Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
if you mean the russian 1.0, i also prefer it a bit more because of the air flow screw as opposed to the ring in the 2.0.
but the 2.0 has some improvements:a better insulator for the deck,316 SS vs 304 and a regular drip tip with no need for an adapter.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
if you mean the russian 1.0, i also prefer it a bit more because of the air flow screw as opposed to the ring in the 2.0.
but the 2.0 has some improvements:a better insulator for the deck,316 SS vs 304 and a regular drip tip with no need for an adapter.
Yes, that is what I mean but if you are looking for something drastically different from the KFL then yes I agree the V3 (the one with the AFC is V3) is much more of a departure.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I would recommend against the mini V3. Closing the air flow all the way i could still take a restricted lung hit.

There are several other reasons why i hated mine.

Leaked like a sieve.

I hated the wall around the build deck made arranging tge tails over tge juice wells a pain in the .....

Could not use 26 gauge wire. Heads too small

i already have 3 kfl+ and intending on selling one or two of them,and looking for a replacement.
i'm thinking about the mini v3,but according to reviews i won't be able to get as tight of a draw without issues,
so the russian seems as a good and relatively cheap alternative.
since i've posted my question ,i've done more research and am more inclined towards the 2.0 since it has a different design and will be a bit of a refreshing experience and i'm less interested in getting an exact replica.
i just want to be sure i'm not missing something.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Do you have version 1 or two of the rba.

They are different. I prefer V2.

Hello guys! Hope you're all having a great day! I'm wondering if you can help me determine what size of screws the STM RBA uses? I need more!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
which Russian would you recommend me taking for a kfl+v2 replacement?

'the russian': i think it comes with an airflow screw which i like and a side fill,overall i like it
'russian 2.0':this one if i'm not mistaking has an airflow ring which i prefer less and a side fill too.

i have no idea about the difference between those two:
the russian 91%
the russian 91% v2

i also read that one of the Russian has issues with 510 pin not securing the deck or shorting or false reading,and some shops even mention they sell the one with the updated pin..

I'm not interested in their newer sub ohm dual coil tanks.

There was the original R91% then they came out with a new model and call it the V2 I think. It had a spring loaded center pin that was crap. I believe they stopped making it w/ the spring and went back to the solid screw pin.

Then came the Version 2. It was bigger had a ring to adjust air flow and a fill port on the side instead of a screw on the bottom.

The version 2 was nice ... but 'big'. I had (probably still have somewhere) 4 or 5 of the V1 / V2's (which I replaced the spring setup w/ V1 posts) and only 1 Version 2. I liked the easy filling of the Version 2 ... but preferred the size of the original models. That's why I only got 1 of the Version 2's.

I had minor leaking issues down the 510 pin from the deck no matter how tight I made it. I put up w/ it but it was annoying. Other folks said just making the 510 pin and the block on the deck real tight solved their leaking, didn't work for me.

At the time I was using R91's my wife was using KFL-Lites. Never had leaking issues with them.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
I would recommend against the mini V3. Closing the air flow all the way i could still take a restricted lung hit.

There are several other reasons why i hated mine.

Leaked like a sieve.

I hated the wall around the build deck made arranging tge tails over tge juice wells a pain in the .....

Could not use 26 gauge wire. Heads too small
One of mine was like that. The center pin wasn't tapped out deep enough. My other one gets raspy with the airflow cut back. So far, my solution has been to stick toothpicks in 3 of the airflow holes and break them off. The airflow is darn near perfect now, and quiet.
I had to change the deck screws to use 26g wire. I haven't been able to make mine leak yet but if they did it would be a deal killer for sure.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
It wss certainly a deal breaker for me.

I literally had to turn off the juice flow before bed or in the morning all the of the eJuice had ran oyt the air flow abd all over my mod.

One of mine was like that. The center pin wasn't tapped out deep enough. My other one gets raspy with the airflow cut back. So far, my solution has been to stick toothpicks in 3 of the airflow holes and break them off. The airflow is darn near perfect now, and quiet.
I had to change the deck screws to use 26g wire. I haven't been able to make mine leak yet but if they did it would be a deal killer for sure.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
Vape mail today. Doggystyle clone, 2 extra thanks for it, and my preferred Nautilus drip tip from 3F. Nice and clean. Threw a 7 wrap 26g 316L coil in there. Wicked with rayon. Started to gurgle once down to under a half tank so rewicked and left the tails longer.
No trouble holding TC, but lately I've been preferring the vape from my simple ego mega stick batteries. This worries me because my Jac arrives tomorrow, which is my most expensive device purchase so far. It would be shameful if I still preferred the 2 dollar mega. I'm hoping the DNA chip makes a difference.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
My vape mail, today, was the Innokin iRoar Oceanus kit. I am pretty sold - until sumpin' newer comes along - on the 20700 cells. 30 Amps ( ot that any tootler would ever need that) AND 3000 mAh? Can I hear ya say Amen? Hallelujah!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Vape mail today. Doggystyle clone, 2 extra thanks for it, and my preferred Nautilus drip tip from 3F. Nice and clean. Threw a 7 wrap 26g 316L coil in there. Wicked with rayon. Started to gurgle once down to under a half tank so rewicked and left the tails longer.
No trouble holding TC, but lately I've been preferring the vape from my simple ego mega stick batteries. This worries me because my Jac arrives tomorrow, which is my most expensive device purchase so far. It would be shameful if I still preferred the 2 dollar mega. I'm hoping the DNA chip makes a difference.

I'm a big fan of the Jac. I hope you like it. Jac + Doggy is a good combo.

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
My vape mail, today, was the Innokin iRoar Oceanus kit. I am pretty sold - until sumpin' newer comes along - on the 20700 cells. 30 Amps ( ot that any tootler would ever need that) AND 3000 mAh? Can I hear ya say Amen? Hallelujah!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Hallelujah brother, amen! Now can you find me a dual battery, FSK chip squonk mod using these marvels of battery technology?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
No trouble holding TC, but lately I've been preferring the vape from my simple ego mega stick batteries.

I'm not familiar with the eGo Mega batteries. Are you talking about the 1,100mAh ones? Or are there larger ones now?

The Evod Mega batteries last a long time, since they're 1900mAh. I still love the Evod Mega Kits myself, and so do many newbies that I've gotten started on vaping. :thumbs:

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
There was the original R91% then they came out with a new model and call it the V2 I think. It had a spring loaded center pin that was crap. I believe they stopped making it w/ the spring and went back to the solid screw pin.

Then came the Version 2. It was bigger had a ring to adjust air flow and a fill port on the side instead of a screw on the bottom.

The version 2 was nice ... but 'big'. I had (probably still have somewhere) 4 or 5 of the V1 / V2's (which I replaced the spring setup w/ V1 posts) and only 1 Version 2. I liked the easy filling of the Version 2 ... but preferred the size of the original models. That's why I only got 1 of the Version 2's.

I had minor leaking issues down the 510 pin from the deck no matter how tight I made it. I put up w/ it but it was annoying. Other folks said just making the 510 pin and the block on the deck real tight solved their leaking, didn't work for me.

At the time I was using R91's my wife was using KFL-Lites. Never had leaking issues with them.

i've just watched some of PBusardos review for the russian and the russian 2.0 and he measured the center pin hole size and it's around 3.0 mm as opposed to the around 1.5mm of the kfl/russian91%.
so i'm not sure anymore it would be suitable for a restricted MTL.

Users who are viewing this thread