30 days of Vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz W

Jul 14, 2012
California
I am still off the stinkies at 31 days! I have spent about the same amount of money on vaping as I would have on cigs, but that will go way down now that I have all the tanks and batteries I need. Went down from 24 nic level to 12 nic, and will go down more next month. It is so doable to vape and not smoke!!

Last edited:

PinkCupcake

Aug 27, 2015
Nebraska
Congrats on staying smoke free! Fair warning it's very easy for vaping to become a hobby. I've been eyeing a few new mods myself but so far I haven't given in to buying anything new for the last three months or so not counting batteries and an external charger. Maybe when I get my taxes back I'll let myself splurge a bit ;)

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
I am still off the stinkies at 31 days! I have spent about the same amount of money on vaping as I would have on cigs, but that will go way down now that I have all the tanks and batteries I need. Went down from 24 nic level to 12 nic, and will go down more next month. It is so doable to vape and not smoke!!
Awesome and congrats Liz!

Reactions: Liz W

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
Congrats on staying smoke free! Fair warning it's very easy for vaping to become a hobby. I've been eyeing a few new mods myself but so far I haven't given in to buying anything new for the last three months or so not counting batteries and an external charger. Maybe when I get my taxes back I'll let myself splurge a bit ;)
Indeed, and it certainly has become a hobby for me and most of us. I remember buying so many tanks initially and now I have nearly a dozen which I no longer use. I have however settled down a bit and am more than satisfied with my existing equipment. You know half the fun is the journey, and the satisfaction comes when you've found your perfect setup...that is until newer products are released which catch your attention!

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Welcome aboard - and isn't it a brilliant feeling when you reach a landmark smoke free day!

I put off joining this Forum until I reached six weeks and still cannot believe how easy vaping made it - and I'd previously tried cold turkey and two smoking cessation courses based on nicotine replacement therapy. Bear in mind that I smoked for over 50 years which is why I can get a bit evangelical about vaping.

Well done you again - posts like yours do help others wanting to do the same thing.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Congrats. Keep up the good work!

I DIY my juice. I started at 18 mg and gradually cut down to 1 mg. Hoping to go 0nic by Christmas or New Year.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Heard this one, Two Bears?? "only a vaper would interpret OMG as zero mg nic" :) lol

Congrats on getting to ZERO!! How long did it take to this point?

I have made my first bottle of 0 nic yesterday but I still have 50-60 ml of the 1 mg nic. You know waste not want not. I make 50 ml at a time.

I usually drop 1 mg every 4-5 weeks depending on when the current batch runs out. Since I quit using dripper for RTAs that I can vape at loser wattages it has gotten longer between steps

I am shooting for around or after Christmas to do my happy dance.

I have been vaping 2 -2 1/2 years but cutting down my nic for about 22 months

Last edited:

Liz W

Jul 14, 2012
California
I have made my first bottle of 0 nic yesterday but I still have 50-60 ml of the 1 mg nic. You know waste not want not. I make 50 ml at a time

How long did it take you to go from 18mg to 1mg? I started at 24mg and am down to 12mg in 30 days....I want to get to zero, but not TOO quick :) I smoked a pack a day for 40 years straight.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
How long did it take you to go from 18mg to 1mg? I started at 24mg and am down to 12mg in 30 days....I want to get to zero, but not TOO quick :) I smoked a pack a day for 40 years straight.

You're exactly right. Slow and steady. Those big drops in nic will send you running Back to the Stinkies and show you that willpower if I may borrow Don Johnson's Quote from Miami Vice "Worth didly and squat".

If you don't make your juice you can take smaller steps than the 6 mg drops.

Mix a 18 and a 12 mg and you have stepped down from a 18 to a 15 mg dose. Then go to 12, mix a 12 and a 6 and you dropped from 12 to 9, the. Step down. ,6, then mix a 6 and 0 and you are vaping 3mg, then mix a ,6 with teo ,0 mg and you're vaping 2 mg.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Welcome And Congrats. It is well worth the effort and only get better.
It took me A year to go from 24 mg to 3 mg And Now 2 mg. I would not rush it to much. 2 packs A day 30 + years

I agree. Baby steps and you are much more likely to succeed.

I tried lights, ultra livhts, (thinking I was getting less nic) cold turkey, patches, nicotine gum, even hypnosis. Never had any breakthrough until I tried vaping and DIYing my ejuice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread