Vaper's Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
As an ex-smoker, I feel that smokers were discriminated against. My city even had some stupid law about not being allowed to smoke outside in certain areas. This is of course the same city that attempted to ban large sized Coca-Cola and other sodas.

Now, since I'm vaping, I often now vape in places where it would not be possible to smoke an analog cig.

For all of those times when I wanted to light up an analog before, and couldn't, now I can, thanks to vaping.

I find myself sneaking vapes in many different sorts of places now, simply because I feel like it, and because I can!

Does anybody else find themselves sneak vaping in various locations?

Has anybody ever stealth vaped on an airline flight before? I remember when cigarettes were allowed on airline flights. I think that vaping should definitely be allowed on flights, and that airlines should change their current rules.

Basically, I'm not going to stand for vaping to be discriminated against in the same way that cigs and cig smokers have been demonized for ages now, and I believe that vaping should be allowed practically everywhere.

Last edited:

CardinalWinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
Vermont, USA
Basically, I'm not going to stand for vaping to be discriminated against in the same way that cigs and cig smokers have been demonized for ages now, and I believe that vaping should be allowed practically everywhere.

(Bolding mine)

That's not going to happen. The political steamroller and ANTZs will never allow it, not to mention non-smokers. If we end up with a moderate tax on nicotine/juices, no sales to people under 18, mandated warning labels AND no vaping except where smoking is allowed, I'll be a happy camper. I think that's the best we can hope for and it probably won't end up being even that good.

Shotglass

Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
Houston, TX
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Please remember Manners people. :)

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Please remember Manners people. :)

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
My out and about setup is usually a simple ego/evod...so not much in the way of big clouds. I've been known to sneak a vape in an unoccupied aisle in Walmart, or the garden section of Home Depot...my wife can take a long time picking out flowers. I routinely vape while walking down the street outside and in hotel rooms. However, I would never consider vaping on a plane. I did vape on the flight deck of the USS Yorktown (museum ship), maybe that counts.

IMO, losing the right to vape almost anywhere is a big set back. I had convinced a few smokers to switch, but when bans started in workplaces, restaurant and bars, they all went back to smoking.

Shotglass

Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
Houston, TX
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Collateral Damage. Quoted post was deleted.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
I don't vape absolutely everywhere I want (sometimes at the movies I stealth). but I wouldn't want vaping to be allowed everywhere.

I enjoy vaping. I don't enjoy sitting in vapor clouds.

edit: on second thought, I do want it to be "allowed" in that I don't want laws prohibiting it. But I don't want it to be so normal that people feel it's ok to fill public rooms with vapor clouds, like in the old days when people were allowed to smoke everywhere.

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I vape everywhere I'm not told I can't.
I don't blow clouds where it's not acceptable, but if I can vape, I'll vape.

And show "courtesy".

Respect is earned, and never should be expected, and is something you should strive to achieve.
Expect courtesy. If you want respect you must earn it.
Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine when I hear people ask for "respect".

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Yep. Don't be obnoxious about it and think that vaping is some god given right you have and that you can do it anywhere you please. It's a privilege we have at the behest of others... normally others that don't vape, like those in the government. Don't give them fuel or ammunition to turn vaping into history. Be conscientious and courteous or you may not be vaping in the future.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I don't vape anywhere it wouldn't be appropriate to pull a lit cig out your pocket, take a drag, and drop it back in your pocket ;) ... which does include a few spots that actual smoking is not permitted.

Planes and elevators were among the first places where smoking was banned, for good reason. Considering motion sickness, should never have been allowed those places, even if everywhere else.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I vape everywhere I'm not told I can't.
    I don't blow clouds where it's not acceptable, but if I can vape, I'll vape.

And show "courtesy".

Respect is earned, and never should be expected, and is something you should strive to achieve.
    Expect courtesy. If you want respect you must earn it.
    Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine when I hear people ask for "respect".

Totally agree. It doesn't cost extra to be courteous, but anyone who wants my respect has to earn it.

There are places I'd like to vape, but don't -- standing in line at Walmart or Kroger comes to mind. Yhere are places I'm probably not supposed to, but if I can get away with stealth vaping, I will and I have. Hospitals -- both patient rooms (in the bathroom) and in an exam room in the ER for NINE FREAKING HOURS. :facepalm: I'd never have been able to endure that last one as a smoker, no matter how much pain I was in, but vaping from time to time kept me sane; the morphine helped a lot too. :D The reason I'm cavalier about doing it where I can get away with it is because there is nothing in the "2nd hand vapor" that will harm anyone. They don't know that, but I do; what they don't see or know about won't hurt them.

Andria

Caffeine7

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2013
    Riverside, ca
    I don't vape anywhere it wouldn't be appropriate to pull a lit cig out your pocket, take a drag, and drop it back in your pocket ;) ... which does include a few spots that actual smoking is not permitted.

Planes and elevators were among the first places where smoking was banned, for good reason. Considering motion sickness, should never have been allowed those places, even if everywhere else.

For some reason, I think if i was to walk in a room with my pants on fire from putting a lit smoke in my pocket, smokers, vapers and non smokers would all say something

caramel

Vaping Master
    Dec 23, 2014
    Sorry guys, can't participate, the door is jammed.

4565214002_4435e6d137_b.jpg

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    As an ex-smoker, I feel that smokers were discriminated against. My city even had some stupid law about not being allowed to smoke outside in certain areas. This is of course the same city that attempted to ban large sized Coca-Cola and other sodas.

Now, since I'm vaping, I often now vape in places where it would not be possible to smoke an analog cig.

For all of those times when I wanted to light up an analog before, and couldn't, now I can, thanks to vaping.

I find myself sneaking vapes in many different sorts of places now, simply because I feel like it, and because I can!

Does anybody else find themselves sneak vaping in various locations?

Has anybody ever stealth vaped on an airline flight before? I remember when cigarettes were allowed on airline flights. I think that vaping should definitely be allowed on flights, and that airlines should change their current rules.

Vaping is already discriminated against and demonized. A great discussion on our boards is how NOT to perpetuate this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread