smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    What's with the freak out? How long are these end-of-the-world posts going to continue?

New products cannot be brought to market after August 8th. That does not mean manufacturers are going to stop making the same existing gear. I believe manufacturers are only going to ramp it up to sell as much as possible until they are required to submit a PMTP authorization.

At that point, they'll have another year.

Am I missing something?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas
    Of course we don't yet know what will become of online sales as of August 8, 2016.

Based on the calendar internet sales would require proof of ID starting August 8th. No different from walking into a B&M. Any business that cannot put a system in place to verify ID cannot legally sell online starting August 8, 2016. However, that required verification process is poorly defined. You can order prescription medication online by simply checking a box stating that you agree you are over 18 and subject to legal punishment if you aren't.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    The scary is the Unknowns.

Several Shops have already given up. Others are discussing closing due to primary income from custom mixes.
    Small Business owners do not have Access to Millions of Dollars Per Product to comply.

This has nothing to do with Scaring People.
    People need to Wake the hell up and Get their local shops involved with litigators. They need to Contact every Representative they can and Push for support of Cole-Bishop as well as the Cole Bill.

In the mean time, there are likely Dozens of tiny compliance infractions the FDA can use to slam the Doors on a Business.
    the FDA itself is giving out Conflicting answers to identical Questions regarding Compliance.

*** California - 8-8-16 Anticipation of Immediate requirement for Photo ID for online sales with teams prepared to file legal suits against non-compliant Vendors.

proposed $2.00 per pack Cigarette Tax(with 1 million signatures FOR the increase)
    Same Bill includes language to TAX E-liquids on a Comparable level.
    2ml=1pk
    30ml/2=15x$2=$30 TAX plus Selling Price, plus state sales Tax

I do not Care Who is disinterested or Sees no immediate issue.
    I care bout those that may never have the chance to decide for themselves.

Do as you wish.
    :)

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    Based on the calendar internet sales would require proof of ID starting August 8th. No different from walking into a B&M. Any business that cannot put a system in place to verify ID cannot legally sell online starting August 8, 2016. However, that required verification process is poorly defined. You can order prescription medication online by simply checking a box stating that you agree you are over 18 and subject to legal punishment if you aren't.

That would be great except that it specifically states
    "Retailers must see photo ID of anyone who appears 26 or under" checking that little box is not going to work. Read the specifics of the calendar to see.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    "Retailers must see photo ID of anyone who appears 26 or under" checking that little box is not going to work. Read the specifics of the calendar to see.

Your telling them
    Conley is telling them
    Schell is telling them
    Dimitri is Telling them
    KHlaw
    CASAA
    and on and on..............and people just do not want to accept what WILL Happen.

Little room for Might or can...........but Will has been presented loud and clear by Mitch Zeller

I just do not know how to respond to much of this :facepalm:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    What's with the freak out? How long are these end-of-the-world posts going to continue?

New products cannot be brought to market after August 8th. That does not mean manufacturers are going to stop making the same existing gear. I believe manufacturers are only going to ramp it up to sell as much as possible until they are required to submit a PMTP authorization.

Am I missing something?

The FDA has only aporoved ONE new product in YEARS.

you take a power a mad bureaucracy determined to destroy an industry. If you don't want to prep that is your choice, and I will defend your right to make that choice.

I choose to prep because i am NOT GOING BACK TO THE STINKIES!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    The sacry is the Unknowns.

Several Shops have already given up. Others are discussing closing due to primary income from custom mixes.
    Small Business owners do not have Access to Millions of Dollars Per Product to comply.

People need to Wake the hell up and Get their local shops involved with litigators. They need to Contact every Representative they can and Push for support of Cole-Bishop as well as the Cole Bill.

In the mean time, there are likely Dozens of tiny compliance infractions the FDA can use to slam the Doors on a Business.
    the FDA itself is giving out Conflicting answers to identical Questions regarding Compliance.

*** California - 8-8-16 Anticipation of Immediate requirement for Photo ID for online sales with teams prepared to file legal suits against non-compliant Vendors.

proposed $2.00 per pack Cigarette Tax(with 1 million signatures FOR the increase)
    2ml=1pk

Do as you wish.

BRAVO!

WELL DONE!

If vaping is important to yoy abd refuse to go back to cigarettes with its slow painful death PREP.

If you dont mind going back to smoking thats your choice.

Max-83

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 11, 2016

Am I missing something?
    I believe the biggest question is going to be how to access the equipment. With states and municipality's passing additional legislation to hinder us. Also the face to face/ ID requirements.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas

There are still legal ways around that for most people. Requiring a person to enter in their birthday for example. Or fill out an online form that includes things like drivers license number. It does become a problem for customers who are 26 or younger, but at 47 I shouldn't have to show a photo ID regardless of online or B&M purchase.

But it does require a system to be put in place to verify ID, and a lot of smaller businesses will not have the funds or physical resources to build and maintain that system. Plus there's always new state laws to consider as well.

August is going to be an interesting month, that's for sure.

salemgold

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    A photo ID is a photo ID. Checking a box or swearing that you are telling the truth is not going to be an acceptable substitute. Seriously if some of you choose not to be prepared for this, that is your choice.

I am well prepared. If I have done so for no reason, that is going to make me very happy indeed.

I almost wish that I had a pair of those rose colored glasses. Sadly, I am fresh out.

Mikedin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2015
    western new york
    Your telling them
    Conley is telling them
    Schell is telling them
    Dimitri is Telling them
    KHlaw
    CASAA
    and on and on..............and people just do not want to accept what WILL Happen.

Little room for Might or can...........but Will has been presented loud and clear by Mitch Zeller

I just do not know how to respond to much of this :facepalm:
    In New York State at least where I live , people must hand their I'd over and have the barcode on the back scanned fro any product with an age restriction regardless of age , I've watched 75 year old plus people have their I'd scanned

Mountain oak vapors up the road from me already told me they know their prices will be going up , they know I make DIY juice and warned me to order as much nic as possible before 8/8 , I told them I have calculated I have an 8 year supply and plan on ordering one more liter by the end of next month, they where happy I was prepared that far , after my liter of nic I'm ordering some more flavoring to make my main ADV's and then I'll hope to have the funds for another gly cube

I figure I'll need at least a liter of vanilla custard v2 alone to make the 6 gallons of diy materials I already have on hand (nic and VG/PG) once that is here I'll focus more on mods and attys after today , I just picked up a rx200 when I was there yesterday and was thinking about going back for the mech box they have on sale I forget the name (lol) but I have been watching it the price was 179.00 and its on sale right now for 49.00 and possibly another aromamizer

My plan is to be prepared for the worst and hoping for the best although I can't see it going good for us vapers who depend on this life saving alternative to smoking

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I also have prepared for the worse.

I have two dependable mech mods (Altsmoke Silver Bullets), a couple of Provari's and an RX200. I have a rebuildable tank atomizer (Kayfun Lite Plus), a rebuildable dripper (Patriot), and just ordered another rebuildable dripper (Tobecco Velocity clone).

I only have about 500ml of 24mg nicotine base, but I have cut my nicotine down to 3mg, and could probably get by in the near future vaping just zero-mg e-liquid. Pg, Vg, and flavoring agents will always be available for other industries, so I'm not concerned about those ingredients.

Wire and wick materials, 18650 batteries and chargers, will also be available for other industries, so I'm not concerned about those products either.

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I am pretty close to being ready for vape doomsday myself and I admit it feels great. I feel better equipped to handle whatever the FDA and states throw at us. But I sure will miss vape mail, but May has been like Vape Xmas for me it was fun! :) still need a few more flavors and need some banana cream pie flavor.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I also have prepared for the worse.

I have two dependable mech mods (Altsmoke Silver Bullets), a couple of Provari's and an RX200. I have a rebuildable tank atomizer (Kayfun Lite Plus), a rebuildable dripper (Patriot), and just ordered another rebuildable dripper (Tobecco Velocity clone).

I only have about 500ml of 24mg nicotine base, but I have cut my nicotine down to 3mg, and could probably get by in the near future vaping just zero-mg e-liquid. Pg, Vg, and flavoring agents will always be available for other industries, so I'm not concerned about those ingredients.

Wire and wick materials, 18650 batteries and chargers, will also be available for other industries, so I'm not concerned about those products either.
    +1 here.
    I like this take: Vaping Bans

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Am I missing something?

If you believe that the FDA will do Nothing Else to Restrict e-Cigarettes/e-Liquids in the future, and if your believe that States are Not going to Jump on the Federal Statutory Definition of e-Cigarettes/e-Liquids as "Tobacco Products" to enact New Legislation, then Yeah... your not missing anything.

But if you see what the FDA has done as Foundational (which the FDA has Stated Many Times), and if you view the current Trend in e-Cigarettes/e-Liquids State Regulations as getting Worse vs. Better, then Yes, perhaps you are Missing Something.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    The scary is the Unknowns.

2ml=1pk

Do as you wish.

I wish I could say thanks for the videos (yes, I watched them all, painfully) or at least give your post a "like", but now I'm just too depressed to do that. Hopefully it will open some other eyes. About all I got at this point is a :censored: ME!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread