Status
Not open for further replies.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
So you don't have your wick directly in two channels where they open to the juice flow? I was thinking about trying it without being able to see the wick or just leaving it however it landed.
I just drop my wick into the channel's & then screw the base on. You can't see the wick's line up but it works.

Reactions: MMW

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
As someone else mentioned the one aspect of this tank that I really enjoy is that it isn't a juice hog. On the Bellus I can literally watch the juice disappear as I take a vape, the Serpent isn't as bad but not by much. The Bachelor seems to conserve juice at the same rate of a STM with a stock coil which is as miserly as I've ever seen.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I wouldn't expect an issue with thinner viscosity e-Liquids but with 100VG I was getting air embolisms stopping juice flow without lining up the JFV.
I noticed the same thing a couple of times. Opened and closed the juice control, and it started working again. This was with 50/50 juice.

HD

Reactions: 350ZMO

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
1st tank full devoured and its a big :thumbs:

Loads of flavour, conservative on juice but still plenty of vapour

Only used the coil that was in it so far and its barely broken in ..... should last a fair few refills

bachelor steroids.jpg

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
I hit my groove today with the Bachelor, did a 26 awg SS316L build running at 35W & it's fantastic. I wish there was a tiny bit more air but I raised the coil a little over the location of the stock coil & feels like it helped. The juice control & top fill are excellent, I've had zero leaks, not even weaping from the air intakes. I still can't believe how miserly it is with juice, overall a definite winner for me.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
A couple of YouTube videos show black o ring seals on top when you open it to fill. Mine had the solid white gasket similar to a tfv4. I like the white gasket better. I'm running 50/50 juice with a 3mm SS coil. Juice control only half opened and wicking great. Good clouds and decent air flow. I like it.

HD

Reactions: Btsmokincat

godfatherI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2015
georgia
I hit my groove today with the Bachelor, did a 26 awg SS316L build running at 35W & it's fantastic. I wish there was a tiny bit more air but I raised the coil a little over the location of the stock coil & feels like it helped. The juice control & top fill are excellent, I've had zero leaks, not even weaping from the air intakes. I still can't believe how miserly it is with juice, overall a definite winner for me.

Awesome!!! I worry a bit about loosening of the top cap over time, but it has a SS lock-in mechanism which should control that issue.

How is the airflow noise? Saw a couple reviews where it sounded like a sub tank and a couple where it sounded more like a kayfun. I am guessing it probably is due to a combo of microphone placement and position of airflow control. I would like to take this tank to work in place of my Kay 4s because it seems easier to troubleshoot on the fly. Noisy arty would be a no go in that situation though.

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
I have two, one from eciggity and the one from FT ordered before the holiday showed up. Two different builds in them and they are both working great.

I put the flavor density almost that of the rose given they sustain 30W with 100VG at 360F and don't leak. Up the temp or thin the juice and 35-40W is achievable and at that power the flavor density is on par with the rose as the rose has much more restrictive air flow but can take 24W.

Somewhat restricted DTL on the Bachelor versus MTL only on the rose. Less restrictive than an unmodified GT-IIS.

I find the AFC and JFC smooth, not too tight or loose. I have had others that fell off, rattled or took a firm grip or tool to turn. I like these.

As-Is that puts the Bachelor up there with my favorites. A cup design like the rose, Kaiser, Bachelor etc is a little more tricky to build for great performance ie juice flow, power and flavor density (higher vaporized e-Liquid to air ratio) with no leaking. I'm not saying difficult because it isn't once you do a couple. But a great build on others, say the GT2 for example can be done in shorter time and with less manipulation. Though the Bachelor has better airflow than a stock GTII-S.

There are a couple of improvements I would like to see, both very minor and can be compensated for as-is. One is for the JFC to align with the juice slots when the tank is fully tightened to prevent air bubble embolism and the other is I would like to see the cup 2-3mm deeper with JFC slots to match for a slightly taller vertical build. Past that, a spare top fill gasket would have been appreciated instead of colored tank seals which I expect many different colors will come over time. Even though it comes with a spare glass tank, spare tanks are available from FT. Hopefully spare gaskets will become available. I don't have or foresee a problem with the gasket but any gasket can get damaged with use over time.

Hopefully the V2, and I'm sure there will be, won't be totally borked like some others have been. Very little improvement if any is needed. As some like smaller attys, a Nano version would be a good offering.

As has been said, this isn't a 200W cloud machine nor is it like drawing through a needle at 8W. But if you like your vape between 20 and 40W with restricted DTL and good flavor density and don't mind a little trial and error on builds for max performance, you will be happy. I have other tanks with greater airflow for unrestricted DTL but the flavor density is anemic. This isn't one of those. If you like more restrictive MTL, dial down the AFC. With AFC full open, a restricted DTL is possible i.e. inhale with some force. It is not an effortless DTL.

IMG_5144.jpg

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
Can anyone try this tank's glass tank on Billow V2 ?
My Billow's glass has broken and Bachelor is on the way with 1 reserve but I couldn't find any information if they use the same glass or not..
No go... Bachelor is a few mm longer and only 21.75 mm OD where the Billow glass is a 23.15 mm OD.

Reactions: 350ZMO

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Here is a horizontal build technique that works pretty well, I've used it in similar build style attys with good success.

Find a mandrel that fits the juice slots maybe with a little clearance. In my case K&S 1/8" brass tube worked good. Make a single layer Stainless Steel mesh tube, with a little overlap. In my case 50u.
IMG_5146.jpg

Trim to fit cup OD then wrap with a single layer with little overlap from the outside layer of a KGD pad.

IMG_5147.jpg

Wrap coil, secure legs and trim excess OC.

IMG_5150.jpg

Stuff little pieces of OC in any open slots.

IMG_5149.jpg

Makes a hollow tube wick to minimize wick path length. Sorry for the fuzzy pictures.

IMG_5152.jpg

This next one is what I call the stupid build. It produces stupid amounts of vapor and if not done just right can cause all kinds of hot spots and bad vapor by-products.

IMG_5145.jpg

It uses a single layer with little overlap 50u SS mesh tube for the heating element and wick. The OC on the ends is to plug gaps and electrical insulation for the end coming off the positive post. It's black because I dry fired with e-Liquid, not to oxidize it, but to ensure uniform heating. One out of several attempts will be successful with no hot spots. Not recommended. Just wanted to show it can be done.

That's another positive about the Bachelor, it can be built in a multitude of ways. So far Vertical seems best for a combination of ease and performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread