What Mech ya sportin today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I cannot say for sure what your issue is, but when I got the black one, switch was overly stiff, and would not fire reliable. Looked through my spare springs for a replacement. During the process one of the springs caused it to fire when turning the end cap on all the way. That would be the first thing I would check. I would/did also replace the o-ring on the contacts with a decent quality one.

2 of my 3 are 1:1, the third has a shorter blunt pin to activate the clutch, all three work equally well once I did a little work on them. I polished pin/clutch surfaces as well as the key contact points.

If you can post up some pics of the switch and clutch type contacts it might also prove useful. When working properly the switch is quite nice. I bought a set of SOI silver plated contacts which work equally as well in all three.

Below is a link to some pics. Hopefully you can spot the issue.

Subzero clone issues

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
CCC Vape Today - Colt RDA + Chaos Mech Combo:
IMG_2697[1].JPG

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
No problems so far, one of the few clone switches I have liked out of the box. I haven't gone below a 0.6 ohm coil though, did you get a hot button or was there some other problem?

I had misfires and hot button. Stuck a Loaded spring in and it's been perfect since.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
My copper and brass Fasttech SMPL mods came today and at under $10 each, they are stupid good. Both hit hard, look great, are tiny and light and are surprisingly well constructed.

I know some are afraid of direct to battery mechs, but if you know what u are doing, these things are amazing for the $$$.

I'll post a pic when I get a sec...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread