Does this seem right to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalidmna

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Liverpool, UK
I was thinking of buying a really popular eliquid recently. I always keep my eliquids out of reach from my kids, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy this particular eliquid because of the packaging and the thought that it just looked too much like something kids would mistake for candy. Anyway this is the eliquid:

mr_cookie__83615.1417104738.400.400.png

I hate all the media reports that say eliquid flavours are attracting kids when vendors never sell to under 18s, but I think packaging like this isn't helping either.

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
Hadn't seen this, glad you posted it. You would think that with pending regulations juice companies would be more responsible with their labeling. I can just see some politician on the news waving this bottle around, great ammunition for the ANTZ community....:facepalm:

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I was thinking of buying a really popular eliquid recently. I always keep my eliquids out of reach from my kids, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy this particular eliquid because of the packaging and the thought that it just looked too much like something kids would mistake for candy. Anyway this is the eliquid:
Don't deprive yourself of something you may really enjoy because of public views you may or may not agree with, buy it, put it in a plastic bottle and label it however you like. Mr. Cookie is quite good, I've got a friend who goes through a bottle of it a week and I must admit that until I read this thread I never once perceived the art work on the bottle to be marketed towards minors in any way.

YOUR perception is what matters here, don't let the public perception run yours over.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
We are all "concerned for our cause"...but hear me out...

I've been thinking on this all afternoon and finally think I know what is bothering me...

...isn't this a bit like the flavor deal ?

Adults can't like "cute" either ?

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Exactly what I thought Classwife!

Adults like candy.
Adults like cookies.
Adults like bright colors.
Adults like cartoons.

My "baby" has been an adult for many years now. I tire of having to give up my adult rights because other people won't parent their children.

And as far as a politician holding the bottle for a press opp - well, if it isn't this, it will be something. They don't care about children, that's just a convenient excuse.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I honestly don't care what the label looks like as long as the jooz is good & as a responsible adult I wouldn't have my jooz where kids could get to it anyway.
I think people are forgetting that many companies were using *cute* labels long before vaping grew in popularity & folks started talking regs.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
i see nothing wrong with labeling and pictures of it. I mean, its not like they are labeling it as "childrens extremely tasty snack candy for children" or anything, its just pictures and colors, what deems us the right to say what is attractive to only children and not adults? I agree that this is no different than the whole "candy/sweet type flavoring aimed at children" type deal they are trying to say to get rid of flavored eliquid.

Last edited:

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
This is the thought process that is going to make e juice cost $12 per ml.

I sincerely hope y'all get what you're asking for.

Put your e juice OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

OR

JUST NO LONGER BUY FROM THAT VENDOR AND TELL HIM WHY.

Please DON'T invite the .gov in to eff things up for me.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
We are all "concerned for our cause"...but hear me out...

I've been thinking on this all afternoon and finally think I know what is bothering me...

...isn't this a bit like the flavor deal ?

Adults can't like "cute" either ?
Thank you classwife. You put into words exactly what I was thinking but didn't want to come across as argumentative.

I'd sooner shame the company over the typography and general graphic design fail. Why must vape logos look like they were doodled in the notebooks of angsty teens, and the graphics look like someone set their grandmas up with a clipart gallery and MS Word? I know plenty of freelance designers that would probably just do the work for portfolio exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread