El Thunder by Viva La Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amb1valentchaos

Apr 29, 2017
I'm really extremely interested in the aforementioned mod it has an interesting but not over the top shape. Also the switch mechanism is different and interesting very russian utilitarianism. Any thoughts also if anyone knows if these are in stock anywhere and if so do they ship to the U.S.

Attachments

• 20170429_135133.png
    20170429_135133.png
    829.1 KB · Views: 80

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Yeah i thought the same thing when i saw the switch on the legendary sub zero with its weird ... clutch thing and that has become recognized as a very proven reliable and effective system. Any progress or innovation that can be made to a device that in all essence is a tube with a switch that was cloned after a flashlight is amazing

I hear ya (though I hesitate to call complicating a horn switch as innovation).
Form must follow function.
I think alot of these modders think redesigning a feature is an improvement when in fact, the more simple the execution, usually is better.

I like the mod. That switch with the dellrin sitting on top of the spring just doesn't scream quality or longevity.

I have a few mods with similar switches
(The Givo, the silverdog hybrid, etc..) they work okay but dont feel like they will outlast the spring.

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
I like the mod. That switch with the dellrin sitting on top of the spring just doesn't scream quality or longevity.

I have a few mods with similar switches
(The Givo, the silverdog hybrid, etc..) they work okay but dont feel like they will outlast the spring.

The Givos spring is hilariously cheap. Out of all my mods its by far the cheapest spring on any of the buttons I own. Like one of those springs you would find in a free flashlight that companies give out with their logo on them. Which is funny as its the most over the top in my collection as far as aesthetics go.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
The Givos spring is hilariously cheap. Out of all my mods its by far the cheapest spring on any of the buttons I own. Like one of those springs you would find in a free flashlight that companies give out with their logo on them. Which is funny as its the most over the top in my collection as far as aesthetics go.

Pretty much every mod with that switch design feels wonky and cheap.

Also, the batteries tends to bounce on the spring if you shake the mods.

IMHO, Its not the best design.

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
Since I paid 50 bucks for an authentic I am not to salty about it, but if I had paid full retail price (more than a SOI or Kennedy set up) I would feel pretty bummed. Seeing as I have to take it apart every other vape break just so I can refasten the switch to avoid auto fire. Sometimes I wonder if some of these designers even test their own product or if some think "Oh yeah, they won't mind having to make adjustments almost every time they use it, because......engraving!"

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle

Since I paid 50 bucks for an authentic I am not to salty about it, but if I had paid full retail price (more than a SOI or Kennedy set up) I would feel pretty bummed. Seeing as I have to take it apart every other vape break just so I can refasten the switch to avoid auto fire. Sometimes I wonder if some of these designers even test their own product or if some think "Oh yeah, they won't mind having to make adjustments almost every time they use it, because......engraving!"
Shame for I do like the switch design, do you think replacing the spring would be worth it?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kprthevapr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread