I'm thinking about squonk mods and need a little help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I was thinking about using a mech squonker but most people are saying it's not a good way to start. Although before all these fancy adjustable mods I was using a mech mod. I was using a regular tank though not an RDA.
I also like the idea of the wattage being adjustable for fine tuning of different juice flavors. A visible battery meter is handy as well.
If you understand mechs' & know ohms law & battery safety then choose something inexpensive for now as I hear better options are coming soon for regulated devices.

There's loads of mech Squonker clones I've heard are pretty good. Not a big investment to see if you'll like squonking.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Ok, I was just doing some thinking on this for a minute. If I get a higher end squonk mod and for some strange reason I'm like "f@ck squonk" I can use it as a regular mod correct? I could just use the regular 510 and use the squonk atty as a dripper or attach a tank. And I can use the squonk bottle to hold extra juice.
The right squonk mod is potentially a completely modular vape that can be used in every style you can think of. That almost sounds too good to be true. There has to be a down side somewhere.
That is true.

Reactions: Letitia

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
What videos/comments made you change your mind? Most things I've seen really only complain about battery life and the slightly odd programming/adjusting.
I'm also worried about out growing it pretty fast. But it seems like the next tier of squonk mods are up around the $100+ range. I wouldn't mind dropping $100-200 on a good setup if I was positive I'd be sticking with it for a while. I don't want to spend a bunch of money to find out it's not a good vape style for me.
But if I go a less expensive route and want to upgrade soon, the $50-80 I spend on the "starter setup" will basically be wasted.
If I was just getting another mod and tank there wouldn't be an issue. This is a totally different style of vaping that I haven't tried.
On YouTube I also read users comments, it's been a while so I can't remember which vids. Just wanted you to consider as I was like you, didn't know if I'll get on with squonking & overall to me it wasn't worth buying the Wraith.

Reactions: Letitia

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
The Pulse 22 is a good choice, you will like it. It is my second favorite Squonker RDA. My first is the Gorge, to me it is a tad bit easier to build on. I use both daily.

The wraith is also a great starter and for $30 it is a steal. I paid $80 for it when it first came out and I do not regret it.

I moved on to the VT Inbox, much better on battery life and has a DNA75 Board in it so TC is rock solid.

When you are ready to try your hand at Mechs, the copper vape is a very great way to start. Solid nice preforming mech for $30. If you want some protection, check out the Pico Squeeze. It works just like a mech, but it has a board with some protections on it.

Reo is the best out there as far as mech squonkers go. Personally I never liked the look of them, so I have never picked one up. The P67 has caught my eye, but I do not like the door (wish there was a solid option) but if you like the looks of them, as anyone who has one will tell you you will not regret it.

I didnt like the form factor of the dual battery squonkers, but I have heard the Geekvape Gbox is the best of them, though they now are out of production and very hard to find.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
The P67 has caught my eye, but I do not like the door (wish there was a solid option) but if you like the looks of them, as anyone who has one will tell you you will not regret it.

Good news. The REO P67 uses the same door as the REO Grand. There are solid doors available from REO website.

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Ok, I was just doing some thinking on this for a minute. If I get a higher end squonk mod and for some strange reason I'm like "f@ck squonk" I can use it as a regular mod correct? I could just use the regular 510 and use the squonk atty as a dripper or attach a tank. And I can use the squonk bottle to hold extra juice.
The right squonk mod is potentially a completely modular vape that can be used in every style you can think of. That almost sounds too good to be true. There has to be a down side somewhere.

I could go for something like this. Have been building RTAs only for a short time now and have looked to get a RDA to try out. I see the advantage of a squonker over dripping if I like it and the ability to use RTAs on the same mod would be nice if I don't care for it.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
REO Grands can be had in perfect working order on the classifieds for $90-100.

I've owned at least 60 different mods and after 6 years, I own 6 REO Grands and a dozen rbas. <---auto correct tried to change this to bras. Good thing I caught that, huh?

ChikinNex

Aug 1, 2017
The Inbox is starting to look like a pretty good option.
How much longer does it last than the Wraith?
I've been watching the Vapor Trail channel on YouTube and reading some other Tony B stuff. He seems to be a major player in the squonk subculture of vaping. Especially now that he's helped develop 2 squonk RDAs. I'm almost inclined to call them RSA (rebuildable squonk atomizer) since they were designed specifically for squonkers and come with the squonk pin installed. Tony B seems pretty fond of the Inbox. I'm pretty much thinking of copying his setup. Inbox, pulse 22/24, Samsung 25r and some prebuilt coils.

ChikinNex

Aug 1, 2017
Boxer 30ml Super Soft Squonk Refill Bottle - Ginger Vaper

Holy vapors of the Gods! That thing is awesome. I don't know about that specific bottle, just the concept.
The ability to pour from a big glass/hard plastic bottle into a bottle that basically physically connects to the squonk bottle to fill it from outside the mod would save so many paper towels.
(that sounds like something a hippie would say. I just mean it is potentially less messy)
I just realized it could also be used as a dripper bottle.

This whole idea of squonkers is just getting better and better.

Last edited:

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
The Inbox is starting to look like a pretty good option.
How much longer does it last than the Wraith?
I've been watching the Vapor Trail channel on YouTube and reading some other Tony B stuff. He seems to be a major player in the squonk subculture of vaping. Especially now that he's helped develop 2 squonk RDAs. I'm almost inclined to call them RSA (rebuildable squonk atomizer) since they were designed specifically for squonkers and come with the squonk pin installed. Tony B seems pretty fond of the Inbox. I'm pretty much thinking of copying his setup. Inbox, pulse 22/24, Samsung 25r and some prebuilt coils.

SO does it hold up longer, I personally don't know as they are both still working and I have had no issues with them. With that said, the DNA Boards are some of the best out there. TC is solid and being able to connect to escribe is a plus. I I will say the paint on the Wraith is chipping and pealing, and the only scuff on the inbox is from where I dropped it (small ding in one of the corners).

I run my Pulse 22 on top of the Inbox. I typically carry 2 to 3 mods and the the pulse/inbox setup is always one. I never leave the house without it. In fact, due to the cap that comes with the Inbox bottles, I am more than willing to leave the house with just the inbox, extra battery and spare bottle pre-filled with juice. I have found that the extra bottle fits in one of the 2 battery plastic cases nicely next to an extra 18650.

36347481456_6bbcc50f44.jpg

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Is it possible to use a solid panel on both sides of the Inbox?

Yes, but on mine, the magnets are in a different place on the non-squonking door, so if you do, you may need to modify things a bit to get it to hold. The panels do fit on either side of the mod

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
I'm also curious about squonking. Just bought a Boxer Classic BF Squonker but it will arrive on monday, I will pair it with a Snapdragon v 1.5

This mod has great reviews in Youtube so I'm very excited about it. A mech squonker was not my first option but I couldn't find a regulated one that I liked.

I will post my opinion about it as soon as I try the mod.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I'm also curious about squonking. Just bought a Boxer Classic BF Squonker but it will arrive on monday, I will pair it with a Snapdragon v 1.5

This mod has great reviews in Youtube so I'm very excited about it. A mech squonker was not my first option but I couldn't find a regulated one that I liked.

I will post my opinion about it as soon as I try the mod.
I have the clone, it's OK. If you got the authentic it's a good mod.
Considering their 20700 version.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
I have the clone, it's OK. If you got the authentic it's a good mod.
Considering their 20700 version.

Thanks, it's the authentic 18650 version. There is a rumor that they will launch a regulated dna 75c squonker for 20700 cells. If they do, that will be my next vaping investment.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Thanks, it's the authentic 18650 version. There is a rumor that they will launch a regulated dna 75c squonker for 20700 cells. If they do, that will be my next vaping investment.

Not a rumor, from their FB Page Boxer

20449143_797620233750678_5905424786328681251_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread