Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Drat! We had to take the dogs to the groomers this afternoon, and a different postman came ...didn't know our 'safe place' so left a red card ...re-delivery first date is Saturday, so will have to wait before I can try the new flavours!
I ordered more of them last night, so they may all arrive together!
Aw no! Well, more bottles all at once means a bigger mix session on Saturday. :D

I really like the glazed banana. Not usually a banana vape fan (save for Clark's), but this one is nice because it is very creamy with the butterscotch. So I dont find myself getting fatigued on the banana. It is super balanced and just enjoyable. Not sure how to describe their banana...something of a mix between natural and artificial.

Next up will be the PB Banana one. Tonight or tomorrow.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Aw no! Well, more bottles all at once means a bigger mix session on Saturday. :D
...not my favourite pastime I'm afraid, but I'll make some soon anyway! :) I may try the one with just three flavours first.

I really like the glazed banana. Not usually a banana vape fan (save for Clark's), but this one is nice because it is very creamy with the butterscotch. So I dont find myself getting fatigued on the banana. It is super balanced and just enjoyable. Not sure how to describe their banana...something of a mix between natural and artificial.

Next up will be the PB Banana one. Tonight or tomorrow.
I'm not usually a fan of banana either, but a rare few have been very nice. The one you've made sounds good!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Recipe
Flavour Concentrate Percent
Banana Purée (WF) 2.25%
Caramel Butter (WF) 2.40%
Caramel Rice Crispy Treats (WF) 1.50%
Hazelnuts & Cream (WF) 2.00%
Suggested Steep Time: 10 days
Optional: This mix is on the bitter side. If you prefer sweeter mixes; sweeten to preference with your sweetener of choice.
*The combination of caramel and hazelnut create a bitter peanut butter *like* taste.

Testing this 2 days shy of a 10 day steep.
Loaded it up last night, been vaping it and pondering...

It is awesome. AWESOME. But I think the whole peanut butter thing is misleading personally. I did sweeten mine a bit with TFA Sweetener, I think I used .5% (too lazy to double check). In retrospect it probably didn't need it IMO. Anyway, not sure I taste anything like "peanut butter," but, I do see where they're coming from. It's a dark, buttery, nutty taste at the forefront with a nice banana flavor to add interest and depth. I REALLY like this. I would classify it as a "dark" flavor, with a touch of brightness from the banana. Super creamy. Great mouthfeel.

This is one of the best so far, I like it more than the Glazed Banana. Homerun IMO.

I think I've got a while to wait for the other recipes I mixed to steep. Next time I order flavors, I'm picking up most of the WF line, less the ones that really don't appeal to me. This stuff is top-notch for a Sloth's palette.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
It is awesome. AWESOME. But I think the whole peanut butter thing is misleading personally. I did sweeten mine a bit with TFA Sweetener, I think I used .5% (too lazy to double check). In retrospect it probably didn't need it IMO. Anyway, not sure I taste anything like "peanut butter," but, I do see where they're coming from. It's a dark, buttery, nutty taste at the forefront with a nice banana flavor to add interest and depth. I REALLY like this. I would classify it as a "dark" flavor, with a touch of brightness from the banana. Super creamy. Great mouthfeel.

This is one of the best so far, I like it more than the Glazed Banana. Homerun IMO.

I think I've got a while to wait for the other recipes I mixed to steep. Next time I order flavors, I'm picking up most of the WF line, less the ones that really don't appeal to me. This stuff is top-notch for a Sloth's palette.
Not sure that this would be one for me - I'll try a couple of the other recipes first I think.
I got the three I ordered on Thursday this morning! the chocolate, when opening the bottle had a smell of alcohol (not the drinking type) more of an ether/alcohol smell. Then I tried a drop, and it tastes fine! the other two taste good too: Butterscotch Cream Pie and Caramel Butter.
Looking forward to seeing what the first three I ordered are like when they arrive tomorrow.

Wonder what their strawberry is like - I want a really well flavoured natural fresh fruit one.

Off WF topic - I've been literally draining 60ml bottles of a ready to use liquid rather fast this past few weeks: It's Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich (Kilo White) - and I won't be able to get it soon as it's a US liquid in 60ml bottles. Our current retailers of it will likely sell their stock off and not get more pretty soon.
If you see a recipe anywhere for this - do let me know! :)

Reactions: Kenna

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Not sure that this would be one for me - I'll try a couple of the other recipes first I think.
I got the three I ordered on Thursday this morning! the chocolate, when opening the bottle had a smell of alcohol (not the drinking type) more of an ether/alcohol smell. Then I tried a drop, and it tastes fine! the other two taste good too: Butterscotch Cream Pie and Caramel Butter.
Looking forward to seeing what the first three I ordered are like when they arrive tomorrow.

Wonder what their strawberry is like - I want a really well flavoured natural fresh fruit one.

Off WF topic - I've been literally draining 60ml bottles of a ready to use liquid rather fast this past few weeks: It's Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich (Kilo White) - and I won't be able to get it soon as it's a US liquid in 60ml bottles. Our current retailers of it will likely sell their stock off and not get more pretty soon.
If you see a recipe anywhere for this - do let me know! :)
I ordered their Strawberry tonight along with almost their entire lineup, less the jolly rancher thing, citrus fruit, and candied grape drink. I'm going on a WF binge :party:

I'll let you know if I come across a recipe like that. I haven't seen one but I bet one is out there.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I ordered their Strawberry tonight along with almost their entire lineup, less the jolly rancher thing, citrus fruit, and candied grape drink. I'm going on a WF binge :party:
Looking forward to hearing about the strawberry one ...and any other interesting ones! ;)

I'll let you know if I come across a recipe like that. I haven't seen one but I bet one is out there.
Thanks - I did have a look, but perhaps didn't look in the right places yet!
I can't see it being very hard - a chocolate wafer flavour with a very honest vanilla ice cream. Just a case of finding the right ones! I don't know enough about flavouring yet, and chocolate can be a hard one. I'm not keen on sweet milky chocolate - prefer the darker Belgian type. Wonder if the wafer part is Acetyl Pyrazine 5%.....

Anyway - been a long day today and didn't sleep well last night. Just need to settle the computer down for the night and get this doggy to bed ...then me ...sleep! :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Looking forward to hearing about the strawberry one ...and any other interesting ones! ;)

Thanks - I did have a look, but perhaps didn't look in the right places yet!
I can't see it being very hard - a chocolate wafer flavour with a very honest vanilla ice cream. Just a case of finding the right ones! I don't know enough about flavouring yet, and chocolate can be a hard one. I'm not keen on sweet milky chocolate - prefer the darker Belgian type. Wonder if the wafer part is Acetyl Pyrazine 5%.....

Anyway - been a long day today and didn't sleep well last night. Just need to settle the computer down for the night and get this doggy to bed ...then me ...sleep! :)
Chocolate would be the tough part for sure...the wafer shouldn't be too difficult, and Vanilla would be tough to nail down juuuust right, but it's a totally doable recipe. Creating recipes admittedly isn't my forte though. Only thing I've made good (for me) is an Irish Cream Cupcake.

I need sleep, too, and Doggy needs a walk...glad we're back in touch, Pictor. Sweet dreams :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Chocolate would be the tough part for sure...the wafer shouldn't be too difficult, and Vanilla would be tough to nail down juuuust right, but it's a totally doable recipe. Creating recipes admittedly isn't my forte though. Only thing I've made good (for me) is an Irish Cream Cupcake.
I do have a recipe for the Chocolate mint ice cream waffle cone, and it's great, but this chocolate wafer vanilla ice cream is different, so I can't adapt that recipe.
I think it needs looking at in the two parts, and first I need the chocolate sandwich wafer - I may ask the chefs at Chefs Flavours to point me in the right direction. There's a number of ice cream ones ...apparently Liquid Barn is a good one, and I already have it - untried yet.

I need sleep, too, and Doggy needs a walk...glad we're back in touch, Pictor. Sweet dreams :)
Thanks - Sorry though, didn't have the sweet dreams ..couple of early troublesome phone calls related to the previous day, and it hasn't been fun. Short story: Petulant groomer of 26 years decided he didn't like our young dogs antics on Thursday, and said he wouldn't groom our two dogs any more ..in an email!
Our young dogs breeder was annoyed by his comments, and he was annoyed I'd told her ..and suddenly there's a 3 way conversation by phone and email, with him threatening to send me a solicitors letter! :facepalm:
Wouldn't care, but this dog is just a feisty teenager testing the limits, and no different to our last one which he groomed from 10 weeks old 11 years ago. I think he's having a bad time with something somewhere, and took it out on us. With luck, I've found a new groomer - will know better in 5 weeks when she goes for her first appointment, but it does look promising.

I'm glad we're back in touch too! So, here's hoping I get a better nights sleep tonight ...and I wish the same to you :)

Last edited:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Post finally brought the first three Wonder ones that I'd ordered: Tahitian Vanilla Cream, Roasted Pecan & Cream, and the Butterscotch Cream Pie ...a little drop tastes wonderful ...the Roasted Pecan has a wonderful taste - could swear I'd just got a hint of coffee with it too, and rather nice!

Did you get the rest of yours yet?

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Post finally brought the first three Wonder ones that I'd ordered: Tahitian Vanilla Cream, Roasted Pecan & Cream, and the Butterscotch Cream Pie ...a little drop tastes wonderful ...the Roasted Pecan has a wonderful taste - could swear I'd just got a hint of coffee with it too, and rather nice!

Did you get the rest of yours yet?
Really sorry about the dog groomer situation. Glad you found a new one closer by and I hope they work out great!

The rest of mine haven't come yet, I expect them Tue or Wed. I'll be going on a mix frenzy one night next week. Can't wait to hear how you like them!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Really sorry about the dog groomer situation. Glad you found a new one closer by and I hope they work out great!
Thanks! Strange how you think you know someone, and then, out of the blue, find they've either changed dramatically, or you never really knew them at all!
After this past few days, we're cautiously optimistic - but for the half hour I spoke with her, she seemed very capable and amenable.

The rest of mine haven't come yet, I expect them Tue or Wed. I'll be going on a mix frenzy one night next week. Can't wait to hear how you like them!
Really looking forward to hearing about the results and initial thoughts :)

So far, without actually mixing anything, I'm impressed by the flavour in these! I may try the Butterscotch Cream Pie as a standalone first - think that may work OK?, but the Roasted Pecan Cream has really got me interested - I'll bet that is good just mixed with a Crème Anglaise or even Pie Crust! That Tahitian Vanilla is a good one too by the taste and smell of it.

I'll get to it, but need to try and catch up on the past few haywire days, and get things running smoothly again.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Thanks! Strange how you think you know someone, and then, out of the blue, find they've either changed dramatically, or you never really knew them at all!
After this past few days, we're cautiously optimistic - but for the half hour I spoke with her, she seemed very capable and amenable.

Really looking forward to hearing about the results and initial thoughts :)

So far, without actually mixing anything, I'm impressed by the flavour in these! I may try the Butterscotch Cream Pie as a standalone first - think that may work OK?, but the Roasted Pecan Cream has really got me interested - I'll bet that is good just mixed with a Crème Anglaise or even Pie Crust! That Tahitian Vanilla is a good one too by the taste and smell of it.

I'll get to it, but need to try and catch up on the past few haywire days, and get things running smoothly again.
I know, it is always sad when we experience something like that. Maybe you are right that they just havr other things going on and took it out on you but while we all make mistakrs that is also unacceptable. It is good you put your foot down right away and found someone new.

I think the butterscotch cream pie would be excellent solo. I have only tried the tahitian, ruyan, roasted pecan and caramel butter solo, and they were all fine stand alone. The roasted pecan stand alone was in fact just breath taking.

I agree too about a slight coffee note in it. I think that is why their roasted pecan latte recipe works so well, the roasted pecan really is just getting depth from the cappuccino cream.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I know, it is always sad when we experience something like that. Maybe you are right that they just havr other things going on and took it out on you but while we all make mistakrs that is also unacceptable. It is good you put your foot down right away and found someone new.
Yes, quite upset the apple cart, and when you pay someone for a service at £76 per month, you don't expect that kind of thing after so long. Hopefully all will be well now.

I think the butterscotch cream pie would be excellent solo. I have only tried the tahitian, ruyan, roasted pecan and caramel butter solo, and they were all fine stand alone. The roasted pecan stand alone was in fact just breath taking.

I agree too about a slight coffee note in it. I think that is why their roasted pecan latte recipe works so well, the roasted pecan really is just getting depth from the cappuccino cream.
Good to hear that all those work fine standalone! I'm thinking that a 100ml bottle of each of my favourites could then be mixed at will to change things a bit now and then!

Glad it's not just me thinking there was a touch of roasted espresso beans in there! At that level, it's a coffee I like:)

By the way for mixing any of these stand alone, if you like strong flavor, shoot for 6-9% :)
Great, thanks! I do like full flavours, so will do just that. :thumb:

Did you order the Peach Pie one? I'd love an authentic barely ripe peach flavour, but am yet to find something that doesn't have a somewhat 'off' taste.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Yes, quite upset the apple cart, and when you pay someone for a service at £76 per month, you don't expect that kind of thing after so long. Hopefully all will be well now.

Good to hear that all those work fine standalone! I'm thinking that a 100ml bottle of each of my favourites could then be mixed at will to change things a bit now and then!

Glad it's not just me thinking there was a touch of roasted espresso beans in there! At that level, it's a coffee I like:)

Great, thanks! I do like full flavours, so will do just that. :thumb:

Did you order the Peach Pie one? I'd love an authentic barely ripe peach flavour, but am yet to find something that doesn't have a somewhat 'off' taste.
Yep, I did! Anxious to try that one :)
I like FA peach alright but i hope this is much better.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I have a bottle of Kilo Black Honey Cream - pretty disappointed with the rather bland flavour of it.
Described as:"vanilla bean ice cream blended together with sweet honey and crunchy nuts" - based on your thoughts with Wonder Flavours, what would you try adding to this stuff to give it some true flavour ...Tahitian Vanilla? ....Roasted Pecan Cream?
I'd be trying a drop or so with a tankful to see how it was.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I have a bottle of Kilo Black Honey Cream - pretty disappointed with the rather bland flavour of it.
Described as:"vanilla bean ice cream blended together with sweet honey and crunchy nuts" - based on your thoughts with Wonder Flavours, what would you try adding to this stuff to give it some true flavour ...Tahitian Vanilla? ....Roasted Pecan Cream?
I'd be trying a drop or so with a tankful to see how it was.
Try the tahitian. May go well! Thicken it up and make it more creamy and vanilla-y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread