Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Yeah, I still call him Bruce too ;)
Yeah, that whole deal may be harder to accept for those of us who sat at the kitchen table on Saturday morning staring at that cereal box (purchased in a cereal isle free of cloud chasers) thinking 'some day'....

Fun fact....nobody named Caitlin has ever graced a box of Wheaties!

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Yeah, that whole deal may be harder to accept for those of us who sat at the kitchen table on Saturday morning staring at that cereal box (purchased in a cereal isle free of cloud chasers) thinking 'some day'....

Fun fact....nobody named Caitlin has ever graced a box of Wheaties!

Ima call him Bruce.
His Momma called him Bruce ..
hqdefault.jpg

(If you didn't get that joke go, go watch Coming to America right now)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Love my solid brass Phantus Mini! Will the Coppervape work with a tank? Non squonk mode.

Also have a Noisy Cricket original I bought on sale when the 2 came out. Like the shape and feel of it, would be even better in brass. Not using it yet, have not had time to build a coil that will survive the higher voltage...

Speaking of The Phantus, Local vape has them (genuine) for 19.99 and if you use the "LV25OFF"
coupon, its a great deal. I have the SS and it a great performer.

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Much higher quality than a cricket..lol
It comes in aluminum as well.

Of course it will work with a tank, its a mech with a hole through the centerpin, but that's kinda ridiculous.

Cricket problems?
Heres a cricket killer

View attachment 653127

Series mech just like the NC but built much better.

Well, tootle puffing on a mech is already ridiculous, so I'm sort of used to it;)

Main problem with the Cricket is that it is series. Tiny wire I normally use can not handle it. Have some larger gauge kanthol just need to dig it out...

Pause it around the 46 second mark and tell me who he looks like. Predates him by a decade.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Well, tootle puffing on a mech is already ridiculous, so I'm sort of used to it;)

Main problem with the Cricket is that it is series. Tiny wire I normally use can not handle it. Have some larger gauge kanthol just need to dig it out...

Pause it around the 46 second mark and tell me who he looks like. Predates him by a decade.

Its a Maaaar-I-OOOO !!!!! maybe its Mario's Dad :)

Reactions: OldBatty

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

You should just squonk with it.
Lots of tootle bf attys around.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I'm nearly 100% mechanical. My daily rotation consists of a couple of Reos, a couple of Coppervape squonkers, and four tube mech clones. I'm especially fond of my Able clones.

The only "regulated" mod I have is a Hexohm V2 that I recently bought locally - couldn't resist the $99 sale price and I use it when I want to really crank up the wattage and get some serious clouds.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
When I first started vaping about 6 years ago, I basically started with an eGo/clearo like just about everyone else at the time, and was instantly, and equally, disappointed and excited by the potential - not to knock it too much, I got past the first three weeks successfully with it.

I got lucky with the shop I went to and got exposed to mechs on day one, along with a thorough explanation of what they (and rebuildables) were. I went home and studied up for a few weeks before getting my first mech (some cheap Kamry tube) and never looked back.

...Until this summer when I decided to retire my parallel box and see how far electronics have come.

Temperature control is a joke and offers no value to me, so we'll get that out of the way.

In a short amount of time, I used a Minikin V2 (almost immediately retired), a Reuleaux mini (soon to be retired/emergency use), and a Therion 75 BF (best vape of the three, serious, unforgivable flaws). They all vaped just fine. Really just fine. Performed however the heck I wanted them to. Just... lesser.

My L'Octopus arrived tonight and my first pull on it was like heaven. Not because of the mod, but because it's a mech. This post has already gone on long enough, but suffice it to say that the natural, delicate interplay of your element and battery, when you really dial it in (and believe me, I've spent hundreds of hours discovering just how nuanced achieving a "perfect build" can be), cannot be achieved to the same level of precision on a regulated device.

In my opinion, for my tastes, of course. And no question my experience with mechs only highlights my inexperience with regulated devices. But still, three months on regulated and I felt almost withdrawal for an unregulated vape. That first draw and since on my new mod feels like a homecoming.

Mechs forever.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
When I first started vaping about 6 years ago, I basically started with an eGo/clearo like just about everyone else at the time, and was instantly, and equally, disappointed and excited by the potential - not to knock it too much, I got past the first three weeks successfully with it.

I got lucky with the shop I went to and got exposed to mechs on day one, along with a thorough explanation of what they (and rebuildables) were. I went home and studied up for a few weeks before getting my first mech (some cheap Kamry tube) and never looked back.

...Until this summer when I decided to retire my parallel box and see how far electronics have come.

Temperature control is a joke and offers no value to me, so we'll get that out of the way.

In a short amount of time, I used a Minikin V2 (almost immediately retired), a Reuleaux mini (soon to be retired/emergency use), and a Therion 75 BF (best vape of the three, serious, unforgivable flaws). They all vaped just fine. Really just fine. Performed however the heck I wanted them to. Just... lesser.

My L'Octopus arrived tonight and my first pull on it was like heaven. Not because of the mod, but because it's a mech. This post has already gone on long enough, but suffice it to say that the natural, delicate interplay of your element and battery, when you really dial it in (and believe me, I've spent hundreds of hours discovering just how nuanced achieving a "perfect build" can be), cannot be achieved to the same level of precision on a regulated device.

In my opinion, for my tastes, of course. And no question my experience with mechs only highlights my inexperience with regulated devices. But still, three months on regulated and I felt almost withdrawal for an unregulated vape. That first draw and since on my new mod feels like a homecoming.

Mechs forever.

This sounds familiar. I occasionally try regs only to regret it a couple of days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread