• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
1) Too many comments from OP who purchased TC units that were buggy or died on 'em in under 90 days.
2) Too many comments from OP who purchased TC units and were underwhelmed with the experience.
3) Vaping on nickel doesn't appeal to me.
4) TC coil wire is a PITA to work with. Too thin, too springy. I love 24g Kanthal and I'm sticking with that.
5) TC units are stupid expensive when compared to VW/sub-ohm compatible units. I love all things vape, but I gotta draw the line somewhere. This particular line (I ain't buyin' no TeeCee units!) was pretty painless to draw.

Bottom line, I'm happy with my Coolfire IV's and (when I get home!) my mechs. Just don't feel the need.
Then again, I don't own a single RTA and I'm cool with that, too. I've been vaping for over four years now. The shinyitis has pretty much worn off at this point. I vape to live. I don't live to vape.

*Never

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
If you dont want to blow your face off with a shiny metal tube, want push button consistant vaping every time you hit the fire button and want to eliminate dry hits and burnt wicks...temp control mod.

It makes you look way less like a hipster douche

I dont use anything else, i just want to hit fire and get my toot on, same toot after toot.

Real men can wrap a nickel coil, and then move on to wrapping stainless steel because its probably safer - its about harm reduction.

* Probably not for people who only worry about cloud production - and here i was thinking it was about harm reduction, but there are some out there who want to be human fog machines, and give anti vaping bodies free ammunition

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Exactly where I'm at. Temp limiting/control seems less relevant for an experienced lower wattage vaper.
I've been reading up on people having great success with building TC coils in Kayfuns and other MTL tanks (I'm a Tootle Puffer too BTW).

I don't think TC is strictly for the "cloudsbro" crowd.

I bought an IPV D2 as part of my Vapocolypse stash that'll be here today along with spools of ni200 and ti wire.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Wruff

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2014
Vapeville, USA
I've got a TC mod (iPV D2), and bought a spool of nickel wire for the coils, but haven't gotten around to experimenting with it to find that new TC build for me. Too busy, so have been vaping the trusted variable wattage mode. I don't know when I'll get around to playing with the TC stuff. Over the holidays sometime I suppose.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
I vape my TC a lot more now than I did back when it became a "thing". Because it was new, naturally, I was wary of it. My first dabble into TC involved an RDA some nickel wire and a test of titanium wire. I've been using nickel wire almost exclusively in TC mode - but I've been using TC mode primarily in my tanks that are straight steel with no glass or plastic to check fluid levels. I doubt I'll use TC in my drippers as they're pretty apparent when things go dry. And in devices like my sub-tank - no need as I can easily tell when liquid stops hitting my juice canals. Is TC a good thing? Absolutely. Is it for everyone? No.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I bought the Evic-VT. Won't use nickel, as I have reason to believe I'm probably allergic to it. Titanium vaping was completely underwhelming; no TH, very little flavor at all, and with my super-gunk juice, one day's vaping is all she wrote before the coil has to be replaced, which is completely unsat with wire that costs more than twice what kanthal does. Sold the Evic-VT within 2 wks of getting it. No plans to buy any further TC mods, unless/until the SX Mini M class becomes affordable -- I just like the way that one looks, but will probably run it in wattage mode, given my dislike of titanium.

1.7Ω kanthal coils at 9w are all the temp control I need, and it also gives me excellent flavor. Unlike titanium. My titanium Achilles is all the titanium I need. ;)

Andria

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
I bought the Evic-VT. Won't use nickel, as I have reason to believe I'm probably allergic to it. Titanium vaping was completely underwhelming; no TH, very little flavor at all, and with my super-gunk juice, one day's vaping is all she wrote before the coil has to be replaced, which is completely unsat with wire that costs more than twice what kanthal does. Sold the Evic-VT within 2 wks of getting it. No plans to buy any further TC mods, unless/until the SX Mini M class becomes affordable -- I just like the way that one looks, but will probably run it in wattage mode, given my dislike of titanium.

1.7Ω kanthal coils at 9w are all the temp control I need, and it also gives me excellent flavor. Unlike titanium. My titanium Achilles is all the titanium I need. ;)

Andria

Some people asked - I delivered! As far as nickel allergy is concerned - sorry to hear it. Don't worry, there are companies out there working towards TC with Kanthal and Nichrome I believe. So not too long in the distant future I'm sure we'll be seeing those. As far as the SX-Mini is concerned - those things sell for 200+ around here. I know why too - you ever held one? If you're a clutz like me, who drops mods more than I drop a hot pan, you'll know why I want one too. Just can't see myself coughing up that dough for something that small.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Some people asked - I delivered! As far as nickel allergy is concerned - sorry to hear it. Don't worry, there are companies out there working towards TC with Kanthal and Nichrome I believe. So not too long in the distant future I'm sure we'll be seeing those. As far as the SX-Mini is concerned - those things sell for 200+ around here. I know why too - you ever held one? If you're a clutz like me, who drops mods more than I drop a hot pan, you'll know why I want one too. Just can't see myself coughing up that dough for something that small.

If it ever becomes possible to do *real* TC with kanthal, I might be interested; kanthal delivers excellent flavor.

I think those SX-mini M's were on sale somewhere for about $169, at some point. And I think there's a new version of the SX-mini, which might drive down the prices of the M's. Maybe sometime next year -- July 25 will be my 2nd no-smoke-a-versary, so maybe I'll start saving up. :D I'd definitely jump if I ever found one for less than $100, at a time when I actually had the money. I just like the looks of them, very elegant little mod. I'm told they're kinda heavy, but that's not a terrible deal breaker for me.

I take the "dropsies" by turns -- some days, everything I touch or even reach for, I drop or knock over; some days, not so much. But that's just one reason I'm really delighted with my Achilles RDAs; not just all-metal, but titanium, so not only do they not break, they're also damn hard to scratch! But light as a feather.

Andria

In about a month's time I'll own 4 TC mods and will be trying out the new TC ceramic coils from Vaporesso in my Triton. I've also purchased Ti to try a build in my Kayfun V4 and will "guage" my performances on all four devices before I decide if it's the right direction for me to proceed. Sub-ohming came along just at the right time for me, and I still enjoy it, so am not bothered if TC doesn't impress me, but I'm hopeful.

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
Finding that the TC experience varies depending on the device and its accuracy. I view it as just another tool in my arsenal. I am a tootle puffer... or a choo choo puffer and burn everything. Until TC, used only genesis tanks with mesh as I burn everything. If the wick doesn't go, then it is the juice.

Now that I have TC available, if I am vaping a juice that I know burns easily then I vape it TC and so far no problems... I am still on coil #1 in a Crown tank and have gone through 100 ml of caramel custard, then did a tank of unflavored before went to Shamrock Shake and did 50 ml of that then another tank of unflavored and now about halfway through a 120 ml bottle of Caramel Apple. Will keep going until this coil tells me it is time but these juices before TC were about 2 ml in a RSST tank built with mesh before started having troubles. That is a huge difference. Granted, I don't vape like most, no lung hits at all for me. but this is working great for me.

TC never seemed to work right on the Eleaf 40 TC and not on the xcube either but the evic vtc mini and the Lost Vape Esquare mods are doing the job for me. Still getting the hang of the SX Mini M class but so far so good on that one too. Too much info on the screen for old eyes... have to get my magnifying specs to read it all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread