DNA 40 Chip with Temperature Control - CLONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchy2k

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Left Coast
The Chinese have released dna 40 40W Chip with Temperature Control, the clone of Evolv DNA 40.
$30.55 $35.36 - DNA 40 40W Box Mod Chip with Temperature Control - Cigabuy
It has Temperature Control as they say, like real DNA40. Costs $30.55.
I'm curious if anyone has tried it, but I doubt that will work like real thing.
But, who knows?
Kewl.....that is twenty dollars under the cheapest USA available Evolv board and it includes a USB charging board. I got an Evolv board and if it has $10 of parts and labor in it, I would be surprized. But, no reason Evolv shouldn't earn back development costs. I have a Vapor Flask DNA40 TC clone intransit just released from customs. There are others that have this model coming that ordered days later than me. Maybe a reputation will be earned or lost by the Chinese DNA40 clone. I also saw where they upped the board to a 50 watt TC version for marketing I guess. One second delay firing is going to a bad sign if it happens.

Last edited:

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I am in the process of building a few DNA40s and this wouldn't work since it doesn't have the onboard fire and up/down buttons that my builds require. If you are using remote buttons that isn't a problem...but that lack of flexibility in mounting options needs to be considered when building with this thing.

Crunchy2k

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Left Coast
I am in the process of building a few DNA40s and this wouldn't work since it doesn't have the onboard fire and up/down buttons that my builds require. If you are using remote buttons that isn't a problem...but that lack of flexibility in mounting options needs to be considered when building with this thing.
Those are testing buttons. You don't want to use them as surface mounted parts are hard to replace. Evolv boards have big holes for wire to to real switches that can be replaced cheaply.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Those are testing buttons. You don't want to use them as surface mounted parts are hard to replace. Evolv boards have big holes for wire to to real switches that can be replaced cheaply.

Evolv specifically states that the onboard switches are appropriate for controlling the board, not just for testing. The onboard up/down buttons are rated to 300,000 actuations with external actuators. Even if they ultimately fail, you can still then use the board with external switches to prolong the life of the board.

The DNA40 datasheet specifically states "The DNA 40 is a self-contained power regulator which does not require external components for its user interface. However, it does support the use of external interface components if desired."

Look at devices like the Beyond Vape Solara...that one is set up to use the onboard buttons (both fire and up/down) for controlling the device. Even Vaporshark uses the onboard up/down buttons.

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
Evolv specifically states that the onboard switches are appropriate for controlling the board, not just for testing. The onboard up/down buttons are rated to 300,000 actuations with external actuators. Even if they ultimately fail, you can still then use the board with external switches to prolong the life of the board.

The DNA40 datasheet specifically states "The DNA 40 is a self-contained power regulator which does not require external components for its user interface. However, it does support the use of external interface components if desired."

Look at devices like the Beyond Vape Solara...that one is set up to use the onboard buttons (both fire and up/down) for controlling the device. Even Vaporshark uses the onboard up/down buttons.

Vapor shark does not use the on board buttons. I know that the zna uses them. It allows for a more compact device. My only gripe about the on board buttons is that they are too soft and not clicky.

ozen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Rabbit Hole
Vapor shark does not use the on board buttons. I know that the zna uses them. It allows for a more compact device. My only gripe about the on board buttons is that they are too soft and not clicky.

Are you sure? This is the DNA30 but looking at the each button position same as DNA40, they're using the on board button

ZUbvdHm.jpg

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California

Sorry, but your information is incorrect. The up/down onboard buttons are definitely used on the VS.

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
The Chinese have released DNA 40 40W Chip with Temperature Control, the clone of Evolv DNA 40.
$30.55 $35.36 - DNA 40 40W Box Mod Chip with Temperature Control - Cigabuy
It has Temperature Control as they say, like real DNA40. Costs $30.55.
I'm curious if anyone has tried it, but I doubt that will work like real thing.
But, who knows?

And you are correct...sort of, it's $16.98 more. :) Found 8 dna 40 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I think he was talking about cigabuy -- they have two dna40 hanna boxes -- one 7.xx more than just the board and the other for 15 more than the board -- apparently both of them do TP so I'm not sure what the deal is -- I ordered the $45 one and a board last week

dna+40 - Online shopping for dna+40 with free shipping at cigabuy.com

I just chatted with the people at Cigabuy -- they said the $37 dollar version does not have temp control.

Last edited:

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread