Not open for further replies.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I really wanted to place an order with Halo.

Something about their whole business structure kind of gets under my skin though.

Their prices are on the higher end of the scale. No options for bigger bottles, so no savings for buying more. You want more, you have to order more 30ml bottles at the 19.99 per bottle price.

I like Prime 15 though, so even that won't deter me.

I also have to pay taxes on the product now because they are based out of Florida, and that doesn't deter me either.

But those shipping cost, within Florida, is higher than everyone else I order from (even from California) Why do they look to make a profit off shipping cost? This bothers me......

The 20% off is a very nice deal, but taxes and shipping eat that up. It still ends up being close to $19.99 a bottle when all is said and done. Without the sale it can be close to $27 a bottle if you live in Florida.

I hate complaining about stuff.... and I know how this sounds. I guess I just had to share this somewhere because if I hold this kind of stuff in..... who knows, I might get dizzy or my feet might swell up.

Okay, that's pushing it. I should just go place an order.
thanks for sharing Skeebo

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Wow! That Charlie Noble Sale is great. Who was it that said one of the new Charlie Noble in Paradise flavours was "pungent"? I wanna try them, but avoid that one.

It was moi. The flavor I found distasteful was not Eden's Beach or Capt. Charleston. Those were good.

The one I avoid, until further notice, is Shellback Slush. Don't want to badmouth unnecessarily...

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
It was moi. The flavor I found distasteful was not Eden's Beach or Capt. Charleston. Those were good.

The one I avoid, until further notice, is Shellback Slush. Don't want to badmouth unnecessarily...

Thanks for getting back to me love! Much appreciated. I'm going to pick me up some Canary Coulis and Eden's Beach.

Reactions: DJLEC

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Any one tried TPR Citrus Crema or Blueberries and Fresh Cream? Would like to hear the good, the bad and the ugly.
no bueno on either of those. In fact I have never heard a good review of the blueberry one and lots of No Bueno's

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
good description. Another hard one to make I am sure because so many taste like this. Tang maybe
Andria makes some great things but those are not two of them
Banana Pudding
Burley and Candy
Cinna drizzle
Pistachio Pudding
Dutch Cocoa tobacco
Pina Colada
those are her winners
Some say Angel Sauce (it is just not my flavor profile)

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
I really wanted to place an order with Halo.

Something about their whole business structure kind of gets under my skin though.

Their prices are on the higher end of the scale. No options for bigger bottles, so no savings for buying more. You want more, you have to order more 30ml bottles at the 19.99 per bottle price.

I like Prime 15 though, so even that won't deter me.

I also have to pay taxes on the product now because they are based out of Florida, and that doesn't deter me either.

But those shipping cost, within Florida, is higher than everyone else I order from (even from California) Why do they look to make a profit off shipping cost? This bothers me......

The 20% off is a very nice deal, but taxes and shipping eat that up. It still ends up being close to $19.99 a bottle when all is said and done. Without the sale it can be close to $27 a bottle if you live in Florida.

I hate complaining about stuff.... and I know how this sounds. I guess I just had to share this somewhere because if I hold this kind of stuff in..... who knows, I might get dizzy or my feet might swell up.

Okay, that's pushing it. I should just go place an order.

The prices per ML are on the High Side.

I always buy when they have a 20% Off Sale and enough for the Free Shipping.

Sales Tax is a drag.

I catalogued my Halo Stash this morning. In consideration they were first out of the gate to pounce on the FDA, it will be my patriotic duty this Memorial Day to place an Order.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
Any one tried TPR Citrus Crema or Blueberries and Fresh Cream? Would like to hear the good, the bad and the ugly.

Nope and Nope.

Take a look at Sleeping Dragon Vapor - Mr. Roarke. While you are there in the Hidden Juice Menu since you like NET's; Capn's Stash and Blue Bacco. Have just finished 60 ML's of Capn's Stash and a 10 ML of Blue Bacco. I will be supporting SDV this Memorial Day also.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
Banana Pudding
Burley and Candy
Cinna drizzle
Pistachio Pudding
Dutch Cocoa Tobacco
Pina Colada
those are her winners

This is a good list.

Did you not like Candied Cavendish?

We know Peanut Butter Creme Pie is worthy, and I hear M Type Tobacco is also good.

Dutch Cocoa Tobacco is crazy good but intense.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
The prices per ML are on the High Side.

I always buy when they have a 20% Off Sale and enough for the Free Shipping.

Sales Tax is a drag.

I catalogued my Halo Stash this morning. In consideration they were first out of the gate to pounce on the FDA, it will be my patriotic duty this Memorial Day to place an Order.

They probably moved to distance themselves from that Jersey Shore cast. I do applaud their past success and renewed efforts against the FDA. It just hurts when I clap because I keep catching my sulking bottom lip in between my hands.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Banana Pudding
Burley and Candy
Cinna drizzle
Pistachio Pudding
Dutch Cocoa Tobacco
Pina Colada
those are her winners

I tried TPR Burley and Candy, the fig one and Candied Cavendish over two years ago. I hate the taste of tobacco absolute (TA) and it turned me totally off on TPR and never ordered anything since then. Only recently when I tried Cinna-Drizzle have I started to order again. Although not on your list of winners, for me I think PBCP may be making my list of winners joining Cinna-Drizzle and Lemon Chiffon Pie.

From the NET forum: "Tobacco Absolute (TA) is a commercial product made by various manufacturers (most famously in Bulgaria) that was used originally in the perfume industry. Natural tobacco is distilled or extracted into an essential oil carried as a suspension in an alcohol base. TA is super-super-concentrated and must be significantly diluted (e.g., 1:100 or more) for use in flavoring eliquids.”

Anyhow my decision has been made about my Memorial Day sales purchases. Not that I don’t have enough ProVaris and Kabuki tanks however I was contacted by House of Hybrids giving me first right of refusal for a Byzantium (purple) ZenKote Dragon ProVari Mini with a matching Kabuki tank that I could not refuse. Probably the only one they will do in Byzantium ZenKote. I already have two slightly different dragons in Gold ZenKote and my last dragon will come in a month or so in Rose Gold ZenKote.

I am going to skip the majority of the Memorial Day eliquid sales. I have more than ample eliquids to last me quite a while. I will wait for the 4th of July sales other than more TPR FOTW plus maybe another bottle of Lemon Chiffon Pie and Cinna-Drizzle. It seems to me that TPR does not do sales often other than FOTW so need to take advantage of the 25% off. I may also try a couple of the new hybrids from NET.com at 20% off plus the new AiV limited edition. Now you know all of this is subject to change should something come along to change my mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread