xvostick clone any owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.D.

Feb 8, 2016
Hello to you all. Since I'm new vaper and I just got my Xvostick clone I want to ask you a question.
After every 2 puffs I got the "too hot" message on the screen and I can't use it anymore unless I disconnect and reconnect the battery, even if I wait for 5-10 minutes... I wonder if any of you had this problem? I'm using smok TFV4 atomizer with a stock coil, which shows ~0.4 ohm. I still haven't had time to make an rba with higher resistance, but wonder if it will continue to behave the same way? I really like the mode as a form factor and everything, but if this is a persisting problem will probably return it. The "too hot" issue turns up after every 1 or 2 puffs no matter the W I set... Thank you in advance :)

Reactions: Katdarling

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I had t
Hello to you all. Since I'm new vaper and I just got my Xvostick clone I want to ask you a question.
After every 2 puffs I got the "too hot" message on the screen and I can't use it anymore unless I disconnect and reconnect the battery, even if I wait for 5-10 minutes... I wonder if any of you had this problem? I'm using smok TFV4 atomizer with a stock coil, which shows ~0.4 ohm. I still haven't had time to make an RBA with higher resistance, but wonder if it will continue to behave the same way? I really like the mode as a form factor and everything, but if this is a persisting problem will probably return it. The "too hot" issue turns up after every 1 or 2 puffs no matter the W I set... Thank you in advance :)

I had to return my first one (FT clone) because it kept powering down. The sent a replacement which works fine... still displays the "new coil" message even in wattage mode but that's not a deal breaker.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
After every 2 puffs I got the "too hot" message on the screen and I can't use it anymore unless I disconnect and reconnect the battery, even if I wait for 5-10 minutes... I wonder if any of you had this problem? I'm using Smok TFV4 atomizer with a stock coil, which shows ~0.4 ohm. I still haven't had time to make an RBA with higher resistance, but wonder if it will continue to behave the same way? I really like the mode as a form factor and everything, but if this is a persisting problem will probably return it. The "too hot" issue turns up after every 1 or 2 puffs no matter the W I set... Thank you in advance :)
after reading most of the posts in this thread, it's my assertion that the OEM board in the clownsticks are wonky at best. not to say some of you who own a stock clownstick have a good working board but seems to me that it is a 50/50 chance when it comes to getting a 100% functional unit.

suggestions: 1) RMA the mod and hope your next is sound. 2) www.sweet-vapes.com has the evolv dna 40 for $35.

artv61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
SC,USA
After every 2 puffs I got the "too hot" message on the screen and I can't use it anymore unless I disconnect and reconnect the battery, even if I wait for 5-10 minutes... I wonder if any of you had this problem? I'm using Smok TFV4 atomizer with a stock coil, which shows ~0.4 ohm. I still haven't had time to make an RBA with higher resistance, but wonder if it will continue to behave the same way? I really like the mode as a form factor and everything, but if this is a persisting problem will probably return it. The "too hot" issue turns up after every 1 or 2 puffs no matter the W I set... Thank you in advance :)
try changing to a different battery if you have any,I had the same thing happen on a different device and ended up being battery getting to hot. had something to do with how it reads battery. just my 2c but worth a try.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I have had my 3FVape clone for about 4 months now. It has all of the same issues that others have mentioned. I love this mod but will not buy another because of the inconsistencies in the chip. Too afraid of getting a bad one. I wanted another side by side so ordered the Envy22 mod to see how that one holds up. Would have preferred an external battery but will see how it works out. Just can't justify the cost of an original.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Funny, I just received my Envy today. I also wanted an external battery but took a chance. So far so good :thumb:
IMG_20160209_114735011-1200x2133.jpg

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
There is a thread in here on both the xvostick and the envy. Can you give us an comparison once you have used it for a couple of days?

Athena Envy 22 vs Xvostick

I'll be sure to comment in the appropriate thread but so far I am loving the Athena. It's a little bigger but the battery life is stellar. So far I have 236 "puffs" & the battery indicator has barely dropped off of 100% vaping on TC yesterday & 35 watts last night into this morning. Maybe my battery indicator isn't even working since it almost seems impossible, regardless I am happy with my purchase.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I have had my 3FVape clone for about 4 months now. It has all of the same issues that others have mentioned. I love this mod but will not buy another because of the inconsistencies in the chip. Too afraid of getting a bad one. I wanted another side by side so ordered the Envy22 mod to see how that one holds up. Would have preferred an external battery but will see how it works out. Just can't justify the cost of an original.
Same.. I like the look of the Envy but would have preferred an external battery.

Reactions: Katdarling

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
I thought about it for a while but seeing how I'm currently on a list for a DNA 200 squonker that also won't have a replaceable battery pack I figured I'd have to adjust my thought process eventually any way. This was a cheap enough investment that once the battery dies I can throw it out without any guilt.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I thought about it for a while but seeing how I'm currently on a list for a DNA 200 squonker that also won't have a replaceable battery pack I figured I'd have to adjust my thought process eventually any way. This was a cheap enough investment that once the battery dies I can throw it out without any guilt.

Same reasoning for my Envy 22 purchase... I have 2 iStick 30s that were cheap, have been uber-dependable and are stick kicking along like champs... So small investment and once they (and Envy if it performs/last like they have) die then I will have gotten my money's worth and then some.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Anyone considering this Kangside Luxury Box Original Kangside Kingside KSD Luxury Box 35W VW Box Mod
I have the 25 watt Vamo and well one became four, it is a nice mod.

I have the Vamo also and really like it... sold out most places now.

I went with Envy 22 instead because the Luxury was too big and too ugly (IMO). I did like the battery compartment and price but couldn't get past this size and looks.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
I have the Vamo also and really like it... sold out most places now.

I went with Envy 22 instead because the Luxury was too big and too ugly (IMO). I did like the battery compartment and price but couldn't get past this size and looks.

Yep they have a unique style. :lol:
You are right, I don't know that I could live with the size. :(

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Anyone considering this Kangside Luxury Box Original Kangside Kingside KSD Luxury Box 35W VW Box Mod
I have the 25 watt Vamo and well one became four, it is a nice mod.
I have it. I don't like it much. It works fine. But it is "long" or "wide" in my hand and uncomfortable. Totally not like the xvo clone which I also have (the clone is crap but the form factor is great). Maybe if I had larger hands it would be okay. I'll take a pic (shhh Kat and DPL) when I get home so I can show (instead of poorly describe) what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
I have it. I don't like it much. It works fine. But it is "long" or "wide" in my hand and uncomfortable. Totally not like the xvo clone which I also have (the clone is crap but the form factor is great). Maybe if I had larger hands it would be okay. I'll take a pic (shhh Kat and DPL) when I get home so I can show (instead of poorly describe) what I mean.

Thanks pokemom, I kind of mocked up the size and it felt big to me. I have larger hands.
Time to put a DNA 40 in your xvo clown. :D

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Thanks pokemom, I kind of mocked up the size and it felt big to me. I have larger hands.
Time to put a DNA 40 in your xvo clown. :D
I had to find a modder, but yes that is the plan for the clown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread