Status
Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
This is NOT the America I was born in a raised in. This is some bizarre twisted alter dimension of reality we are seeing. It is time for a cleansing.
I'm Old enough to remember a very different America too, geez what has happened to the land of the free, it does not exist anymore. Crazy times and I lived thru the Sixties! LOL

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Felony??????!!!! Really????! A felony for a "tobacco product"? What a crock!
I had to quit in the middle of the second video. If I was a shop owner, and was in attendance at that meeting, I'd be looking for an alternate means of income.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Why would that be so Bizarre? It's a Brave New World ENAUD.

A world where a bottle of PG, VG, and Food Flavoring is a Tobacco Product. And requires a label that says... "Made from Tobacco.

Where in the deemings does it say that pg,vg and food flavoring are to be labelled " made from tobacco "

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Where in the deemings does it say that pg,vg and food flavoring are to be labelled " made from tobacco "

Pretty sure he is referring to - when combined:cool:

Oh, on that note....................................

I actually caught an FDA Enforcement Official say : a -0- Nicotine Flavoring, Sold from a Vending Machine would NOT be considered a Tobacco Product and therefor could be Displayed in an Open Mall...............:ohmy:
Want to Bet she gets Corrected Back at the Office? :facepalm:

Yet the same Flavoring sold at a Vape shop is a Tobacco Product.:glare:

I'm starting to see a Magical/Mystical variation in terms and application.

Both No Nicotine:
50/50 Butterscotch Flavoring - Pass
50/50 Butterscotch e-liquid - Fail
:blink:

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Pretty sure he is referring to - when combined:cool:

Oh, on that note....................................

I actually caught an FDA Enforcement Official say : a -0- Nicotine Flavoring, Sold from a Vending Machine would NOT be considered a Tobacco Product and therefor could be Displayed in an Open Mall...............:ohmy:
Want to Bet she gets Corrected Back at the Office? :facepalm:

Yet the same Flavoring sold at a Vape shop is a Tobacco Product.:glare:

I'm starting to see a Magical/Mystical variation in terms and application.

Both No Nicotine:
50/50 Butterscotch Flavoring - Pass
50/50 Butterscotch e-liquid - Fail
:blink:
It's not easy to take a product that sells for $15/quart at Walmart and apply up to a $1000 tax on it, depending on how it's used. So a little confusion among the jack booted regiments is to be expected.

On this upcoming weekend we are asked to honor the million or so Americans who have allegedly died to protect and preserve our "freedoms". I wonder how they would feel about the world we live in now? That could be sadder than the attempted destruction of our life saving industry.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
On this upcoming weekend we are asked to honor the million or so Americans who have allegedly died to protect and preserve our "freedoms". I wonder how they would feel about the world we live in now? That could be sadder than the attempted destruction of our life saving industry.

Sadly for most Americans............Still fortunate enough to be working, It will be an Extended weekend to party with Friends and forget Briefly their worsening economic Struggle to survive without ever reflecting on those lost.

Each in their own way will soon be preparing for July 4th when we can Celebrate in memory of the Freedoms we once had. :facepalm:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
There are still legal ways around that for most people. Requiring a person to enter in their birthday for example. Or fill out an online form that includes things like drivers license number. It does become a problem for customers who are 26 or younger, but at 47 I shouldn't have to show a photo ID regardless of online or B&M purchase.

But it does require a system to be put in place to verify ID, and a lot of smaller businesses will not have the funds or physical resources to build and maintain that system. Plus there's always new state laws to consider as well.

August is going to be an interesting month, that's for sure.
A seller cannot tell how old you look online. They can in person.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I expect that only a few cigalikes and such will be passed and they will be backed by tobacco companies.
Maybe 3-4 juice flavors for them but initially only prefilled cartridges.

Even the ammendment in the ag funding bill which moves the predicate date asks that the FDA regulates battery safety....

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Does anyone really think that ANY mech mod will pass with the FDA? If anything at all gets passed it will surprise me.

I don't believe any open systems for use with nicotine will be approved. You would need to show how your eliquid performs when used in combination with every possible device.

Depending on how your state handles things, liquid and hardware do have a future in zero nicotine flavor vaping. But, it's going to be a hard, tough road. I'm not sure if a B&M completely divorced from nicotine vaping could survive financially. Let alone afford the lawyers needed to defend against federal actions.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Does anyone really think that ANY mech mod will pass with the FDA? If anything at all gets passed it will surprise me.

I think there is a Chance it would happen.

About the same Chance as me Winning the State Lottery on the same day that I am Struck by Lightening while opening a letter from the IRS saying I paid too much on my 1979 Tax Return so I'm getting a Refund.

Last edited:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I think there is a Chance it would happen.

About the same Chance as me Winning the State Lottery on the same day that I am Struck by Lightening while opening a letter from the IRS saying I paid too much on my 1979 Tax Return so I'm getting a Refund.
So you're saying there's a chance !!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not a chance. They are a pipe bomb waiting to happen, remember?

The time to get a mech mod for future use is NOW! (Before regulations go into effect)

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Just pulled the trigger on 1L/100mg.

I'm good for at least 5 years.

52255962.jpg