eGo One battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irontoiron

May 12, 2015
Yes, it is considered a mod. No, it does not have variable voltage. You can think of it as basically a mech mod, but with protections. When fully charged, it will provide a full 4.2 volts. As the battery charge drops, the voltage it provides drops as well.
Well that's no win if the voltage drop with the batt juice drops

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Is the joytech eGo One battery considered a MOD battery? I was thinking about getting a 1100mah with the Nautilus mini tank but afraid It's too big. And does anyone know If the eGo One has a variable voltage?

The typical ego sized battery is 14mm diameter

the ego one seems to be 19mm diameter.
and it charges via usb.
No screen, no adjustment; fixed internal battery.
(oh! but it does have a battery charge indication)

I'd consider it a fat version of an ego battery.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Is the joytech eGo One battery considered a MOD battery? I was thinking about getting a 1100mah with the Nautilus mini tank but afraid It's too big. And does anyone know If the eGo One has a variable voltage?
I'd say it's a very small mod. The 1100mah one is about 4 1/2 inches long with the tank on it and 19mm or so wide. a bit bigger than an ego and smaller than an 18650 mod.

crunchie812

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
The 1100mah is tiny, about the same height as an old eGo-T 650mah, only 18mm thick. No vv. Works like a dream with my GS Air MS tanks. The nautilus mini will look big sitting on the 1100. I sold my iStick 20w after I tried the eGo One.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Think this is a pic of the ego one and nautilis mini.

eGo one mod | E-Cigarette Forum

By the way all batteries drop voltage. With mechs they start out as 4.2 rapidly drop to around 3.9 then hover between 3.7-3.9 for a long time before the drop faster down to cut off. 3.3 for the ego one. 3.7 and 3.9 on a 1.8ohm coil is practically the same. That would be 7.6 watts to 8.5 watts. This is not taking into count the voltage drop of the device itself. I can tell a small difference between 7.6 and 8.5 but not much.

Reactions: Baditude

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
If you don't want the effects of a drop in voltage as the battery discharges, then you need a regulated mod. If all you are planning on using on it is a Nautilus, then you don't need one with a tons of power. Anything that can output up to 15 or 20 watts will be fine. My friend uses a Nautilus on an iTaste VV4 and she is perfectly happy with it. The Aspire CF line are also unregulated mods, so the voltage will drop as the battery discharges, which means the wattage will drop as well.

You could look at the tube style mods like the Provaris or the Vamos. I believe those are both regulated mods and are VV/VW mods that will put out the power based on what you have it set at, regardless of the power left in the battery. If you're not stuck on the tube style form factor and are ok with a box mod, then your choices opens up considerably. You can go with the "half-size" box mods like the Kanger KBox or the new Subox, IPV Mini 2 or iStick 30, or if you want the "full-size" box mods then you have the Vaporshark, MVP, IPV's, and Sigelei's to choose from for starters.

Irontoiron

May 12, 2015
If you don't want the effects of a drop in voltage as the battery discharges, then you need a regulated mod. If all you are planning on using on it is a Nautilus, then you don't need one with a tons of power. Anything that can output up to 15 or 20 watts will be fine. My friend uses a Nautilus on an iTaste VV4 and she is perfectly happy with it. The Aspire CF line are also unregulated mods, so the voltage will drop as the battery discharges, which means the wattage will drop as well.

You could look at the tube style mods like the Provaris or the Vamos. I believe those are both regulated mods and are VV/VW mods that will put out the power based on what you have it set at, regardless of the power left in the battery. If you're not stuck on the tube style form factor and are ok with a box mod, then your choices opens up considerably. You can go with the "half-size" box mods like the Kanger KBox or the new Subox, IPV Mini 2 or iStick 30, or if you want the "full-size" box mods then you have the Vaporshark, MVP, IPV's, and Sigelei's to choose from for starters.
What type of battery MOD do you suggest for the Nautilus....man I was trying to stay away from the MOD's but the Nautilus on any other battery would look ridiculous top heavy and all, like an eGo One battery

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
What type of battery MOD do you suggest for the Nautilus....man I was trying to stay away from the MOD's but the Nautilus on any other battery would look ridiculous top heavy and all, like an eGo One battery

The Nautilus Mini will look nice on the eGo One battery, as will the Subtank Nano. If you want to go with the full size Nautilus, you can consider one of the Aspire tube batteries. They are a bit on the thicker side so it will match nicely.

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA

"afraid It's too big"

By "It", I assume you mean the Nautilus mini is too big... I don't think it will be.

I don't have a Nautilus mini, so can't say for sure on that one... but the Subtank Nano is exactly the same diameter as an Ego ONE battery -- 19mm... which, by the way, I don't consider to be a "Mod". It's not "Modified", it's a battery.

Pics below for comparison, click thumbnails for larger images:

1. Ego ONE atty tank on Ego ONE 1100mah battery
2. Subtank Nano on Ego ONE 2200mah battery in a modified Minimag 2x AA flashlight holster
3. Lemo on iStick 20, Igo-L dripper on 1100mah ONE battery, Bic lighter, Nano on 2200mah ONE battery

DSC_2473.JPG DSC_2489.JPG DSC_2530.JPG

I luv the little Ego ONE system, makes a nice complement to my other gear.

Good Luck

Irontoiron

May 12, 2015
The Nautilus Mini will look nice on the eGo One battery, as will the Subtank Nano. If you want to go with the full size Nautilus, you can consider one of the Aspire tube batteries. They are a bit on the thicker side so it will match nicely.
Nice! yeah that's what I'm looking for, going to go with that set-up. Aspire makes good stuff aye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread