Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I just made 30ml Butterscotch Pecan ...I'm assuming they meant the Butttercream Pecan, as that's the image they used on the page! It smells lovely!
How long was it before you tried some?

I'm going to have to make some Butterscotch Ice Cream with Chocolate Shavings!
Does the strawberry have a natural taste/smell?

Yesterday, I made some of the Mint Chocolate ice cream cone that I've used for 2.5years: 100ml ready to use, and 148ml concentrate.
I gave it a week, it's probably good right away but I'm liking it better the older mine gets (around 2 weeks now)
I get to try the BScotch Ice Cream on Wednesday :thumb:
The strawberry smells fairly natural. Not necessarily the best strawberry I've smelled, but smells good!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I gave it a week, it's probably good right away but I'm liking it better the older mine gets (around 2 weeks now)
I get to try the BScotch Ice Cream on Wednesday :thumb:
I may get impatient and try it sooner, but I'll try to wait a week :unsure: ...be good to hear about the Butterscotch Ice Cream! :)
The strawberry smells fairly natural. Not necessarily the best strawberry I've smelled, but smells good!
I did hope it would be wonderful - suppose you'll tell better when you try the ones with strawberry in them!

I've been using some kilo White Chocolate Strawberry which has a very nice strawberry taste ...with something more like a heavy cream than white chocolate. I could smell the strawberry before I even opened the bottle!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
My favorites thus far are the Roasted Pecans and Cream (I'm in love with it--by itself and in recipes), the Tahitian Vanilla Cream, and the caramels. I'm also impressed that their chocolate doesn't taste like burnt dirt at the wattages I vape it at (.38 on a mech). My favorite recipes of theirs so far are the Buttercream Pecan and Roasted Pecan Latte. They're both ADVs, and have been vaped daily by the Sloth for a week or so. They're only getting better with age.

Today (time permitting) or tomorrow I will try the Vanilla Ice Cream w/Orange Caramel, which has steeped the full suggested 21 days now. Will post thoughts when I get to it :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
My favorites thus far are the Roasted Pecans and Cream (I'm in love with it--by itself and in recipes), the Tahitian Vanilla Cream, and the caramels. I'm also impressed that their chocolate doesn't taste like burnt dirt at the wattages I vape it at (.38 on a mech). My favorite recipes of theirs so far are the Buttercream Pecan and Roasted Pecan Latte. They're both ADVs, and have been vaped daily by the Sloth for a week or so. They're only getting better with age.
Even after just 1 day, the Buttercream Pecan smells creamier! Not sure about the Latte one ...it is a pronounced coffee taste? Much as I love fresh coffee, in an e liquid (so far), it tends to cloy for me and I get sick of it fast.

Today (time permitting) or tomorrow I will try the Vanilla Ice Cream w/Orange Caramel, which has steeped the full suggested 21 days now. Will post thoughts when I get to it :)
:pop:....patiently ;)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Even after just 1 day, the Buttercream Pecan smells creamier! Not sure about the Latte one ...it is a pronounced coffee taste? Much as I love fresh coffee, in an e liquid (so far), it tends to cloy for me and I get sick of it fast.

:pop:....patiently ;)
The latte isn't a super pronounced coffee taste. It's there, but not the main note (to me, anyway).

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
These are just my initial thoughts as I have been vaping it for only a few moments...

Vanilla Ice Cream with Orange Caramel Recipe
Flavour Concentrate Percent
Caramel Butter (WF) 2.75%
Orange Juice (WF) 0.50%
Tahitian Vanilla Cream (WF) 7.50%
Suggested Steep Time: 21 days

To sum it up: o_O

Weird man. Just weird. o_O

Doubting I'll be a big fan of this, but time will tell...I'm a bit stuffy, and it's definitely one I need time with.

It certainly doesn't make me go "argh & barf!"

Nor does it make me say "this is good" -

It makes me say, o_O

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
These are just my initial thoughts as I have been vaping it for only a few moments...

Vanilla Ice Cream with Orange Caramel Recipe
Flavour Concentrate Percent
Caramel Butter (WF) 2.75%
Orange Juice (WF) 0.50%
Tahitian Vanilla Cream (WF) 7.50%
Suggested Steep Time: 21 days

To sum it up: o_O

Weird man. Just weird. o_O

Doubting I'll be a big fan of this, but time will tell...I'm a bit stuffy, and it's definitely one I need time with.

It certainly doesn't make me go "argh & barf!"

Nor does it make me say "this is good" -

It makes me say, o_O
...For now, I'm thinking 'perhaps leave out the orange' :unsure: :laugh:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Thanks - I may try it soon then! a hint of coffee is fine for me.
It's tough for me to pinpoint a main note as it's really balanced, but, it's just "dark" - the roasted pecans, chocolate and coffee really blend together to form a "dark" vape. It's fairly chocolate-y, and nutty. Caramelly, too.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
...For now, I'm thinking 'perhaps leave out the orange' :unsure: :laugh:
Yeah. It's weird. Growing on me as I vape it, but weird. The orange isn't what I was expecting. It's almost like a "tang," or even "dusty" orange, rather than like the fruit. Does dusty make sense? Like a powdered orange tang-kinda flavor?

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
It's tough for me to pinpoint a main note as it's really balanced, but, it's just "dark" - the roasted pecans, chocolate and coffee really blend together to form a "dark" vape. It's fairly chocolate-y, and nutty. Caramelly, too.
Actually, that sounds like something I would like ...I'll definitely try it! :)
I liked Stash Dark Star, and add a touch of coffee, and I'd think it wouldn't be too far away from that.

Yeah. It's weird. Growing on me as I vape it, but weird. The orange isn't what I was expecting. It's almost like a "tang," or even "dusty" orange, rather than like the fruit. Does dusty make sense? Like a powdered orange tang-kinda flavor?
Yes, I think it does make sense - Ever Had Black Magic chocolates ...the orange cream one? They're dark chocolate with assorted centres, and the orange one is a very soft fondant type filling. To me, fondants have a powdered/dusty type of texture ...or even orange flavoured icing.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Actually, that sounds like something I would like ...I'll definitely try it! :)
I liked Stash Dark Star, and add a touch of coffee, and I'd think it wouldn't be too far away from that.

Yes, I think it does make sense - Ever Had Black Magic chocolates ...the orange cream one? They're dark chocolate with assorted centres, and the orange one is a very soft fondant type filling. To me, fondants have a powdered/dusty type of texture ...or even orange flavoured icing.
All I can say about the latte is, I love it :)

Haven't had those, no - but now, I really want to!! :drool:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
All I can say about the latte is, I love it :)
Definitely worth trying it! :)

Haven't had those, no - but now, I really want to!! :drool:
Black Magic used to be my favourites. Originally Rowntree, now owned by Nestle.They have Raspberry Cream and Coffee Cream in them too.
Amazon US has them, but they're more costly than here.
Remember me asking about making a chocolate wafer for ice cream sandwiches? ...the supplier here (Chefs flavours) suggested TFA Bittersweet Chocolate Extra, and as I thought, Acetyl Pyrazine 5 for the wafer flavour. It's worth a try, and I'll use the Flavour Barn Vanilla Ice Cream, and perhaps some condensed milk or Dulce de Leche :unsure: ...will try it though!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Definitely worth trying it! :)

Black Magic used to be my favourites. Originally Rowntree, now owned by Nestle.They have Raspberry Cream and Coffee Cream in them too.
Amazon US has them, but they're more costly than here.
Remember me asking about making a chocolate wafer for ice cream sandwiches? ...the supplier here (Chefs flavours) suggested TFA Bittersweet Chocolate Extra, and as I thought, Acetyl Pyrazine 5 for the wafer flavour. It's worth a try, and I'll use the Flavour Barn Vanilla Ice Cream, and perhaps some condensed milk or Dulce de Leche :unsure: ...will try it though!
Let me knoe how it goes! Sounds delicious :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Ok this Vanilla w/Orange Caramel has truly grown on me. It won't be a regular in my rotation, but I'll mix it up sometimes. It's actually really good albeit weird. The orange is just enough of a distinct weirdness in the flavor mishmash to make this one stand out. I think next time, I'd add .5-1% sweetener to this one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread