RDA 454 atty. amazing RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
Yeah I have been working on flows for awhile, on three post atties you have to do a centerpost if your gona even get it close. As he said some don't work, my atomic is a lil too small but when I saw the 454 in person, o knew it would be perfect. The cerberus is probably gonna be my next rda, that or the plume veil.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
Idk, :( I've been using a set of mini screwdrivers, the best one I've found is the second smallest flat head. The middle one is the one I'm talking about, anything larger works as well but doesn't have as good vapor production, the idea is to get as small as you can without getting dry hits.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1407443151169.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407443151169.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 110

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
I like verts on the 454 but I get a way better vape using a flow build with quads or duals. I've honestly tried every build I can think of and tweaked each one multiple times, the only one I havnt tweaked too much yet that I know will be amazing is a variation of one of deedupdexs, which is a coil that has a space in the center that is bent the opposite way creating a U shape in between the 2 or 3 wraps on the ends. It makes a quad 24 or even 22g work like it should, it heats up as fast as 28g and doesn't suck battery life like a regular quad 24g, it also creates some of the best flavor I've experienced, imho its the only way to properly do quad 24 and 22g. I just haven't mastered it yet.

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
I built some perfect nano dragons. They work perfectly with the 454 and the stock drip tip actually works well because of how the vapor spirals.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1408121838293.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408121838293.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 320
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408121862562.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408121862562.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 230
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408121880687.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408121880687.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 195
I just purchased one of these today and spent well over an hour trying to build it . Just when I thought I had it none of my positive leads were making a connection. I decided to put a piece of wire through the post and tightened it down and as I thought it just cuts right through the wire.
Any ideas how I can fix this issue?
The atty is an authentic 454 and I haven't found anyone else online having this issue. I've tried all ga of wire and they all get cut off

CharliesTheMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Louisiana
Bottom feed pin received. Haven't drilled holes yet at deck level, just squonking from the top wire holes. Built this time with .5mmX.1mm flat ribbon wire dual coil netting 0.63ohms and it's full of flavor and vapor. :vapor:

Would it be possible to get a picture of your flat ribbon wire build, or would you happen to know where a pic is online of the 454 built with ribbon wire? I'm loving my big block and have a bunch of ribbon wire I need to put to use, but I'd like to see what a build looks like before I dig in.
I'm having trouble building on mine. I hope it gets easier, I'm doing duals with 26 ga but really want to do quads but I'm using the hex ohm mod and think I would have to use 28 ga to keep my resistance within the capability of my mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm vaping my big block in dual coil on my hexohm. I like building with 26 guage also but I had to wrap 28 guage with duals and I'm still a touch on the low side with 2x 8 wraps of 28 guage. I'm about to rebuild it because I think I set my coils a little low in the atty which caused me to wick with a little less cotton than I would like to have.

I'm rambling but I was excited when I saw another hexohm big block fan. I saw the troubles you've had and I hope your experience gets better. I'm loving this combo, I have a Tobh, Tobh 2.5 and Plume Veil sitting on the sidelines because the big block is vaping so well with the tugboat on deck ready to vape. I keep two builds at all times.

Would it be possible to get a picture of your flat ribbon wire build, or would you happen to know where a pic is online of the 454 built with ribbon wire? I'm loving my big block and have a bunch of ribbon wire I need to put to use, but I'd like to see what a build looks like before I dig in.

I'm vaping my big block in dual coil on my hexohm. I like building with 26 guage also but I had to wrap 28 guage with duals and I'm still a touch on the low side with 2x 8 wraps of 28 guage. I'm about to rebuild it because I think I set my coils a little low in the atty which caused me to wick with a little less cotton than I would like to have.

I'm rambling but I was excited when I saw another hexohm big block fan. I saw the troubles you've had and I hope your experience gets better. I'm loving this combo, I have a Tobh, Tobh 2.5 and Plume Veil sitting on the sidelines because the big block is vaping so well with the tugboat on deck ready to vape. I keep two builds at all times.

I'm now using 24 ga. Dual coils 11 wraps on 5/64. I didn't do vertical because I think horizontal gives me better performance.
I also have a tugboat on the sidelines and Don't like the mess it leaves on my mod. I ended up cutting off the bottom of the 454 drip tip and it seems much better flavor and vapor wise.
I'm gonna keep trying to do different builds on my big block but I really don't think its a good match for the hex ohm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
Just picked up two of these (2 different clones). Only probably I can find with them is that they really prefer the stock DT as my normal drip tips are too loose.

I gave up on vertical coils on this guy for a time. Kept getting hot spots that wouldn't exist until after I wicked the device. Switching to horizontal coils fixed this for me

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
I also cut the bottom of the dt, its now my favorite dt. I've found horizontal coils to work best for me, though verts do work well, I've been doing a dual 360 flow build with 24g at .2 to.3 ohms, using iteo wicking for my usual all day setup and a tri coil between .08 and. 15 for cloud chasing. I like quads on this thing a lot but I notice I get a little better vape with duals or tris and my battery lasts longer, I think the reason it performs better with duals for me is due to wicking. It is difficult to get a perfect wick setup with quad horizontal coils at larger Guage wire. I have done every build I know of on this thing so far and after having it for a few months now I can confidently say this rda is my absolute favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread