AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
And I've got his disease, just by the way. That's how I know of him. :blush:
I don't know anything about that DP...

But, If you want, I could get someone to rub some Oinkment on IT!!!

LOLz, Jim

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'd love to like this but....Ummm.... I don't get it? :confused:

Our parents used to yell at us, not to run with sticks in our hands. It's too dangerous. We didn't listen, of course. Who would???

I was implying that you just throw all caution to the wind, and don't give a {X} about what anyone says (which might actually be true).

But THAT line was simply a (yet another) poor attempt at humor (which is something I "excel" at). :unsure:

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
Our parents used to yell at us, not to run with sticks in our hands. It's too dangerous. We didn't listen, of course. Who would???

I was implying that you just throw all caution to the wind, and don't give a {X} about what anyone says (which might actually be true).

But THAT line was simply a (yet another) poor attempt at humor (which is something I "excel" at). :unsure:
3qxfjz.jpg

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
You are just crazy! :p

Didn't I hear about one guy's iPhone catching on fire once? Be careful as it isn't that rare. Apple has only sold about 800 million iPhones.:)

My iPhone and/or iPad charges while I sleep every night. My Radius does the odd time, but I don't trust my iSticks or Reuleaux RX200's or 18650 batteries in a charger overnight. Selectively cautious, I guess.

Yes, I heard about that guys iPhone. And if memory serves, he wasn't using an Apple iPhone charger. Just sayin........

You Beated me To IT!

Keeping your charger in a pan is a great idea.

One thing I haven't seen anyone bring up here yet is one of those fire proof charging bags.

You didn't answer Knife's question about keeping your cordless house phone in the charging cradle or don't you have a cordless house phone?

I take everyone of these people saying charging your batteries (or battery in Radius or cell phone) while sleeping is unsafe do not have cordless house phone's either?

Yes, Yes I do leave my cordless phones in their charger. But like I said earlier, I'm living life on the edge! I'm sure I've run with scissors too. Yes I am!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Yes, Yes I do leave my cordless phones in their charger. But like I said earlier, I'm living life on the edge! I'm sure I've run with scissors too. Yes I am!

Next you are gonna tell us that you don't wait 1/2 hour after eating before going swimming!

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Next you are gonna tell us that you don't wait 1/2 hour after eating before going swimming!

Now that you mention it, there's that too! Yes there is! :lol:

Here's a link to the 8 riskiest things most of us do daily (well cept for one of them - you'll figger which one may not be a, uh, er, um, daily activity)!

8 Riskiest Things We Do Everyday

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

Here's a link to the 8 riskiest things most of us do daily (well cept for one of them - you'll figger which one may not be a, uh, er, um, daily activity)!

So #9 is Charging your Radius while you Sleep?

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.

I don't do yard work everyday. The rest........;)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Electrical rates are cheaper at night. That's why we do our laundry, vacuum, play Xbox, and watch movies at night.

We charge our batteries as needed but unplug the chargers when we leave the house. Unplug our MADE IN U.S.A. coffee maker, our ice maker (and tipped over in the sink) and other, "at risk" appliances when we go away for at least a overnight. Hell, we will even shut off the main water when "going away" long enough...

We have two fire extinguishers on every level of the house, one at each end, one in the basement, and one on every level of the garage.

Great conversation, btw.

I worked in a chemical plant where every safety incident was the workers fault so I see a lot of potential safety incidents most people don't.

Seriously, one time a icicle fell from the roof of a building and hit a woman on the head and it was her fault because she should have been more aware of the icicle hanging from the roof. God help someone if they slipped on a patch of ice...

Gee, in the 23 years, 10 months and 10 daze I worked there, I NEVER got hurt at work...

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy

#1 ~ Get out of bed ~ I remember once having my bed raised way in the air. Forgot! The next morning I threw my legs over the side & went to stand up....I have to say that was one of those times I saw stars when I wasn't doing #3. :oops:

#2 ~ Shower ~ The memory of the 'split' still make me cringe in pain.

#4 ~ Drive ~ Ever flip a car? I did.

#5 ~ Cooking ~ I hate it with a passion which is why #6 ~ Eat ~ was either restaurants or take out until I started taking care of my mom. Bless her heart- she thinks everything I cook for her is terrific.

#7 ~ Yard work ~ no no & NO! :nah:

#8 ~ Go to work ~ no no & NO! :banana:

After all that I think I got this vape thing handled!

giphy.gif

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Keeping your charger in a pan is a great idea.

One thing I haven't seen anyone bring up here yet is one of those fire proof charging bags.

You didn't answer Knife's question about keeping your cordless house phone in the charging cradle or don't you have a cordless house phone?

I take everyone of these people saying charging your batteries (or battery in Radius or cell phone) while sleeping is unsafe do not have cordless house phone's either?

I'm sorry, gin, but I didn't see Knife's question...

Cordless phones use NiMh cells (a different battery chemistry than what we use in our vapes), and are happy to be left on a charge indefinitely, from what I've read.

Li-Ion is a whooooooooooooole nother animal.

My home phones use 1.5v Nickel Metal Hydride batteries. They are a bit different from Li-Ion and I've modified the charging bases to provide a super low charge current. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I was charging Li-Ion batts overnight.

Agreed, and thank you.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
LOL!!!!

I can't believe you guys are STILL going on about this. For chrissake, do whatever you want to (you can bet your arses I will).

FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Yessiree, sometimes, we're just like a pack of dogs with a bone. But how safe is that bone? Huh? :evil:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread