Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
I've been using my eroll for about 18 months and only use Cigar juice. My batteries are beginning to run their course and I'm wondering what to do next. Buy more batteries or invest in another type of device to enjoy my Cigar Juice. Any suggestions?
Sounds like you are happy with eroll. 18 months with the same battery is unique. Might want to stay with eroll or lets us know what you do not like about eroll.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner | Guide To Vaping
http://onvaping.com/guide/beginners...cig-battery-basics-cig-a-likes-egos-and-mods/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum
(4) Good Starter Setups for a Beginning Vapor | E-Cigarette Forum
Just, hit "like" at bottom right hand corner of this post and I (or someone else) can read your answer and get back to you if your still need help.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
An evod kit is around 40 bucks it's a bit larger than the eroll but you get 2 650mah batteries. Each should give you 5-7 hours between charges. And you'll get 2 evod tanks that will hold more juice than what you are used to, so less refilling.
It comes with charge cable and wall wart plus 5 replacement coils to replace the worn out ones.

This kit should keep you vapin' for a few months before you need to drop 10 bucks on a new 5 pack of coils. Cheers.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The eRoll vaped in a unique way. I think it's one of those products I could tell with my eyes closed.
I feel that same about Joyetech 510 atomizers (with cartridges) and early clearomizers such as Stardust/CE4 or maybe iClear16.
Things move on... most new products are far superior, but that doesn't always suit (in terms of replicating a sensation) a long-term user of something specific.
The Kanger evod was a classic in it's own way... personally I'd go for a Aspire K1 or Eleaf GS instead, but it's not a bad place to start.

glenngkavanagh

Sep 28, 2016
The eRoll vaped in a unique way. I think it's one of those products I could tell with my eyes closed.
I feel that same about Joyetech 510 atomizers (with cartridges) and early clearomizers such as Stardust/CE4 or maybe iClear16.
Things move on... most new products are far superior, but that doesn't always suit (in terms of replicating a sensation) a long-term user of something specific.
The Kanger evod was a classic in it's own way... personally I'd go for a Aspire K1 or Eleaf GS instead, but it's not a bad place to start.
Thanks and that's what I figured and what a better way to find out by going to the experts and why I joined the forum. I was also curious about where most people bought their supplies, locally or online?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks and that's what I figured and what a better way to find out by going to the experts and why I joined the forum. I was also curious about where most people bought their supplies, locally or online?

The more expensive the item, the more likely I am to buy locally from a shop or over the internet using the official channels.
Joyetech (of eRoll fame) are notorious for only helping with warranty claims through the official shop(s).
Since they call all vendors who are not their chosen vendors "copycats" or "dealers in fakes/clones" then those can only be asked to assist you under the consumer law which applies to the country/state you are in.
Things are better these days though and because the products are so much less expensive, the risks are lower.

Clearly, online is a jungle anyway as there are so many vendors that simply overcharge. However, you are less likely to get ripped off specifically searching for Kanger or Joyetech or Aspire or Eleaf as that is not where the ripping-off is taking place. The ripping off (and it's a disgusting capitalist practice) is being carried out by the big brands who take existing equipment and then triple the price and change the name of the hardware. We know who they are. Some even appear as brands on forums.

Bottom line. Use an independent online store. If you are buying a full kit then ask yourself what your attitude to risk needs to be. Most decent stores will offer warranties.

Clearly, we all need to avoid the tobacco company brands, (Blu & Greensmoke) and the re-branding operations.
Oh.... and the 200+ fake review sites that recommend based on commission % .... they are also deeply untrustworthy.
The industry is rife with bad practice. What's worse is people still put links on forums to these review sites knowing a new vaper can easily be charged $99.99 for a $20 e-cig.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Slinky77

Moved On
Oct 2, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: New Identity of previously banned member

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Has anyone here tried the EGO AIO Starter kit?
We sure have. It's very popular.
Totally different concept to many, since it's all in one (you are stuck with it as it is tank/battery) and you can't mess with the power other than by changing the coil head/atomizer.
For the price it's great. It vapes at quite a powerful level as well, which is good or bad (or indifferent) depending on what you are looking for.
For $15 and a pack of coil heads ($8.50/$9.00) it's an inexpensive risk.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Has anyone here tried the EGO AIO Starter kit?

Oh geez... just saw that post and yeah, I have one but knowing what I know now I probably would not have bothered. It's okay I guess, got me through a rough spot in any event. I like the portability but the performance is lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread