6 years off Cigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtuna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
I quit smoking on the Great American Smokeout in 2009. My first ecig was a Joye 510 from www.cignot.com. vaping was so uncommon back then that I could vape a pass through from my computer at a state job. Wow have things changed since then! Disposable cartridges to dripping cartridges. The first mods: superT, Altsmoke with stacked batteries, the Buzz first adjustable voltage, the first Provari that changed everything, tanks came along, the first DNA chip. Today I treated myself to an eVic-VTC mini and an Aspire Triton 2 tank and I am going to try out the latest invention temperature control. I quit analogs the first week I started vaping and haven't had one since! No more bronchitis every winter. No more pack and a half habit. This forum helped me greatly over the years.

Cheers to everyone who has quit by vaping!

Chad

Sent from my bunker in the desert using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Another success story, mrtuna. Congratulations!

I also stopped smoking in 2009 with a Joye 510 from Cig-Not. I went from there to the Joye Ego with a bigger battery and longer vape time. Like most, I spent a lot of money trying different atomizers, juices, and mods. The Provari V2 was the end point for mods for quite a while until the compact VV box mods came along. I finally stuck with the Innokin CoolFire 4 and a Kayfun. Life is good these days.

I still use the Provari around the house while my USB mods are charging. They all get rotational use.

mrtuna

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
Another success story, mrtuna. Congratulations!

I also stopped smoking in 2009 with a Joye 510 from Cig-Not. I went from there to the Joye Ego with a bigger battery and longer vape time. Like most, I spent a lot of money trying different atomizers, juices, and mods. The Provari V2 was the end point for mods for quite a while until the compact VV box mods came along. I finally stuck with the Innokin CoolFire 4 and a Kayfun. Life is good these days.

I still use the Provari around the house while my USB mods are charging. They all get rotational use.

You have been there too! Congrats! I still have 2 Provaris too. I can't believe how well they hold up. My wife managed to kill one with a drop. I actually dropped one in the bathtub and just ran alcohol through the mod right away and it works fine. I can't believe how cheap the 2.5 is now. My other old mods corroded except the Supertmanufacturing ones. I might sell those to fund a DNA200. I have 2 mint mods from him and was sad to see him go out of business. Just no way to keep up with cheap Chinese mods even though his were great quality.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You have been there too! Congrats! I still have 2 Provaris too. I can't believe how well they hold up. My wife managed to kill one with a drop. I actually dropped one in the bathtub and just ran alcohol through the mod right away and it works fine. I can't believe how cheap the 2.5 is now. My other old mods corroded except the Supertmanufacturing ones. I might sell those to fund a DNA200. I have 2 mint mods from him and was sad to see him go out of business. Just no way to keep up with cheap Chinese mods even though his were great quality.

I bought the $25 extended protection that took me 2 years out on warranty. Just before the end of the warranty period my fire switch was getting a little flaky. I sent it in under warranty and it came back with a brand new high quality switch with positive break-over action that felt really good, along with a polish job that made the outer case look all satiny again, a new battery contact spring, and what looked like a new 510 connector installed. That was $25 well spent. 5 years out, my Provari V2 is still a top of the line tube mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread