One month in so far and not a single problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
I smoked my last analog cig exactly one month ago today, when a vape kit arrived in the mail.

I still have more than one pound of unopened tobacco lying around in a drawer somewhere, just to remind myself of the past, and to prove that I don't desire it at all, even when it's in close proximity.

This post is perhaps a little bit boring, because I don't really have any issues to report. Everything is working out great with vaping, I haven't had any cravings at all for analog cigs, not once. I was a 2 pack per day smoker for 30 years.

I'm currently at 18 mg Nic, and I'm in no big rush to step down, but eventually, in maybe a few months time, I will step down to 12 and keep it at that level for a few months. I eventually plan to be 100% nicotine free.

Quitting analogs and switching to vaping is one of the easiest things that I've ever done. The only thing that I regret is that I didn't do it a few years ago.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Congratulations! I'm glad quitting was easy for you. I didn't smoke nearly as long as you (only 6 years) but vaping was the easiest way to quit for me. I haven't had a cigarette since October, and I've noticed that vaping is no longer a necessity for me. I still do it nearly every day, but when I miss a few hours it doesn't bother me.

cinetrope

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Joshua Tree, CA
My transition from smoking to vaping was similar to yours with no hassle or drama. I bought my first bottle of ejuice and my last pack of cigarettes from the same store on the same day. It's nice to get that out there so that people who are ready to switch won't be scared away from trying by all of the horror stories. Good work and thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Depends of what kit you have and if its a clearo kit then the 18 will do fine. Once you get more and more involved with vaping you will want to upgrade your setup. Better setup = better vape production and the 18 might be a bit strong so think about the cutting down before your stuck with piles of juice that has too much nic. I vaped 18 for eons and now I'm down to 12 going on 9. Once I begin to get headaches over top my eye, that means nic overdose and time to cut down.

Rodnaz

Aug 20, 2012
Phoenix Az
Depends of what kit you have and if its a clearo kit then the 18 will do fine. Once you get more and more involved with vaping you will want to upgrade your setup. Better setup = better vape production and the 18 might be a bit strong so think about the cutting down before your stuck with piles of juice that has too much nic. I vaped 18 for eons and now I'm down to 12 going on 9. Once I begin to get headaches over top my eye, that means nic overdose and time to cut down.

Yes what he said about having piles of the wrong strength. I did that & gave away lots of it that was to strong. I went from 18 to 12 to 9 to 6 to 3 & now to less than one. Its been a while since I posted here & now I am about ready to quit completely. its been a long haul & I am almost there. Now its not the nic its weaning off of the hit. I don't have the need to take a hit first thing in the morning or a lot during the day, it will wait. I never gave up plus I set myself up not to fail. Always had spare equipment & liquid, that way should anything fail or run out I have spares. Anyway good luck to you & everyone. Remember the long term goal, your heath will be better, mine already is.

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2014
Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
Four months ago, after suffering a mild stroke (if there is such a thing) found myself at my smoke shop that sold vape supplies. Bought a fresh carton of cigs and my first ego with an iclear 16 clearo, and a bottle of 24mg juice. I told the clerk I wanted it to "burn" on the way down. Boy did it ever. Within 2 days I bought some 18mg juice and trashed the 24mg. Long story short, I discovered that I was a flavor chaser and since at <18mg you can't taste the nicotine, I kept going lower after finding a real good ADV juice. Again, for me it's all about flavor. I just ordered my second order of 3mg juice and haven't looked back.

What happened to the carton of smokes??? I threw 180 of them away after a month. PROUD TO BE A VOPOR

mojofilter

Mar 10, 2015
Florida, USA
My experience has been much the same. I was actually kind of terrified that I was going to get deathly sick from withdrawals, but it never happened (which I don't really understand... I quit narcotics and didn't get sick. Why?) I got the PV in the mail, charged it up and started using it, and never wanted or needed to smoke another cigarette. After a month, when I realized that my addiction was broken, I weaned myself off inhaling the vapor. At no point did I ever use more than 1 ml per day, which I've learned is a great deal less than many people use. After chatting with a couple of other vapers online and reading and watching videos, I was under the mistaken belief that my nicotine intake was going to go way up when I started vaping, but instead it went way down. I was getting enough that it prevented me from having cravings to smoke, and I guess that's why it worked.

I was under-informed when I started out. I thought because I smoked RYO tobacco since Richard Nixon was in the White House, that I needed 24mg liquid, and I thought I needed lots of it. So I bought 50 ml. Over two months later, I still have at least 35 ml left. It made so little vapor that I bought a different brand and flavor to combine with it to lessen the strength and get a reasonable amount of vapor. So I have these bottles of liquid to burn through, but it's taking a long time. Now I just draw some into my mouth and blow it out without inhaling it, because it tastes so nice (V2 Vanilla 24mg mixed with Pink Spot Happy Ending 6mg). Eventually I will run out, and the battery is going to die and the unit will become useless, and I have no plans to get another one or upgrade to something else. I think my lungs deserve a permanent break from inhaling anything but air.

I still have six ounces of Bugler tobacco here under my desk that I bought a couple of days before the PV arrived in the mail, because I thought I'd need it. Now I don't know anybody I can give it away to.

Best of luck to you in your efforts to quit and stay off cigarettes.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
110426jbmj4miytm_zps63f9ae4a.gif

That is awesome. Continued success to you.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA

When I started using the Halo Triton in February, 24 mg worked great for me. Now I am using the Subtank Mini and the Atlantis and I dropped all the way down to 6 mg. Even when I use the Nautilus with the 1.8 ohm coils, I cannot stand even using 12 mg because the higher nicotine level burns my throat too much now.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Congratulations to the OP. I too did not suffer any psychological consequences despite the fact that I had been smoking to close on 50 years. I already vape at around 4 to 6 mg. Physically I have had some congestion and some coughing, though that might have been an honest cold - at least it did not travel to my chest and give me bronchitis as per usual. So no problems here either apart from being about a €1000 poorer for something that has become a hobby.:D I should stop coming here! :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I smoked my last analog cig exactly one month ago today, when a vape kit arrived in the mail.

I still have more than one pound of unopened tobacco lying around in a drawer somewhere, just to remind myself of the past, and to prove that I don't desire it at all, even when it's in close proximity.

This post is perhaps a little bit boring, because I don't really have any issues to report. Everything is working out great with vaping, I haven't had any cravings at all for analog cigs, not once. I was a 2 pack per day smoker for 30 years.

I'm currently at 18 mg Nic, and I'm in no big rush to step down, but eventually, in maybe a few months time, I will step down to 12 and keep it at that level for a few months. I eventually plan to be 100% nicotine free.

Quitting analogs and switching to vaping is one of the easiest things that I've ever done. The only thing that I regret is that I didn't do it a few years ago.

Way to Go!

Glad to hear that it was an Easy Transition from Smoking to e-Cigarettes.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I didn't expect it to be that easy. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Same here - I spent the first week going about asking members of my family - Have I really quit? I just couldn't believe how easy it was after so many long years of smoking and so many failed attempts to give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread