Not open for further replies.

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
It kinda is.

That is, until the Boxer's or Harkin's or Diana F's of the world hold up a Bottle of this e-liquid during a FDA Deeming Senate approval Hearing.

They will hold up a pile of dog poo to further their agenda. After all, kids get into dog poo all the time.

Reactions: KattMamma

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I know the kind of world we live in now - and it sucks.

Politicians will use any and every tool they can - especially lying and cheating - to get what they want (more power and more money)

Corporations - see above

Parents - there are exceptions, but far too many want the rest of the world to be "childproof" so they don't have to do their job

I'm desperately trying to maintain that I am a responsible adult, and deserve to be treated as such.

(The design really isn't that appealing, but it's "supposedly" a free country, let them make their design mistakes - hopefully they'll hire a designer next time. And I highly doubt any of the people involved in this design had any thoughts about children, since that was not who they intended to sell to)

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Cute kiddie labels and bottle designs have no place on a bottle that contains a deadly poisonous liquid. It's irresponsible and is driven by nothing more then almighty profits and greed...are we not seeing enough of that with the powers that be? I keep hearing how they don't care about our children or us and i agree...but clearly neither do some in the vaping industry either who do business this way.
OMG! May as well ban fruitloops!
Check this out......are we now gonna go on a quest to not buy all jooz that comes in cute bottles?
Hell even Vodka has names that is more appealing to children but it's for adults. Anyone here stop buying it for the sake of the children?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
They will hold up a pile of dog poo to further their agenda. After all, kids get into dog poo all the time.

Yeah... But there are a lot of Registered Voters and Campaign Contributors who are on the Fence when it comes to e-Cigarettes.

When a Boxer or Dinae F holds up Dog Crap and says that e-Cigarettes needs to be Severely Regulated because they are being Marketed towards Kids, Nobody is going to Listen.

But when they Hold up the OP's Bottle of e-Liquid and say the Same Thing, MANY People are going to Stand Up and Listen.

Do we Need this type of Attention? Or the Message it sends to Many People?

Reactions: YoursTruli

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I've only been to a few vape shops, but none that I have been to have their bottles displayed out front at "kiddie eye level" to entice their youthful, innocent desires. Don't buy it, or if you do, keep it in a secure place if you have "children" around. If they are old enough to peruse the internet and stumble across it, they are old enough to know the difference.

Could this be a contributing negative in the argument against vaping? Absolutely. But it is just one small cog in the wheels of regulation.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Just curious...does anyone here think this looks like candy? I'll come back and explain later after reading your responses.

creon1.jpg

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
We are all "concerned for our cause"...but hear me out...

I've been thinking on this all afternoon and finally think I know what is bothering me...

...isn't this a bit like the flavor deal ?

Adults can't like "cute" either ?

You said it better than I was going to. I agree with you. I like cute designs. I've posted pictures on twitter of eliquids with cute designs on the labels and been attacked for buying them. I buy what I like, If others don't like it, they don't have to buy it.
...and why didn't they go after Sanrio for marketing something like this??? :unsure:

Anggur-Xb.jpg~original

(although I will admit to having a 'Hello Kitty' watch... :facepalm: )

I love Hello Kitty and would be all over some HK e-liquid.

Reactions: freepoet

LewAz

Apr 2, 2015
Great American Southwest
Don't deprive yourself of something you may really enjoy because of public views you may or may not agree with, buy it, put it in a plastic bottle and label it however you like. Mr. Cookie is quite good, I've got a friend who goes through a bottle of it a week and I must admit that until I read this thread I never once perceived the art work on the bottle to be marketed towards minors in any way.

YOUR perception is what matters here, don't let the public perception run yours over.
What is reality? Everything is subjective

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I was thinking of buying a really popular eliquid recently. I always keep my eliquids out of reach from my kids, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy this particular eliquid because of the packaging and the thought that it just looked too much like something kids would mistake for candy. Anyway this is the eliquid:

mr_cookie__83615.1417104738.400.400.png

I hate all the media reports that say eliquid flavours are attracting kids when vendors never sell to under 18s, but I think packaging like this isn't helping either.

I've seen worse.

If you enjoy the flavor but don't agree with the logo, you can buy empty e-juice bottles super-cheap online and store the juice in those, if that isn't too much trouble. Labeling is as cheap as a Sharpee pen.

Otherwise, keep that blank OUT OF REACH of kids. That falls squarely and entirely on the shoulders of parents.

And if you don't agree with the logo, don't buy it.

EDIT: P.S., I've had that flavor before and it's quite tasty.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
It is medicine. I have to take it when I eat. Adults never notice, but every kid does. And every kid has thought it was candy ?? I tell them its medicine, but they don't believe me. And next thing I know there's a giant scene because kid is angry that I have candy and s/he doesn't. I've never understood why they all think its candy.

So I bring this up because that e liquid sure looks yummier than my medicine. If kids think my medicine is candy, I don't doubt they would think that e liquid is.

Reactions: Racehorse

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
It is medicine. I have to take it when I eat. Adults never notice, but every kid does. And every kid has thought it was candy ?? I tell them its medicine, but they don't believe me. And next thing I know there's a giant scene because kid is angry that I have candy and s/he doesn't. I've never understood why they all think its candy.

So I bring this up because that e liquid sure looks yummier than my medicine. If kids think my medicine is candy, I don't doubt they would think that e liquid is.

im not sure about liquid candy. I wouldnt be tempted to go through the pantry open a bottle of liquid and gurgle it down.

Those flintstone vitamins though....
or Vitamin gummies.

I went through the cabinet as a kid and ate a bunch of flintstones vitamins and a bunch of these orange super sweet tasting candy vitamin c tablets i think they were. Apparently you could get sick by eating too many vitamins, luckily somehow, I dont think i ever got sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread