Is it safe to use mechanical mods - to subohm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
so wow... i wish i could have done what you did. i actually started vaping bc i was unemployed and couldn't afford smoking anymore. ive done pretty well for myself in re: to vaping.. but it would be fun to have a lot of money and be able to just cater to my whims. im not judging you in any sense.... heck id love to find a way to be employed or contracted to/with ya.. but that is just another pipe dream (better than a pipe bomb btw :p)

if you haven't casaa is a great organization that helps vapers rights. check them out and see if they tug at your purse strings...
If Higgins doesn't straighten up I might have an opening soon. The guest house is fairly modest, it's only 3 stories and 7,200sq. Ft. But still, everything supplied and a 90k salary on top of that so I think it's a fair deal considering all I ask is that you keep my house clean, vacuum out my cars (fudge stripe cookie crumbs are a pet peeve of mine), and generally just keep things in order. Aside from that, as long as you can fire a cannon once a day, know how to fly a helicopter, and don't mind killing bad guys once in a while, it's pretty much a home run...

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
so wow... i wish i could have done what you did. i actually started vaping bc i was unemployed and couldn't afford smoking anymore. ive done pretty well for myself in re: to vaping.. but it would be fun to have a lot of money and be able to just cater to my whims. im not judging you in any sense.... heck id love to find a way to be employed or contracted to/with ya.. but that is just another pipe dream (better than a pipe bomb btw :p)

if you haven't casaa is a great organization that helps vapers rights. check them out and see if they tug at your purse strings...
On a serious note... why settle for this? I know it's way off topic, but since there seems to be a mix of jealousy, envy and at the very least a lot of wishing in here, now's as good a time as any.

I've always been a form believe that you can do anything you set your mind to. Add long as you believe you can do it you can.

I know Tyger. Well I don't know him personally, but I know of him. He's fairly will known in that area. He might come across as being a little arrogant at times (sorry Tyger) but what's wrong with being proud of what you've done for yourself? I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning this, but probably not more than 10 years ago he wasn't much better off than you probably are now. He earned what he has. He built everything he has from the ground up. He wasn't handed it, didn't fall into it, he made it happen. And honestly with the right attitude I don't think there is anyone that can't do the same. You just have to believe in yourself.

Wow, how did this thread turn into a public service announcement?

Kevin littell

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Covington Ga
So Tygrelovesdeb,

I've been playing with a Nemesis clone for the last 2 months.....And have made it 60 days without any magic smoke releases, emergency dental work or skin grafts.

What I love agbout it is it's simplicity, ease of battery changes, Kick ring (I like regulated stuff I just get tired of bad switches and glitchy software) and parts availability. the solid center pin config is bullet proof and a magnet kit made this a slick little all day device.

If I can keep all of the magic smoke where it belongs, all of my teeth in my mouth and all my skin on my hands I'm looking for an authentic. I prefer copper mods for esthetics....I vape in the 14.35-12.6 watt range so where not looking for anything overly power hungry....And a its gonna be a gift to myself so a few fins wont hurt me.

Which one would you recommend?

( keep in mind this will be a heavily used device so we are talking function over form....I was looking to a Atmomixani authentic Copper Nemi but they are not to be found.)

Last edited:

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Just read through this, and it's wonderful that you have people helping you as you're starting out; real help from real people is generally better than youtube, though youtube is useful, too :)

My only concern, and I'm no expert: You're going very low--.16-.18? You also said that you don't measure your coils, and go by taste. Going that low in the very beginning is probably not a good idea, and it's quite likely that your feel for the coils has not yet developed to the extent where doing this is safe. tbh, I'm not sure if doing this is ever safe. If you are determined to go so low, pretty please procure an ohms meter that will measure those coils for you. Laws of physics can be annoying.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
.16 dam i thought .7 was pushing my vtc3 Sony. I find all that hard to believe.. 400 plus devices and all authentic why dont you find another hobby besides vaping. I dont believe buying much mods and drippers is a very good investment..

No hobby is "really" a good investment. Even if you collect coils or raw gold bars, the wroth goes up and down. And spending money on your hobby is one of the most fulfilling things a man can do. That an insuring you have a nice mancave or batcave to keep your hobby in and play with (the hobby that is, lol).

:: sent from android with tapatalk ::

ZUKERglass

Aug 25, 2014
East Coast of US
OP I know our situations are a bit different but I wanted to throw the option out there. There's a reddit @ http://www.reddit.com/r/vapeitforward I normally find someone on here when I have a mod I that I don't like or don't use and give it away. I'd vet them though because I'm sure there's people that like to lie for free stuff. But it's understandable if don't want to do that if your shooting for having most mods ever, which in a showcase would look awesome. Personally done this four times and it feels good to help out when and where you can.

As far as what your original question was. Personally my cut off is at .2 anything below that feels wreck less, with little to no flavor or vapor change. I really like my Vulcan with 20g @.22, things a beast. Anyway hope you've found your answers.

Ps get a showcase! There's nothing like having your own display case especially for a man cave

Tempus fugit "ignorance is bliss Rick, when tis folly to be wise"

Last edited:
So Tygrelovesdeb,

I've been playing with a Nemesis clone for the last 2 months.....And have made it 60 days without any magic smoke releases, emergency dental work or skin grafts.

What I love agbout it is it's simplicity, ease of battery changes, Kick ring (I like regulated stuff I just get tired of bad switches and glitchy software) and parts availability. the solid center pin config is bullet proof and a magnet kit made this a slick little all day device.

If I can keep all of the magic smoke where it belongs, all of my teeth in my mouth and all my skin on my hands I'm looking for an authentic. I prefer copper mods for esthetics....I vape in the 14.35-12.6 watt range so where not looking for anything overly power hungry....And a its gonna be a gift to myself so a few fins wont hurt me.

Which one would you recommend?

( keep in mind this will be a heavily used device so we are talking function over form....I was looking to a Atmomixani authentic Copper Nemi but they are not to be found.)

I just happened to run across a mod the other day that sells for just under $50.00 and bought it just because of the story of how it came about. In comparison to many of my $200.00 and up mods, this thing is a beast. Very well made and is definitely solid copper all the way through. The main tube has a cool looking carbon fiber sleave around it that keeps it cool in your hands. I put an authentic Vulcan on it at first and switch off to a Sillaire occasionally. Its got a very smooth and well made firing switch and the threads will rival some of the finest Philippine mods. There is no doubt that there are some mod makers highly ...... off over this ones release. If you don't have one, make sure you add it to your collection. This is probably hands down the best value for the buck on the market today. It will definitely get with the program and everybody who sees it always asks what it is. Please everyone don't laugh to hard, here is the FU mod by a former disgruntled Amervape employee:

fu mod.jpg

Last edited:
hey guys which is better hcigar or inifinte i want one of those sweet corvette stingray mods they make

For the record, Hcigar and Infinite are marketing companies. They do not manufacture anything. They both siphon off other peoples designs and use the same contract manufacturer in Shenzen China to knock off their clones. Check out Fastech for the best price on your Stingray.

For verification or proof on that subject, contact Alibaba at Chinese Wholesale Suppliers, Chinese Wholesale Suppliers Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com These guys can put you in contact with any company you want that does business in China. Also check out the wholesale prices on your favorite clones. You will be shocked at just how cheap the people who are selling them obtain them for.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Both of my box mods were gifts, the black Hexohm is a modified version made in Austin and it was a gift from a friend of mine who owns a vape store. The Conspiracy Mods was a gift from my son. From what I understand it is also built in Texas.
I believe the Conspiracy Mod is made in Alabama. I am in the FB group of the owner because I ended up chatting him about them. They are on my radar but my income is not so disposable so I have to build myself up to my purchases even a fairly priced one such as this.

I love this guy. He is just like the rest of us, except he has the money and resources to obtain some of the finest authentic mechanical mods and Drippers ever produced. He pretty much did exactly what we all wished we could've done when we got into this hobby... Buy every friggin mech and Dripper that we see. So what if he had someone else wrap his coils and build his decks. I would too if I had his money. Why can't people just believe that he has as much equipment as he states? He's not trying to give advice or make a statement. He's asking a simple question. The replies that I see here are just rude and through it all, Tygerlovesdeb let it roll right off his back and has been very polite in his responses about it. Why should he show pics of every single mod and Dripper he owns? Just the pics he's posted is impressive. If you're not gonna answer his question about the safety on sub-ohms and mech mods, at least congratulate him on his collection and move on to the next thread.

This is my take as well. I say kudos to anyone that can afford such an impressive collection. I always enjoy browsing the eye candy.

etherealink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
Junction, IL
Here's the problem.

First you try to make a honest point and and cap it off by saying you have spent half of the yearly salary of most of us in just 4 months.

You then casually point out that clones are garbage and the only batteries worth anything are Sony and the rest are garbage... yet you vape in the pulse range for all Sony's and attempt to talk safety.

Pics or not... Troll

etherealink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
Junction, IL
About the only thing I would add is that I actually ohm out my toppers at the start of every day,ohm them again if they are dropped or jarred and I keep a log of charge volts on all my batteries...AND I retire ANYTHING that isn't 100% reliable.

Too many times the failed mechanical device has warned its owner multiple times before failing catastrophically...

(No smart ...-ery here.... I thought it was a good post)
Not being stupid... do you number batteries?

Its the only way I keep mine straight.

etherealink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
Junction, IL
I am not sure I understand the paper clips remark. I use Temco Kanthal with organic or Japanese cotton when I can get it.
Yep, I'm gonna say it, Admins be damned ( sorry lox!).

You have 200 authentic mods and 250+ authentic drippers and you have to "find" organic or Japanese cotton (many differences by the way). Whilst I have many friends who showered me with not only Organic Japanese KGD but other various strains as well as rayon that would fill a shoebox at the mere mention of wanting to try it simply for taking the time to step off my high horse and speak plainly and not down my nose to them. This, my good man, is the manner of people helping one another... not the manner of hording.

I will say that I envy your collection, and most pointedly the Skeleton Key (the only thing I would never dream of cloning) but you are currently enjoying excess while the whelps, who work for a living, enjoy wholeheartedly the clones to prove the worth of outlandishly priced mods before they commit a paycheck or more to them.

My compliments on your fortune, and best of luck in the future.

Just a thought, to determine a mans wealth, look at his funeral procession... not his bank leger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread