I'm thinking about squonk mods and need a little help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Is the hcigar vt Inbox 510 adjustable or spring loaded?...or is it like the Kanger 510?
IT'S A FIXED 510 like this kanger sqounkers..... It's the only cheap part of the mod..... Hopefully these new ones will be spring loaded! If they do that it will be the perfect mod Imo! I know this because I took it apart to have a look...no spring whatsoever. No adjustment at all.....ig your atty pushes it down too far it's not coming back up unless you pull it using a needle or tweezers.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SteelDriver

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Neither IT'S A FIXED 510 like this kanger sqounkers..... It's the only cheap part of the mod..... Hopefully these new ones will be spring loaded! If they do that it will be the perfect mod Imo!

Mine is spring

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
No I've had mine since they came out

Where did you get yours? How do you know it's spring loaded? I took mine apart no spring it reminds me of the 510's of 2010 the cheapest ones available. Mines from gearbest so?

SteelDriver

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Where did you get yours? How do you know it's spring loaded? I took mine apart no spring it reminds me of the 510's of 2010 the cheapest ones available. Mines from gearbest so?

Well now that I accually push on maybe it is. Idk it works great all I know lol

All my attys sit nice and flush

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Well now that I accually push on maybe it is. Idk it works great all I know lol

All my attys sit nice and flush
Just an FYI if your atties are working fine don't push down on the 510 it won't come back up..... I've been looking at YT vids and it's only Mentioned in one out of 20 (mentioning that fixed 510) .... So yeah the atty that comes with it works perfectly but if you throw a velocity on it it'll push it too far down and you have to wiggle it back up to Make contact again interchanging atties ..... The only Damn thing wrong with this beauty.... I hate fixed 510.... I took it down to pieces to find out for sure, you had me thinking a bought a clone..... Anyway good luck!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I have 4 of the Dripbox 160's and have been my daily driver for about a year. I don't do TC, but I love them in power mode . I have a large variety of squonkers, all mechanical, except my LBC, which is a Lipo powered DNA 200 squonker. I use two of my Kangers at work daily and at home with the others. I only have to change batteries once a day. Never a glitch with them. My first one is looking a bit rough. It's a year old at least and the cheap black paint is worn off in quite a few places. Looked at, but never bought a Wraith. Or a Pico. I'm content with what I have. But I'm not using the garbage rdas that come with them. Running mostly Stumpys and Makers.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
I just snapped... How do you get the Maker to BF?

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Is that a legit one or a clone?
In addition to what ever regulated squonk I get I was thinking about getting a Boxer clone. A review I saw said the clones aren't too good sometimes but are decent with a Fat Daddy 510, a different squonk bottle and new contacts. Basically just buy it for the box and replace everything.
I think I've seen them for like $12-13 dollars on some site and I just looked up the price of the Fat Daddy. Looks like about $5. I'm pretty good at soldering and have a decent understanding of electricity/electronics. I feel like I could put a mech mod together. I'm actually more concerned about getting into building coils than the idea of putting a mod together.
I wish I had that problem lol! I'm sure you will find it not too difficult.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I bought a bottom feeder pin custom made by Catfish Atty Mods. The Makers have a rather unusual pin and a regular bf pin won't fit.

Ah! That explains it. Catfish to the rescue again. I do like the Maker with the top air flow.

Reactions: pwheeler

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Ah! That explains it. Catfish to the rescue again. I do like the Maker with the top air flow.
I have 2 of them. I fell in love with the first one a friend PIF'd to me. I contacted Catfish and he would sell me a pin. I then found a second on sale and ordered another pin. He does outstanding work and have a lot of his stuff.

Reactions: suprtrkr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread