Maximum Safe Amperage/Voltage/Wattage for a coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
dryburns are a result of bad wicking or not opening the juice control. U can get dryburns even at 1 watt if u dont put juice at all :)
You're forgetting that some factory coils or even some tanks with channels aren't made is a way that can keep up. And if you hit a coil very hard, you can still cause a dry hit regardless of wicking.

Vap3dz

Mar 15, 2017
Zürich, Switzerland
That's interesting, I have over a dozen mods, and the max wattage is according to it being a single or dual battery, and not about the ohm reading of the coil.

Unless I've never tried to "cap" a build... but I've played plenty of times and can go from 1W to the max of the mod (be it 60, 75, 100, 120, 160W) regardless of tank (or RDA). My builds are everything from 0.15 to over 1ohm and never seen a difference is terms or the mod caring what was in it.

Maybe it's a DNA chip thing? (still no DNA for me yet, awaiting delivery of such a mod for months as it appears to have been shipped on the Titanic express)

I dont know if the wismec RX 2/3 mounts a DNA chip or a Proprietary chipset. All i know is i cant get above the value of that formula... XD

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Even though it has nothing to do with the OP's questions or thread.
Reuleaux RX2/3 do not use dna chips.
The watt output limiting is the byproduct of the RX2/3 / joytech chip output voltage limitations.
It has nothing to do with the input side or anything to do with any other power device that is not using that specific chip.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
How can the maximum safe amps for a given coil be determined?
When I started vaping 3 years ago, I bought the Kanger Aerotank, and have stayed with that. The 2.0 ohm coils that came with it were rated for max EMF of 5.5 Volts (and hence, a max current of 2.75 amps [5.5/2] [ca. 15 Watts] ). Since I was using batteries whose max output was 4.5 V, the issue of max voltage was pretty much moot.
I have never seen any other coils' max voltage/amperage ratings. Where can such data be obtained? I ask because I am about to move up to a Reuleaux 200S, from eGo Twist batteries, and I need to know what the max safe power rating may be for a particular coil, since the new unit can very quickly and easily burn out the coils for the Aerotank if I run it too high.
Anyone know where to find such data?
Thanks in advance for any enlightenment you may be able to offer.
Welcome and glad you joined. I believe your question has been answered.
Might like to read:
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping - The Perks and the Problems
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread