Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
i cant remember hearing of anyone dying from ecigs so where is their safety stand point compared to prescriptions that kill plenty and are still on the market , oh i got my bs email too you can find it in my trash bend

I don't understand the point you are making mentioning prescriptions?

Prescriptions are REGULATED. That is why they are.....prescriptions. So what argument are you making exactly?

The FDA is clear that they aren't trying to ban e-cigs. Right now, its about warning labels, and registering e-cig products with them. If they don't take it any further, I actually support this act.

I don't want e-cigs to be banned, nor taxed more than regular sales tax. I don't want vendors to need a special license to sell e-liquid either. However, I don't mind e-cigs being regulated in minor ways - such as having to register your product with the FDA (so they can review it)

cocoloco

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Colorado
I don't understand the point you are making mentioning prescriptions?

Prescriptions are REGULATED. That is why they are.....prescriptions. So what argument are you making exactly?

The FDA is clear that they aren't trying to ban e-cigs. Right now, its about warning labels, and registering e-cig products with them. If they don't take it any further, I actually support this act.

I don't want e-cigs to be banned, nor taxed more than regular sales tax. I don't want vendors to need a special license to sell e-liquid either. However, I don't mind e-cigs being regulated in minor ways - such as having to register your product with the FDA (so they can review it)

I agree. Without an ulterior motive, this is sound regulation.

Kryyptyk

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Austin, TX, USA

If you read the full text of the proposed regulations (or an educated interpretation of them, such as the one released by CASAA), you will clearly see that the FDA fully intends to "take it further". In fact, Mitch Zeller, the Director of the FDA's Center for Tobacco Products, has said in a couple interviews that his intentions are to rein in the "wild west" vaping industry with strenuous "public heath reviews and registration". He made it clear that the FDA thinks of the current state of the vaping industry as dangerous and an immediate health concern, quoting children with nicotine poisoning and exploding e-cigarettes in chargers.

The proposed regulations echo this mode of thinking by adopting a 'kill the patient to cure the cancer' motif. The review process of the FDA is both lengthy and expensive, and would never realistically be able to handle the strain of the thousands of new product reviews that would inevitably result from the wide variety of items available on the current vaping market. In addition, the majority of small businesses would not be able to afford the fees charged to submit every single one of their products for review, and would go out of business. The incentive for new and innovative vaping products would be greatly diminished, and the industry as we know it today would cease to exist.

This isn't going away, and it's not going to be a minor change. The proposed regulations as they stand now are just as dangerous to vaping, if not more, as the previous FDA blanket ban in 2009. This is why it is very important that everyone uses their voice to make sure these regulations are revised to something that all parties can agree to, and that truly benefits the consumers.

JasonBourne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Los Angeles
Big tobacco basically has its hand in the of FDAs pockets also in the goverment. Im not sure if anyone can relate but watching house of cards you see all this BS going on in politics and new laws. In my opinion which clearly is just an opinion and thats all, but the big tobacco companies are losing alot of money and Im sure they are not very happy about it, which means politicians are losing alot of campaign money. but then again, maybe Im just watching too much tv :)

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
I dont understand how the FDA can Ban/Regulate or have any control over the mods themselves? Such as mech mods? RBAs? etc? They are mainly battery tubes, Machined parts, screws, etc.

I can see them being able to control/regulate/ban eliquids that are pre made and stick style ecigs but how can they have any say so on mods/RBA and such?

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Each individual can only respond once to the FDA regarding their proposed regulations. I hope that everyone will wait to respond in order to give CASAA and vaping trade organizations time to clarify what points need to be highlighted to the FDA as well as providing the requisite supporting facts and scientific cites to support those specific points.

I just received the same e-mail (and bounced over here immediately to see if anybody else did, of course!)

Strangely, I didn't sign this petition as it's poorly written and inaccurate, but I have signed other e-cig petitions in the past.

I got the same email but I haven't signed anything yet. I've signed petitions back awhile ago so I guess that's where they got my email addy.

As a point of clarification, the White House response is to the petition that many of us signed over a year ago. A request to do so was stickied on ECF.

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Prevent the FDA from regulating or banning the sale and use of electronic cigarettes, accessories and associated liquids
The FDA has repeatedly stated its intent to propose a “deeming” regulation to apply Chapter IX of the FSPTCA to e-cigarettes. But Sections 905 and 910 would ban all e-cigarettes, and other provisions of Chapter IX would also decimate the e-cigarette industry, protect cigarette markets and otherwise threaten public health. The FDA should NOT propose or approve any regulation that would deny cigarette smokers legal or affordable access to less hazardous smokefree alternatives. ~ Bill Godshall

E-cigarettes and associated accessories and liquids are less hazardous than cigarettes and can reduce the risks of smoking. With the use of these devices millions have successfully reduced the use of cigarettes. Don't let the FDA deny us access to these alternatives to smoking.

Created: Jan 14, 2013
Issues: Health Care, Regulatory Reform, Small Business
TOTAL SIGNATURES

This response has nothing to do with the hot mess of a petition full of factual, spelling and grammar errors that has been floating around recently.

They can only go after the liquid as it is the only thing that is consumed. They have no jurisdiction over hardware.

The FDA can and will argue that they have every right to regulate e-cig hardware as it is used a delivery device for a tobacco product. If we can't raise a big enough ruckus before regulation goes into effect vapers will be left to the tender mercies of the courts to resolve that question.

...The FDA is clear that they aren't trying to ban e-cigs. Right now, its about warning labels, and registering e-cig products with them. If they don't take it any further, I actually support this act....

In contrast to any seemingly benign wording in their White House response the FDA has actually proposed unconstrained authority over e-cigs that would easily allow them to enforce a complete, de facto ban through outrageously burdensome regulation for both hardware and e-liquid for which no one can reasonably comply.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
This is the same government who "sweet talked" people into supporting the Obama Care legislation, that ignores its own laws about the recently passed "green plant" law in Colorado, and seemingly has no concerns about the candy and bakery items its also sold in!!.....By the way, it's not even filtered.......Are we to believe them now when we threaten the profits of very large contributors to campaign funds? :confused:

Etherz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
United States

So you're okay with the potential shut down of All small ejuice companies? The application process for getting approval for new products is the Huge hurdle for any new company. As it stands the process is too muddled and would be too costly for the a small time business.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Yes but how many ejuices use synthetic nicotine? While not all of it is obviously, there is still the other plants that contain nicotine the tobacco plant is most effective. But I don't think it should be labeled as a tobacco product in whole ss theyre so many ways to create it.

...none of it is synthetic. to my knowlege, they CAN produce synthetic nicotine, but the process is so expensive compared to agricultural means, that it just isn't cost feasible.

Now all this talk is assuming Ecigs have nicotine. I know several people who smoke ZERO nicotine ecigs. If an Ecig does NOT contain nicotine at all, should they then be allowed to vape in a resturaunt? Is there a law forbidding Vegetable Glycerine flavor vapor? When I last went to six flags, I was asked to vape in designated smoking areas.. if I didn't have nicotine in my ecigs, then are they telling me I need to vape around nicotine products?

Tmg666

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Green bay, Wisconsin
...none of it is synthetic. to my knowlege, they CAN produce synthetic nicotine, but the process is so expensive compared to agricultural means, that it just isn't cost feasible.

Now all this talk is assuming Ecigs have nicotine. I know several people who smoke ZERO nicotine ecigs. If an Ecig does NOT contain nicotine at all, should they then be allowed to vape in a resturaunt? Is there a law forbidding Vegetable Glycerine flavor vapor? When I last went to six flags, I was asked to vape in designated smoking areas.. if I didn't have nicotine in my ecigs, then are they telling me I need to vape around nicotine products?
The main point I was trying to make with the synthetic part was just a reason as to why it shouldn't be labeled solely a tobacco product lol

Sent from my SCH-R530X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread