Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I am beginning to think that many people, regardless of gender, start at 18- 24 mg. of nicotine. Where there go from there seems to corelate with their choice in equipment and vaping style.
As far as my son, he is sub-ohming 18mg the first week and seems to really enjoy vaping. I hope to sit down with him soon and discuss options for stepping down his nicotine, while offering several vendors I have been satisfied with in the past.
As far as my daughter, she just seems put off by the whole idea of vaping. So rather than pester her (and risk pushing her away) I will have to wait for the topic of quitting smoking to come up again.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I think I am agreeing with you here.

In my way of thinking, it's not just how much Nic is in your juice, and it's not just how much juice you go through in a day .... What matters is the combination of both.

Case in point ... I am a mouth to lung "tootle puffer" than vapes on a high ohm coil at low watts. I burn through 5ml of 15mg Nic juice per day. That's a total of 75mg of Nic (5 x 15 = 75)

Another person may do big lung hits on a subohm coil at high watts. That person may burn through 15ml of only 5mg Nic juice per day. That's still a total of 75mg of Nic (15 x 5 = 75)

So, in the end, it all comes down to how much TOTAL Nic you are using in a day.
Yes, but I still would like to consume less juice. Now I am stuck at 10 ml/day (2.5 mg). And I have to fight my wife, who likes I do not smoke anymore, but does not like I am coughing sometimes because of vaping.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
As far as coughing ... when I was smoking 2 packs a day, I used to have a chronic cough in the morning. Of course, the more I think about it, I used to cough on and off pretty much all day. The cigarettes were slowly killing me.

I may still cough a couple of times during the day, but since vaping for the last 3 years, I don't have that chronic coughing and hacking my lungs out each morning like I did before I threw out the cigarettes and started vaping instead.

I don't get short of breath easily like I did when smoking cigarettes either. I think my lungs have pretty much healed themselves up in the last 3 years of being tobacco free ! :)

Last edited:

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I am a male and challenge any woman here to a nic off. The competition will be of tanks of increasingly higher nic until the loser is the first one to suffer from severe heart palpitations, nic hiccup induced vomiting or involuntary bowel evacuations. In the end, I will be the one doing a windmill jam! I am the champion, my friends. We might even be able to get it on ESPN6, right between curling and pumpkin chuckin'

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I am a male and challenge any woman here to a nic off. The competition will be of tanks of increasingly higher nic until the loser is the first one to suffer from severe heart palpitations, nic hiccup induced vomiting or involuntary bowel evacuations. In the end, I will be the one doing a windmill jam! I am the champion, my friends. We might even be able to get it on ESPN6, right between curling and pumpkin chuckin'

Ill vape it with you, bro..
We'll go to the looney bin together, I dont give a :censored:!

7375.3.219.138.jpg

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Exactly the same here on what I smoked, when I started, age within 1 year . The only time I tasted that so called peppery flavor was the first and only time I tried diy, I mixed it, but maybe didn't mix it good enough. I then proceeded to shake the bottle for like 5 minutes and it was gone. But yes, at 24 it really has never crossed my mind to reduce nic except briefly trying sub ohm tanks. I think if your vaping with the notion of giving up vaping, then reducing nic is a great idea, but I will be vaping till the end and see no reason to reduce. I didn't think nic in a cigarette was all that bad compared to the other chemicals and sure don't think nic in vaping is anything to worry about compared to what I was doing before vaping. I certainly would think it's strange for someone who smoked for years and years and never really worried about anything to start vaping and all of a sudden think they have to reduce nic . But it doesn't matter, whatever it takes, the main thing is to keep off those smokes what ever way possible.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yeah I have no desire to step down nic.........never have. I vaped 24mg for over 4 years. Even after I went from 1.3ohms down to .5 ohms when I started using SS wire. I still vaped 24mg for about 3 months like that. Finally I got to where it was too much nic, so that's when and why I went down. Cut to 18, that still was a lil too much. Am now happily vaping on my derringer, dual coils .5 ohms at 15mg.

well i just bought a couple of bottles of 0 today... they were out of 3 and no way i was buying 6... this is my "treat" juice and i didn't want diluted flavour. i'll just have two mods handy at all times... one for flavour and one for nic...
ya could have bought a bottle of 6 and a bottle of 0, mixed em together and had two bottles of 3 mg.

But the main thing is - NO TOBACCO four four and a half years now. And that's what counts.
JUP!!! The only wrong way to vape, is ta not to (as mater would say) unless yur just an idjit who want to see how extreme you can be lol

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
HM..... what are we gonna do with ya?

Papaw....HM is our resident.... um

Jokerster?

Comic relief?

Pita?

Lovable imp?

Whatever he is... if you read his posts with a smile and not a lick of seriousness... you will figure him out.

Maybe..

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
As far as my daughter, she just seems put off by the whole idea of vaping. So rather than pester her (and risk pushing her away) I will have to wait for the topic of quitting smoking to come up again.

It's possible she's put off by the seeming complexity and fiddilyness of it all. Have you thought about maybe introducing her to one of the pod systems? That would have been a fantastic starting point for me if they had been around when I started.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
ya could have bought a bottle of 6 and a bottle of 0, mixed em together and had two bottles of 3 mg.

oh i know and i thought about it after i got home... i'm pleading distraction at the time, i had gone to the shop after a near accident because it was near and the owner is a friend... i wanted my comfort juice to vape on the way home immediately.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
oh i know and i thought about it after i got home... i'm pleading distraction at the time, i had gone to the shop after a near accident because it was near and the owner is a friend... i wanted my comfort juice to vape on the way home immediately.
oh dear...........glad you weren't actually in the accident.

once again.......typed this yesterday or the day before, got distracted, and it never got posted :facepalm:

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
lmao it got better... my mailbox froze shut cause i live in the great white north... so went to the nearest post office a few miles from home to get my mail. i go to back up and realised i couldn't turn my wheels. i need a new steering column now, $1100... murphy friggen loves me right now. to avoid the accident, i had to drive over some curbs, my baby truck is 4wd, NOT 4x4 and it wasn't happy about it.

Reactions: Chakris

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
I don't understand how you guys vape at such high nicotine levels. I am not sure if there's a difference between the liquids abroad and the ones available locally, but even the imported ones I've vaped (Suicide Bunny, for example) were mostly 3MG and 6MG and I cannot go higher than that because I'm a chain vaper and anything higher than 3MG actually makes me dizzy after a while, and mind you I was a smoker for 10 years (only 25 years old here).

Reactions: Chakris
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread