Bad taste when vaping on kanger pro tank mini3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbergsing75

May 19, 2015
I am new to vaping. I am starting out on a kanger protank mini3. I recently replaced the coil, cleaned it, reassembled and changed out the juice. My problem is that every few hits, it tastes really bad. I read that it could be a dry hit, so I tried to work on that. I did dry burns and primed it without pressing the button. I even loosened the coil slightly making sure it had good air flow. I am completely befuddled. It's not constant, just every 6-8 hits it so. Any advice would be sooo appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: Carol Kane

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I does sound like you are getting dry hits. Your juice may be to thick and thus not able to wick fast enough to keep up with you. I have also had that problem if I fill mine up all the way. You may want to just fill it 3/4 full and try that. If that doesn't help you may need to thin your juice with just the tiniest bit of distilled water. HTH

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Possible causes for dry hits:
Wattage/voltage too high - Decrease wattage/voltage
Air flow too 'loose' causing weak vacuum within the tank - Adjust AFC to decrease air flow.
High VG juice (thick) requires more vacuum to ensure good wicking - Buy juice with higher PG content
Long and/or frequent draws not allowing sufficient time for the wick to saturate - Allow a few seconds between puffs or dry puff between draws
Lung hits - PT's are more suited for MTL vaping

Good Luck

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Give it a couple of primer puffs after your 6th or 8th vape to make sure you don't get the dry hits. That said I wouldn't loosen the coil for more airflow since that might lead to leaking from the bottom. I would loosen the whole atty slightly to improve airflow if the air coming through the air holes is not enough.
Good luck.

Reactions: mattiem

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
search vapers tongue on here using the search function. A couple of current threads going on now. I had a similar issue about 2 weeks into vaping turned out it was the artificial iingredients in most juice that caused my problems. I now make my juice with no artificial ingredients. It took 2-3 days for my mouth to about get back to normal. I vaped some Clayton tobacco flavor while recovering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread