Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
100mg/ml Nic added to 12mg/ml would not dilute the flavor enough to notice if you steep it a month or so. I dilute my 18mg/ml to 12mg/ml with PG and it is fine flavor wise, just a thought. Guess I need to put up some of my 18mg/ml NT juice in the classies, I have a bunch, some Very Well Steeped. :)

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
20% of our liquid cost, 3% of our sales... the math is pretty simple.

Sounds to me like your pricing policy is out of whack. If nic cost $1 a mg and you used the same amount of flavour in every juice (say $5)....

3mg = $8 ($3 + $5)
6mg = $11
9mg = $14 and so on.

You'd then make just the same amount of money whatever you sold.

No?

T

Josh V

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Omaha, NE
nicoticket.com
Quick question, are the stock levels on the website the last of the 18mg?

Specifically ACB 60ml bottles 203 and Wakonda 60ml bottles 166. Is that the last of it or is there more that can be added? I just want to make sure I can stock up on those before they go away.

Hey Grrrr,

The 18mg that is up on the site is the last of it, we won't be adding on any more. There are quite a few flavors that have over 200 bottles of 15, 30, and 60mL bottles in 18mg. There is still time to stock up if you need to. (Got Cookie, for example, has over 1000 18mg 30mL bottles left)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
That's one thing I never understood about the industry. Everyone is always telling me that it's the flavoring that I need to be concerned about and not the nic. So doesn't it make more sense to increase the nic in the juice and reduce the power? You end up vaping less (what could be harmful) juice that way. I posted this Q on the main board too.

That makes sense on paper - but - there is a direct correlation between taste and nicotine content. No matter the quality of nic used (ours is clear and tasteless when we mix it) - nicotine makes eLiquid takes like bleh.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
......because the less juice you consume the less you buy

True... there's a balance to be achieved that is as individual at the person who is vaping. If you cut your nicotine in half, but you vape twice as much, then what have you achieved? That doesn't turn out to be the case for most - I personally use a fraction of the nicotine I used to consume - if I am not in the lab testing, I'd be lucky to suck down a single tank of 3mg. /shrug There are lots of reasons people vape what they vape - I quit asking why and make what people buy.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Sounds to me like your pricing policy is out of whack. If nic cost $1 a mg and you used the same amount of flavour in every juice (say $5)....

3mg = $8 ($3 + $5)
6mg = $11
9mg = $14 and so on.

You'd then make just the same amount of money whatever you sold.

No?

T

The decision has nothing to do with the cost per bottle - the amount of nicotine in every bottle is almost irrelevant from a cost perspective.

20% refers to the fact that we presently carry (5) different nicotine levels, 0 - 3 - 6 - 12 - 18. When we order liquid at present, 20% of our order is 18mg, and that 20% doesn't sell well because so few people vape it. Ergo, if we were to remove 12 and 18, we would be reducing our stock by 40%. Or, if we measured the remove of 12mg after the complete removal of 18mg, it would be a 25% reduction in stock level. There's no scenario where a business wants to produce product people don't want - which is the case as demonstrated by the fact that so few people purchase 18mg. Yes, there's a handful - but - there are lots of options in the marketplace for people who want more nicotine. (Including nic'ing up our liquid if you really want).

It's also a liability issue - the less nicotine we put in the bottle, the less dangerous it is if little hands were to get their hands on it. Win-win... we liquidate product that doesn't sell, we lower our liability, and we discontinue ordering and making product that sells abysmally slow.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Hey Grrrr,

The 18mg that is up on the site is the last of it, we won't be adding on any more. There are quite a few flavors that have over 200 bottles of 15, 30, and 60mL bottles in 18mg. There is still time to stock up if you need to. (Got Cookie, for example, has over 1000 18mg 30mL bottles left)

Correct - the stock of 18mg that is on the site is the last that will be produced. There's more stock in some flavors than there are in others. With regard to the majority of the recent white labels, 18mg was never produced in in the first place. 0mg doesn't sell particularly well, either, but we felt like it was important to maintain a "path to zero". If not for that path, we would probably do 3, 6, 12 - or just 3, and 6.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I've been vaping a lot less recently, but while i have purchased 0mg before, it never seems worthwhile to me? it's odd.

Some people (like me, sometimes) have moved past the need for nicotine - but still have the tacit need to get that "hand to mouth" action which is part of the "addiction". The human mind - such a fascinating and frustrating piece of art.

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
Completely get the business decision and support NT as always. I also get the concerns about limiting new vapors. I started on 24 and worked my way down to 18, 12, then 6. Even with more powerful and low-priced gear out there these days I think folks still need 24mg or higher options. That's not to say that NT should have any obligation to provide them, but if other vendors follow suit they will eventually be a rare commodity. Although who knows what will constitute rare when the fed regs start landing. As always rock on Clark.

dsidab81

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
I think it's a smart decision business wise, but as other have stated it may deter new buyers. For myself 18mg through a nautilus mini at 9-11 watts was too much at the beginning. I think I stepped to 12mg after my first order of 3 x 15mls. Although on a dripper at 3mg maybe I'm consuming more nic now.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I think it's a smart decision business wise, but as other have stated it may deter new buyers. For myself 18mg through a nautilus mini at 9-11 watts was too much at the beginning. I think I stepped to 12mg after my first order of 3 x 15mls. Although on a dripper at 3mg maybe I'm consuming more nic now.

It's an even easier decision since the possibility remains that bottles can fall into little hands. Child proof bottles or no... Less Nicotine is always better... I never lose sight of the fact that Nicotine is poison... I encourage everyone to minimize use if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread