Recommend to me a solid second tank with RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbob200521

Dec 18, 2014
Sterling, Illinois
Been building my vape hardware collection lately and at at the point where I wouldn't mind another good subtank, but it must have an RBA with it. Gotta be able to rebuild it! hah

My current lineup includes a Subtank Mini on the XPro M80 Plus, a 30w iStick, doge, Dark Horse (by FAR my favorite RDA I've had or tried), and a Hades Mech. All decent stuff but I'd like to have another tank for my collection. What's a good (and decently priced) tank to go with my Subtank? I'll say this, I've tried the Atlantis and didn't care for it so don't suggest that. Any other suggestions?

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I third the Cthulhu and would "throw out" the Lemo 2. The Cthulhu is a monster. It wont fire on the 30W Istick on the factory coils (.34 ohm). You will have to build to over .4 ohm to fire on the 30W. Mine is now built to .7ohms and it fires like a beast on all my devices. Watch out though, it's a juice drinker.

Reactions: SissySpike

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I've thought about a Kayfun (or Kayfun Clone) but I've heard too many people say it's about equal to a Subtank as in no big reason to pick one up. Just what I've heard.

The Sub tank uses a Kayfun type set up but thats where the similarity stops. A sub tank cant touch a properly set up kayfun for flavor. I can not say about kayfun clones Ive never used one. But Im sure some are good and some suck like most of the clones.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
One thing always glossed over is kayfun and clones are not subohm machines nor are they designed with lung hitting power setups in mind. They can put out some decent clouds but thats not the priority for them.

Many people overlook this and then become disappointed in them when they arent getting subtank like results from them.

I love my k4 but I still want to play with a cthulhu for some sub cloud fun lol

Robert Dean

May 10, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
Been building my vape hardware collection lately and at at the point where I wouldn't mind another good subtank, but it must have an RBA with it. Gotta be able to rebuild it! hah

My current lineup includes a Subtank Mini on the XPro M80 Plus, a 30w iStick, Doge, Dark Horse (by FAR my favorite RDA I've had or tried), and a Hades Mech. All decent stuff but I'd like to have another tank for my collection. What's a good (and decently priced) tank to go with my Subtank? I'll say this, I've tried the Atlantis and didn't care for it so don't suggest that. Any other suggestions?
If you don't mind that it whistles like Herbert the Pervert, then the Delta II with the RBA section is good. I prefer my SubTank Plus, but hey. Then there is the Lemo 2, great RTA, but make sure you use a unicorn bottle to fill it up. And fill it in its side like the manual states. The Goliath is also a great choice.

Robert Dean

May 10, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio
The Sub tank uses a Kayfun type set up but thats where the similarity stops. A sub tank cant touch a properly set up kayfun for flavor. I can not say about kayfun clones Ive never used one. But Im sure some are good and some suck like most of the clones.
I would have to disagree. A properly built SubTank Mini or SubTank Plus can put out just as much (if not more) flavor and vapor as the Kayfun. I own both, (authentic) and I still find myself reaching for my SubTank Plus when I'm headed out the door.

One thing always glossed over is kayfun and clones are not subohm machines nor are they designed with lung hitting power setups in mind. They can put out some decent clouds but thats not the priority for them.

Many people overlook this and then become disappointed in them when they arent getting subtank like results from them.

I love my k4 but I still want to play with a cthulhu for some sub cloud fun lol

So gathering from this, the Kayfun wouldn't be a good choice for someone who like subohm? For reference, my Subtank Mini is currently running a .25ohm TLP build that is mmm mmmmm goooood flavor wise (and vape production for that matter).

If you don't mind that it whistles like Herbert the Pervert, then the Delta II with the RBA section is good. I prefer my SubTank Plus, but hey. Then there is the Lemo 2, great RTA, but make sure you use a unicorn bottle to fill it up. And fill it in its side like the manual states. The Goliath is also a great choice.

I had considered the Delta II but didn't want to mention anything I'd look at as I didn't want to sway the results. But with that, don't you have to purchase the rebuildable separate?

I would have to disagree. A properly built SubTank Mini or SubTank Plus can put out just as much (if not more) flavor and vapor as the Kayfun. I own both, (authentic) and I still find myself reaching for my SubTank Plus when I'm headed out the door.

Speaking of the Subtank plus, have you tried the "original" Subtank? I ask because, while I have not tried a Plus, I've heard from friends who have them that are more airy and as such, tend to do produce less flavor. Thoughts on this?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Uh oh careful rox or they will revoke your tootle privileges lol
Actually, for an experiment, I just dialed down my Cthulhu to 7.5 watts on my Istick30. It will tootle puff all day long like that. It gave me a draw and vapor that reminded me of drawing on a Nautilus tank, but more flavor!

Soooo, tootle away on the Cthulhu if you wish!

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Interesting it doesn't say its a clone, but the box isn't the same.

That's right - usually it either says authentic or style. And in one of the discussions a person said he wrote to FT about supplying a Cthulu and they practically had it on the next day. So I really can't tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread