Status
Not open for further replies.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
I had not heard of Yaeliq, so I went looking. I found the website(?) and immediately thought I recognized many (most?) of the images used for the various tobacco flavor offerings; they are also used by ecigexpress (ECX).
View attachment 686929
View attachment 686931

Now, I must offer several disclaimers:
I have never vaped any Yaeliq flavors.
I have never vaped any EcigExpress tobacco flavors, or concentrates.
So, I have NO clue as to whether there is any connection between the two; or... if this is a complete wild goose chase.
I also think(?) ECX re-bottles/re-brands other manufacturer's lines, to create their own "Express" house label. I have no idea what/who they use for their tobacco flavors (I do know they use TFA for their fruit-flavored line). Perhaps someone, who is familiar with their tobacco products, can shed more light on this.

It is possible:
The two vendors are completely unrelated (other than images).
Yaeliq buys, and resells, ECX product.
ECX buys, and resells, Yaeliq product.
Both Yaeliq AND ECX are buying a third party's concentrate(s) and using them to produce their own products (which may, or may not, be similar).
In other words, other than graphics, I have NO idea if there is ANY comparison to the two vendors products.:facepalm:

But, for what ever it is worth, EcigExpress offers both a ready-to-vape "Premium Tobacco" e-liquid, as well as a "Premium Tobacco" flavor concentrate for DIYers. Both ECX products have nearly identical descriptions; so I am guessing the e-liquid is made from the concentrate.

@Krish Roy, I don't know where you live, or if you have access to US vendors, but if you do, you might want to order a small sample to compare.

This post is FULL of conjecture, and half-baked suppositions, and I welcome all input that will correct any and all errors, as well as fill in all the cavernous gaps.:blush::D
Seems like more than coincidence to me....

Krish Roy

Sep 19, 2017
This post is FULL of conjecture, and half-baked suppositions, and I welcome all input that will correct any and all errors, as well as fill in all the cavernous gaps.:blush:

hah hah .. to have moved so far only on color and taste, wondeful enough.

I am not based out the US but do have the capability (sporadic) to get stuff out of US based vendors. Lets see.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
No, It's the cognac flavour I'm after not oak, on looking for used cognac barrels the smallest i could find are
25Lt, which are to large,so it has to be 1Lt new then proceed with process.

Just a thought - If you can't find smaller barrels, you might buy one of the 25LTand make your own chips from the interior of the wood slats, then use it as you would other chips. Then you wouldn't have to make a 6 gal batch of juice. ;) It should add the oak and the aged cognac. And you could always soak the chips in your favorite cognac to bring it more forward than the oak...or even put a small percentage of it directly in the juice, if you end up with more oak than cognac.

Reactions: SCOTT-3

Domejunky

Feb 28, 2017

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I am for some reason interested in Scott-3 problem with finding a used cognac oak barrel preferably I l in size. If it were my problem I think I would try soaking some wood in cognac for a week or month. Next you would have to place the wood into a large glass container together with the juice. Maybe there are some other things involved Scott would know about that.
Well my vaping bottles came in and I have a new vaporizer, bit busy, not sure what I'll be doing with the liquids.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Okay, after going thru every page of this thread, and keeping a scorecard of favorable mentions, I compiled a list for my inaugural DIY Juice order. A month ago, I got:

HS: Tab, Gold & Silver
INW: TA Garuda, Flue Cured, DNB
SC: Cohiba
FA: 7 Leaves, Desert Ship (meant to get Hangsen's)
Went max VG on all of them with VG based nic. Only PG in flavorings.

HS Tab (7%)
Pretty good - solid tobacco, a little nutty, all around a nice vape. Deep, smooth flavor, not overly sweet. Not much change in a month of steeping, shake 'n vape was great.

HS Gold & Silver (7%)
My favorite, initially. This was really a great cigalike taste. Not a deep, rich flavor, but has real high notes, the spiciness that real tobacco has, and is well rounded. The most satisfying hits I've had since smoking. Made me feel like I'd just smoked one of my Dad's unfiltered Lucky Strikes. Great throat hit and mouth feel.

INW TA Garuda, Cohiba, DNB
Really got this to try a Cohiba/Garuda/DNB recipe recommended by DannyV, in 2/2/2% mix. This didn't come out as flavorful as I'd have liked, was nice but kind of bland, when I'd expected a more robust cigar flavor. I've since boosted the Garuda, and lettin it steep. As a standalone, I really like the Garuda- has a really bright, fresh flavor, but is kind of one dimensional. Cohiba by itself just wasn't very interesting. Just an OK flavor. The DNB, they say is to add an "ashy" character. It's not really ashy, but I know what they mean - it's easier to type than "OMG- I'm actually exhaling smoke!" It really does add that effect. It adds a mouthfeel much like chocolate - not that it's sweet, or tastes like chocolate, but totally saturates the taste buds in the way that a fine chocolate does. Unfortunately, it has only the "bass" notes, and kind of mutes the bright flavors of some of the other tobaccos. But it's something that tobacco loving vapers need to try - just use it sparingly.

FA Desert Ship (2.5%)
Probably has the best aroma out of the bunch. Smells awesome, very savory. Unfortunately, I've found I just don't like sweet vapes at all. First hit is nice, but after a handful of hits, I've got to have something else. Tried fresh and steeped, and got the same result. It was better after steeping, as the sharp caramel flavor mellowed, and allowed more tobacco to come thru, but still too sweet for me. I might pour it in my wife's candles, though - still love the aroma!

FA 7 Leaves (3%)
Expected it to be a nice mix of various tobacco's, and saw many people loved it when reading this thread. But it reeked of anise/licorice when I opened it. I hate licorice. Found out that doesn't steep out. Fail. Completely.

INW Flue Cured (2%)
Like the TA Garuda, has mostly high notes. Very mild, smooth tobacco, with hay/straw flavor. Has a natural, light sweetness, without tasting sweetened, if that makes sense. Initially, I thought it was nice, but very one dimensional - kind of boring. But I kept coming back to it, and using it to top off tanks of the others when I got bored with them. Overall, this and G&S are my favorites - and they play very well together - I tank mix them often. Funny that I like the flue cured so much, because I went in thinking that I'd need bold, robust kind of flavors to satisfy me.

Hope this helps someone. And my next order will include a Virginia, Elder Captain, Gold Ducat. Unless anyone can tell me that these might be too sweet? Would love to have other recommendations of non-sweet tobaccos.
Great reviews, Brewdawg. Thanks for posting. :vapor:

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've been smoking the Turkish tobacco for days maybe weeks, reminds me of smoking my pipe, I'd buy a bag of tobacco that lasts a month or more then another bag of the same tobacco. Wondering about the vapors tongue and switching flavors, my flavor remains the same, a bit dulled in the morning then flavors seem stronger as the day goes on.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Nice to see every one still going strong with their DIY tobacco

So far Im still loving them. I think Ive slimmed down my favorites, Im so happy with this venture.

Thank you to everyone and keep up the good work with the suggestions and the reviews.

Okay Avid...let's hear those faves? That's probably the thing that helped me most in choosing what to buy on my first order for diy - those lists of favorites. I know I have to try Gold Ducat, Elder Captain & some sort of Virginia for my next order, but looking for other ideas. Especially from veterans that have done it a while - flavors that pass the "test of time." :)

Last edited:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
& some sort of Virginia for my next order

Hangsens Virginia is a good not too sweet Virginia, nice at 4-6%
INW Virginia TA is a great and again not too sweet with grassy/hay flavor. 1-2.5% blended into other tobacs.
FA Virginia is sweet. 5% standalone turns almost into a deep yellow syrup and overpowers. I had to cut it down to 1.5% and still yellows other tobacs but at 1.5% its much better blended into other tobacs.

SCOTT-3

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london u.k
3ltr_barrel.jpg About to give up looking behold found the perfect 1litre oak barrel, heat treated and toasted on the inside,, Perfect, Amazed at low cost £41

Reactions: JD1

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hangsens Virginia is a good not too sweet Virginia, nice at 4-6%
INW Virginia TA is a great and again not too sweet with grassy/hay flavor. 1-2.5% blended into other tobacs.
FA Virginia is sweet. 5% standalone turns almost into a deep yellow syrup and overpowers. I had to cut it down to 1.5% and still yellows other tobacs but at 1.5% its much better blended into other tobacs.

Great info. So is Hangen's VA true to form, and best option for shake & vape? I do a lot of tank mixing and tinkering...adding a drop or two of different flavorings on top of my steeped juice, so thinking it'd be my best option if it's not a big difference from INW. Although I'll say that my INW Flue Cured and Garuda were surprisingly good right away. Still keep coming back to that Flue Cured over and over, more than the other flavors.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I have not shake and vape any of my tobacs, they always sit at least 3 weeks before I put a drop on the back of hand to taste then get blended into other tobacs. I got so many some of this and a little of that I don't really keep track anymore. The only real documentation of my blends is on the tape label of the jars(60mls this, 20mls that, 20mls other), usually 50 or 100ml blends. I don't make the same thing over and over again. I make almost all my tobacs as standalones then blend after steeped then resteep so the tastes are always changing from jug to jug...I get bored with same flavor all the time. Start with 25ml 5% nicless test of a new tobac then decide from there how much it has to be cut down to 2.5, 1.25 and so on and/or worthy of adding nic. My base tobacs are HS Highway, Desert Ship and No5 at 4% then other tobacs are blended into one of those 3 varying from 1%-3% depending on how much I had to cut the test mix down to be palatable for my taste. It is a rather long tedious process but so far its been working for me and in time I have enough backstock that its no problem to steep juices for prolonged periods of time.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I too have not found a good Virginia, so far all too sweet, I have not tried the FA, but was thinking of giving it a try.

So far my favorites are :
INW Cuban Absolute
INW Tino di Milano Cuban cigar
INW Am4a

I have others but these are the ones that I just take a draw and I feel like im in tobacco heaven.

The HA Havana is great too, but I use that at 3% rather than my usual 2%
INW Perique
FA Burley these 2 are good but not as an all day.

There is one more HA that I do like, think its the one called "Cuban" its nice but a bit mellow, I prefer the HA Hansens Havana

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I have not shake and vape any of my tobacs, they always sit at least 3 weeks before I put a drop on the back of hand to taste then get blended into other tobacs. I got so many some of this and a little of that I don't really keep track anymore. The only real documentation of my blends is on the tape label of the jars(60mls this, 20mls that, 20mls other), usually 50 or 100ml blends. I don't make the same thing over and over again. I make almost all my tobacs as standalones then blend after steeped then resteep so the tastes are always changing from jug to jug...I get bored with same flavor all the time. Start with 25ml 5% nicless test of a new tobac then decide from there how much it has to be cut down to 2.5, 1.25 and so on and/or worthy of adding nic. My base tobacs are HS Highway, Desert Ship and No5 at 4% then other tobacs are blended into one of those 3 varying from 1%-3% depending on how much I had to cut the test mix down to be palatable for my taste. It is a rather long tedious process but so far its been working for me and in time I have enough backstock that its no problem to steep juices for prolonged periods of time.

Yeah, I have JADD myself (Juice ADD), and usually keep one tank with unflavored, another with a tobacco. I add to the tobacco as mood fits. I had premixed/steeped about half dozen standalones, and now I'll put in a mix of 1 or two types, and maybe add a few drops of a straight flavor or DNB to suit my mood. I'm too new to have done "over and over," but already made new batches of G&S & Flue.

Everyone seems to love Highway - I'd guess on this thread that DS & Highway are the #1 & 2 ranked according to mentions. Is the Highway sweet at all?

Reactions: Alter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread