kayfuns for these tanks. Flavor is between the KFL and the 4. But it hasn't leaked at all, not a drop. It's very easy to work with. Fat juice capacity. Looks big and mean. Has a simple AFC as well (people want this Svoe Mesto). The design just makes so much sense on this thing. I'll be buying a few more of these. You should buy these too.

Hail to the Taifun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread