Coronavirus and ordering from China

Status
Not open for further replies.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I was going to order some stuff from fasttech and saw this on the website.

"Service alert: the ongoing coronavirus spread is placing China under defecto lockdown.
Local labor policy currently prevents staffs from returning to work as scheduled.
Customer service is available with limited capacity at this time as we work from home.
Shipping is now expected to resume normal service on February 10, 2020. More details to follow"

Is anyone worried about ordering from China?

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I was going to order some stuff from fasttech and saw this on the website.

"Service alert: the ongoing coronavirus spread is placing China under defecto lockdown.
Local labor policy currently prevents staffs from returning to work as scheduled.
Customer service is available with limited capacity at this time as we work from home.
Shipping is now expected to resume normal service on February 10, 2020. More details to follow"

No, I am not. I have three Entheons on the way, I'll treat them as I treat every atomizer, regardless of origin, and use them as I have used them all.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I think I might be the only person on this forum who's never ordered any vape-goods from China...

But my business gets some custom cable assemblies from there, and only because nobody is willing to make them in the USA at any price.

I'm not worried about it. Supposedly this virus can only survive on inanimate objects for a few days.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um, only if my AMERICAN mailman has it and is pre-symptomatic.

Look China's ALWAYS having a hard time with SOMETHING. If it's not tanks running over kids, it's like, a pandemic or starving epidemic or placing one's girl children out in the snow to die.

It's China. Let's face it China has a TON of bad luck, and it sort of just pushes through and we get all agitated for a minute and go back to ignoring it.

It's kind of how cars kill kids #1 and everyone ignores it and teaches their kid to drive at 16.

I MEAN. You know how many people the flu kills every year? A LOT that is how many,. Also, they have begun figuring out that the vaccine grows LESS effective every year you get older HOW unfair is that? They are actually recommending babies and the elderly now get 2 shots a season. Dude.

I can't tell if it's all SCIENCE or like, the aliens are experimenting on us further or what.

If it leads to less death though I don't know if I can complain.

If I don't get given the PNEUMONIA vaccine soon I am willing to get very pissy. I am going to ask my local CVS they are actually one of the MOST competent health facilities around here man. They offer it I bet they find a way...

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
YOU DO NOT THINK ABOUT THESE THINGS!!! Who knows WHAT kid SPAT into something you are about to buy!!!!!!!!!!!

Argh all this hygiene stuff.. The best thing you need is a GOOD, well used and functioning immune system, man!

You know how you get that? Dirt. Let your kids get good and dirty do NOT sanitize a pacifier if a homeless person looks at it funny. If it falls on the ground and gets grounded, give it a good five second suck, and shove it back in the kid's mouth.

Believe me, I was a HIPPIE mom, my kid got plenty of DIRT! He had his share of illness growing up, we treated it, he is a SUPER healthy adult and he was allergic to 19 things! 19! So we did allergy shots for 5 years (never missed a shot) and now he is fine.

You just really need to combine the magic of dirt, germs and immune systems with the magic of modern medicine and all will be well! For developed countries anyway (except America's poor birthrates but I think that's due to all the drug babies, actually) but otherwise, FORGET it.

Don't use the wipes on the cart, buy your food, wash it (and your hands) and like, TOTES FINE.

I really need to teach a dirt seminar to new moms at my work. I bet they won't let me. LOL probably not.

The sickly kids in kinder are the ones with parents who have 89 pacifiers they boil at all times to avoid "dirt and germs."

Dirt and germs EXIST!!!! They are here and your immune system is here to say YAY I GOT WORK TO DO!! Thanks for teaching me how to LIVE!

I swear, I gotta shut up about the health stuff it is AGITATING me today. Dude.

Anna

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Very good point! Also, if you want to worry, think about all the germs on the entrance door and other things people touch in public places.

I’m sure one can get sick licking door knobs but we’ve built an immune for many of these germs. That said, the Novel Coronavirus is a virus and a new one with first recorded human infection being this past December. SARS is also a forum of Coronavirus and one (according to Wiki) that has a higher infection rate than the flu. Researchers estimate the Novel Coronavirus has an equivalent infection rate to SARS.

1 employee going to work infected by SARS or the Novel can wipe out a small company. Business may evaluate risk, and or implement a disaster prevention plan which can include shutting down operation until the risk has been reduced. OR...in this case, the Chinese government has implemented a quarantine.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well the Chinese government is smart.

Although I might point out PPE works JUST as well,, except it's HUMAN beings using it, so they suck.

I once quit a very good hospital paying job after watching nurses take "standard universal precautions" for MRSA for a while.

I was like, I like this money but it will do me no good if I get MRSA.

Also, Tucson is doomed. I forget WHAT horrible virus like a Tucson hospital thought they got but NO ONE knew the isolation procedures NO ONE. They had to wait around for HOURS for a Phoenix team to come in and fix them.

Which is why I have told the husband to take me to Phoenix, should it be needed.. I mean, it's not THAT much further, honestly,.

It turned out not to be the dire illness they THOUGHT but it was impressively.,, Unimpressive.

Honestly it's NOT just like, illness that makes hospitals THE most fatal places on earth.

HUMAN ERROR

John's Hopkins once cut off the wrong diabetic's leg, ,while I was there .They hushed it up and paid off the guy but this is HOPKINS we are talking about.

Oddly during my stay at the Methadone clinic we had like 68% HIV and 62% HEP C.

No gloves, we all held hands at then end of each group session.

You do have to work at catching some stuff .The majority of the ill do not WANT to transmit to you.

Anna

ARGH. MUST STOP. No more health! And like yoga! ECIGS made all these rants possible because I'd be to tired with my oxygen tank!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I think I might be the only person on this forum who's never ordered any vape-goods from China....
Wow. Seven years (at least), and nothing? How have you avoided that, and what equipment did you use? You bought everything from vape shops, or what? Or you use only US products? I mean, I think I've seen posts of yours that you found what you like, and haven't been chasing the latest, greatest.....but yeah. You might BE the only ECF member that hasn't!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Smells like a conspiracy theory to me. It's too... overenthusiastic. Too many exclamation points! Too many "Make no mistake!"s.

I have learned to spot a conspiracy theory from a mile away, and if this isn't one, well it's just extremely poor journalism then. They should chill the (censored) out, is what I am saying.

I DO have worries. Unless I want to go to Food City (I do not, mine smells like hay and the produce is awful) I will be forced to buy dwindling supplies from my Walmart, which is pretty much "a lot of everything from China" and I don't want to run out of my needed items.

It's Amazon that may benefit from all of this.

I just wish.... IDK it is spreading nice and quickly but honestly, I do trust pandemics to be dealt with very, very rapidly if they are real. Whether it's treatment, a vaccine IDK.

I just don't think China is that into like military grade viruses although WHO knows. China is in this for the long game. But I sort of think it would like to own the world, not kill it (well except for Chinese baby number 3.)

I'm just not buying much of it, and we all know how the media gets during pandemic season. They LOSE they DANG MINDS. It's almost as good a hurricane.

I swear, the husband is driving me batty. I had to re well essentially write an email to this dude we may be hiring.

Engineers don't write English. I told the husband I had CRUD to do tomorrow and that included getting ready for my work week so he better Chlllll OUT.

That is my primary problem not whether this sucker is a military virus. It does not make it any MORE or LESS scary at ALL, and to any military making viruses they don't have antidotes too, I say, :"YOU are a DARNED idiot of a military you twerps."

Anna

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
No just got a package yesterday from China. I will hold off on ordering more but only because it is not likely to be shipped out for a couple weeks. Looks like a whole country shutdown.

Hope they get it cleared up and don't have a major problem.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
This is no theory, it said that the evidence is irrefutable. So who am I to refute it, no one that’s who. Not to mention the pics of documentation that prove those sneaky Chinese were up to no good.
Oh and to address the OP, I’m not worried. It did cross my mind when I opened the package I received from China the other day but only momentarily. It was like, “I wonder if the Coronavirus could live on my package and get me infected?” Then I quickly forgot about it and went on with my day. I don’t know the incubation period for this disease but if I get it in the near future I’ll let y’all know so you can spray some Lysol on your Chinese vape mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread