Coronavirus and ordering from China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
As a healthcare provider and immuno-compromised I'm not freaking out yet. I would suggest obtaining real information (however, the virus is new). Here is a link to current CDC info..https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=30&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiZr768rLPnAhXJGM0KHVLkBloQFjAdegQIBRAB&url=https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html&usg=AOvVaw1yrSXrqhwi5NOvQe9eP6W8
I agree that CDC is almost certainly a better source than Hal Turner or Natural News. But it doesn't take a long memory to recall their blatant & deliberate misinformation about vaping. Hopefully they have no agenda in this case- can't imagine what it would be. Like you said, it's new, and their message will evolve.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know I have just adapted this attitude as I age that everything's gonna be just fine. Like with the house, I told my future doctor husband (the one whose wife died) "You know, everyone's safe, that's what matters" and he was like, "Dude, I would not have that attitude about it." and I was like, "Eh what can you do?"

Even my sis was like, "OMG I can't believe how many HORRIBLE things happen to you guys, it's really epic."

And I was like, "Eh what can you do, don't ask me, man, it is what it is."

Although I did tell her one time I was secretly jealous I was the OLDER sister because she has this totally manageable type of bipolar type 2 and the perfect husband and 2 perfect kids and she works a REALLY crazy job and I thought maybe if the order had been reversed, like, things would have gone better for me..

I don't really regret the Bipolar I to be honest. It widens my spheres a bit to have had some REALLY intense manic episodes and to know the oddities that I believe... I know. I j just really regret having to have an abortion because a safe med for pregnancy gave me side effects LONG after they were supposed to appear and I was in the burn unit and ALL my docs were like, "Anna, yeah yo can love a neural tube baby, I'm sure but can you do it sick and working (I had the benefits) and take care of the REST of your family."

That is like THING number one I am taking up with my Creator when I get up there: WHY did you do that to me? THAT SUCKED.

Oh well, I suppose it increased my empathy or whatever. I can totally talk a girl through an abortion if she wants one, I will go with her if she wishes, and most of the female docs are like, paralyzed. I am like, "It happens, and there are times it is right it happens," I guess I sort of have a good attitude about that too I just decided to mentally adopt any girl I worked with, and it was usually helpful because many teen girls SUUCK.
Anna

Anna

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I think I might be the only person on this forum who's never ordered any vape-goods from China...

But my business gets some custom cable assemblies from there, and only because nobody is willing to make them in the USA at any price.

I'm not worried about it. Supposedly this virus can only survive on inanimate objects for a few days.
I heard that too about only surviving days and it takes weeks to get an order usually. I only order vape related stuff --- not e juice or anything. Mostly decks for RTA's, drip tips and usually smaller accessory type of things. I had only ordered from fasttech for a few years. I tried sourcemore not too long ago because they had a sale and I got some great spare tanks -- brand names --dirt cheap

Reactions: stols001

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
This is no theory, it said that the evidence is irrefutable. So who am I to refute it, no one that’s who. Not to mention the pics of documentation that prove those sneaky Chinese were up to no good.
Oh and to address the OP, I’m not worried. It did cross my mind when I opened the package I received from China the other day but only momentarily. It was like, “I wonder if the Coronavirus could live on my package and get me infected?” Then I quickly forgot about it and went on with my day. I don’t know the incubation period for this disease but if I get it in the near future I’ll let y’all know so you can spray some Lysol on your Chinese vape mail.
I had two things arrive from China --yesterday so you know they were in transit long before (I think) all the virus stuff and I sprayed the envelopes with lysol, then opened the envelopes and lysol'd all that ----- funny!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I had two things arrive from China --yesterday so you know they were in transit long before (I think) all the virus stuff and I sprayed the envelopes with lysol, then opened the envelopes and lysol'd all that ----- funny!
huQ7JeQ.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: MacTechVpr

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
puffon, I am one of those conspiracy nuts (more or less)... I won't say much (not the place for that) but yes, most major outbreaks are likely caused by the government research (shhh... did I say that out loud)
Getting off topic but I agree -- crack ....... created by the CIA and or US Gov. 1933 - Gov't created segregated housing, In the early 40's the gov't sprayed a bacteria over San Francisco that caused illness and deaths. In the late 50s, our wonderful gov't conducted a bunch of nuclear explosions in Nevada knowing it would (and did) cause thyroid cancer. I could go on and on ---

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
As a healthcare provider and immuno-compromised I'm not freaking out yet. I would suggest obtaining real information (however, the virus is new). Here is a link to current CDC info..https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=30&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiZr768rLPnAhXJGM0KHVLkBloQFjAdegQIBRAB&url=https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html&usg=AOvVaw1yrSXrqhwi5NOvQe9eP6W8
I saw that already and it is filled with a lot of, "I don't knows --- "it seems"..... etc".

steamhunter

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, GA
You will NOT catch this virus by ordering stuff from China, the virus can not survive for long outside a host.

according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"Because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures," the CDC concludes.
source

I hope they will defeat this virus with the minimum of losses since economical situation is already tough. Several of my parcels were delayed because of this (logistic issues), and sellers have contacted me - apologizing.

Ehm, url was auto-deleted guess, since I wasn't active for a long period of time, but you can just google this quote and find the source.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I'm not worried. I use American Express for all Chinese purchases. They have my back.

But seriously, no, I'm not worried about it.
I am more concerned now with 600+ dead more than 31,000 affected. I guess with a 3-day wait sometimes for product we should be good but I am more concerned now than I initially was.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Supposedly this virus can only survive on inanimate objects for a few days.
I take that back.

Here's an older study of corona viruses:
Effects of Air Temperature and Relative Humidity on Coronavirus Survival on Surfaces

It seems that their ability to survive on inert surfaces is greatly dependent on environmental conditions, and in the best case, they could remain viable for up to 28 days. :blink:

Now such conditions are highly unlikely in a package being shipped from China, but maybe the "few days" we've been talking about might just be a tad optimistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread