The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Does this seem right to you?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by khalidmna, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. khalidmna

khalidmna Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2014
    Liverpool, UK
    I was thinking of buying a really popular eliquid recently. I always keep my eliquids out of reach from my kids, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy this particular eliquid because of the packaging and the thought that it just looked too much like something kids would mistake for candy. Anyway this is the eliquid:

[​IMG]

I hate all the media reports that say eliquid flavours are attracting kids when vendors never sell to under 18s, but I think packaging like this isn't helping either.

• Like Like x 23
  2. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    There's one out there that comes in a little bear shaped bottle like the honey.
    Another has lollipops on the labels.

They are def not helping the perception any

• Like Like x 9
  3. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    No, they definitely aren't helping the cause. I think I would pull the label off that or cover it with plain paper if I had small children.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Brotolemaeus

Brotolemaeus Full Member Verified Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Ansbach, Germany
    I go out of my way to not buy from vendors/juice sellers who have "kiddy" bottle or designs. It only hurts us.

• Like Like x 13
  5. Robert Cromwell

Robert Cromwell Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Now now we all know that the industry will regulate itself /sarcasm off.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rule62

Rule62 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I agree. When we are hearing almost every day in media reports that ecig companies are marketing to attract children, this labeling is irresponsible. Certainly not helping the cause.

• Like Like x 6
  7. skoony

skoony Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2013
    saint paul,mn,usa
    looks like it is time to teach the kids what the word no means.
    regards
    mike

• Like Like x 31
  8. Kim B.

Kim B. Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2013
    STL MO
    Hadn't seen this, glad you posted it. You would think that with pending regulations juice companies would be more responsible with their labeling. I can just see some politician on the news waving this bottle around, great ammunition for the ANTZ community....:facepalm:

• Like Like x 4
  9. SissySpike

SissySpike Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2012
    San Diego CA
    I think all juice bottles should have naked people on them so there is no mistaking it has adult content.

• Like Like x 52
  10. Froth

Froth Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2014
    Chipotle.
    Don't deprive yourself of something you may really enjoy because of public views you may or may not agree with, buy it, put it in a plastic bottle and label it however you like. Mr. Cookie is quite good, I've got a friend who goes through a bottle of it a week and I must admit that until I read this thread I never once perceived the art work on the bottle to be marketed towards minors in any way.

YOUR perception is what matters here, don't let the public perception run yours over.

• Like Like x 16
  11. jaytex1969

jaytex1969 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2015
    Austin, TX
    Before the lawyers took over our republic, we had some very effective and low cost methods of handling these things.

Here's a blast from the past from my earliest childhood days...

Jay :headbang:

• Like Like x 11
  12. Matty316

Matty316 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2014
    Hull, England
    I agree this really does not help with public perception. Theres got to be better ways of branding your e liquid than making it look like something you would get on a kids sweet wrapper.

• Like Like x 2
  13. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    We are all "concerned for our cause"...but hear me out...

I've been thinking on this all afternoon and finally think I know what is bothering me...

...isn't this a bit like the flavor deal ?

Adults can't like "cute" either ?

• Like Like x 31
  14. KattMamma

KattMamma Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2015
    DFW Area, Texas
    Exactly what I thought Classwife!

Adults like candy.
    Adults like cookies.
    Adults like bright colors.
    Adults like cartoons.

My "baby" has been an adult for many years now. I tire of having to give up my adult rights because other people won't parent their children.

And as far as a politician holding the bottle for a press opp - well, if it isn't this, it will be something. They don't care about children, that's just a convenient excuse.

• Like Like x 32
  15. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    I honestly don't care what the label looks like as long as the jooz is good & as a responsible adult I wouldn't have my jooz where kids could get to it anyway.
    I think people are forgetting that many companies were using *cute* labels long before vaping grew in popularity & folks started talking regs.

• Like Like x 11
  16. alicewonderland

alicewonderland Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2012
    i see nothing wrong with labeling and pictures of it. I mean, its not like they are labeling it as "childrens extremely tasty snack candy for children" or anything, its just pictures and colors, what deems us the right to say what is attractive to only children and not adults? I agree that this is no different than the whole "candy/sweet type flavoring aimed at children" type deal they are trying to say to get rid of flavored eliquid.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Jethead

Jethead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    Hampton, Virginia
    This is the thought process that is going to make e juice cost $12 per ml.

I sincerely hope y'all get what you're asking for.

Put your e juice OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

OR

JUST NO LONGER BUY FROM THAT VENDOR AND TELL HIM WHY.

Please DON'T invite the .gov in to eff things up for me.

• Like Like x 10
  18. Jethead

Jethead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    Hampton, Virginia
    I need a Valium

• Like Like x 9
  19. mattiem

mattiem ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thank you classwife. You put into words exactly what I was thinking but didn't want to come across as argumentative.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Signmaker

Signmaker Super Member

I'd sooner shame the company over the typography and general graphic design fail. Why must vape logos look like they were doodled in the notebooks of angsty teens, and the graphics look like someone set their grandmas up with a clipart gallery and MS Word? I know plenty of freelance designers that would probably just do the work for portfolio exposure.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.