Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Dont you mean 0.6

.06 ohms is only a hair above a dead short of 0.0 ohms. Pretty crazy!!!
It was a post in response to this post, so I'm sure they meant what was posted.
As long as you take around 5 sec pulls you can go super low, around .07 .08 because vtcs are 60 amp burst. you'll be fine but with .12 your only at 35 amps and that's fully charged, so when you take a hit the voltage will probably drop to around 3.7 or lower so your not ever going over the 30amp continuous limit. I've seen people pull close to 80amps outta a vtc5 but if you take a hit longer than 2 secs your battery will discharge lol .12 is perfectly safe, just do your math and know your batteries

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

player one

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
cali
Got my 454 tonight but...
image_zps6e5b188f.jpg

And...
image_zps6de3e9e9.jpg

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
Yup. I almost expect this with clones but not authentics. My $35 ehpro KFL was perfect inside and out.

I'd imagine you are one of the few. My original Taifun GT and KFL+ had some issues. The Taifun was sent back for a replacement (2 weeks-ouch) and I kept the KFL+. I just lived with the scratch since it performs so well.

Yours is definitely noticeable so they dropped the ball on their QC. Send it back if it really bugs you! That scratch in the first pic would bug me too!!!!!!!!!

I feel for ya!!!

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
A 10-12 wrap over a standard paperclip would qualify as a nano coil. Super nano would be to wrap over something like 28g kanthal. Only thing is that coils that tight would require a cloud type wick underneath since you can't thread it through. I've done a few nanos over a paperclip but never a super nano. It's a warm vape for sure

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
I would concider those micro but idk what the actually qualification is. I still havnt done nanos on mine, just been perfecting the quad micros, so far I've found 26g with 6 wraps @ .19 to be my favorite.

A 10-12 wrap over a standard paperclip would qualify as a nano coil. Super nano would be to wrap over something like 28g kanthal. Only thing is that coils that tight would require a cloud type wick underneath since you can't thread it through. I've done a few nanos over a paperclip but never a super nano. It's a warm vape for sure. I prefer the micro coils because I never could get consistent with the right amount of cotton under a nano. Sometimes it would be perfect and others would give me dry hits galore. even when I thought it was the same density as the previous wick.

CRW78

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
A 10-12 wrap over a standard paperclip would qualify as a nano coil. Super nano would be to wrap over something like 28g kanthal. Only thing is that coils that tight would require a cloud type wick underneath since you can't thread it through. I've done a few nanos over a paperclip but never a super nano. It's a warm vape for sure
Ah thanks for the clarification. These little .......s are why carpal tunnel syndrome exists!

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
I've gotten pretty good at dragon wicking. I just can't get it perfect at anything lower than .3, it dry hits too fast. The trick for me is to use as little cotten as you can while still keeping it covered correctly.

Sorry for the double post lol. Not sure what the heck happened!
Have you tried cellucotton? It keeps up with wicking on lower ohm coils better than cotton IMO. I use it on all my sub ohm below 0.5
I've got about a 20 year supply of the stuff:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread