Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Hi I have been trying to sort out all the information about the May 2020 deadline Does anyone know if this is being challenged in any legal way ? also does this just mean all of us who vape are screwed? Sorry meant pmta
Every challenge heard in the courts to date has failed. I do not have high hopes for the one or two that are still pending.

How screwed you are depends:
1) There will almost certainly be a few products that have PMTAs submitted and eventually approved. If you're willing to use one of them, you can continue to vape.
2) There will definitely be an "informal" market, just like there has always been for anything that's over-taxed, over-regulated, or outright forbidden. If you're willing to seek it out and accept the inherent risks of doing so, you can can continue to vape.
3) It's not too late to "prep". Buy a bunch of nic base, put it in your freezer, and learn to make your own juice. Buy some quality gear; mods with removable batteries and rebuildable atties. Then you can continue to vape.

Personally, I've gone with 3), as have many people on this forum.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

3) It's not too late to "prep". Buy a bunch of nic base, put it in your freezer, and learn to make your own juice. Buy some quality gear; mods with removable batteries and rebuildable atties. Then you can continue to vape.

Personally, I've gone with 3), as have many people on this forum.

Winner_.png

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I also fall into the third option. I was wondering about nicotine base since it my biggest worry about running out of one day. Would someone be able to sell nicotine as a pesticide in order to get around any extreme taxing or limits on mg’s by listing it as not for human consumption? Nicotine is excellent at killing bugs so it seems like a possible loophole to continue selling without the government slapping restrictions and taxes on it. Only issue would be purity of the product which is always the problem when the government bans something the public wants. It’s amazing how these politicians are incapable of learning from their colleagues and predecessors past mistakes. It’s like they all have on blinders, just focused on the almighty dollar.

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
I also fall into the third option. I was wondering about nicotine base since it my biggest worry about running out of one day. Would someone be able to sell nicotine as a pesticide in order to get around any extreme taxing or limits on mg’s by listing it as not for human consumption? Nicotine is excellent at killing bugs so it seems like a possible loophole to continue selling without the government slapping restrictions and taxes on it. Only issue would be purity of the product which is always the problem when the government bans something the public wants. It’s amazing how these politicians are incapable of learning from their colleagues and predecessors past mistakes. It’s like they all have on blinders, just focused on the almighty dollar.
I had posed that same question months ago, in fact I mentioned it to Heartland Vapes as a business move for them back in 2016, which intrigued him. But someone ( @Rossum ?) had a reason why that would not work... I can't remember exactly, but I think it had to do with something about nic no longer being approved as a pesticide or something like that... don't quote me though.

Reactions: madstabber

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Just for Fun, say a Company wanted to sell 100mg/ml PG Based Multi-Purpose "Pesticide". I wonder what the the Regulatory Hurdles would be to bring a Pesticide to market?

10 Year EPA Studies?
Clean Water Act Evaluations?
Human Toxicity Clinical Trials?
STB (Save the Bugs) Lawsuits?

LOL

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Just for Fun, say a Company wanted to sell 100mg/ml PG Based Multi-Purpose "Pesticide". I wonder what the the Regulatory Hurdles would be to bring a Pesticide to market?

10 Year EPA Studies?
Clean Water Act Evaluations?
Human Toxicity Clinical Trials?
STB (Save the Bugs) Lawsuits?
Yep, and you can bet that to get approval, it would have to be "denatured" in some way, to ensure that the children didn't use it to refill their vape devices..

• Agree

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yep, and you can bet that to get approval, it would have to be "denatured" in some way, to ensure that the children didn't use it to refill their vape devices..

Maybe they could just put a Pluid type Dye in it that would turn your Tongue florescent green.

Then Schools and Parents could do DMC's (Daily Mouth Checks) for underage users.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Maybe they could just put a Pluid type Dye in it that would turn a your Tongue florescent green.
Then Schools and Parents could do DMC's (Daily Mouth Checks) for underage users.
I've never had Pluid. Does it turn a person's tongue green?

Historically, things have been "denatured" in far less friendly ways.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Not sure if it Does or Doesn't. I've never used it either.

I know someone said that it Turned something else Green. Think "Charmin". But I can't say if that is True or Not?

I was just looking for something to Describe the type of "Green" that they could use. And Pluid fit like a Glove when it came to an e-Liquids.

Reactions: Rossum

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ

Historically, things have been "denatured" in far less friendly ways.
During prohibition, the government did something like that with wood alcohol or something and it resulted in people going blind and dying.

• Agree

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
During prohibition, the government did something like that with wood alcohol or something and it resulted in people going blind and dying.
Cmon the government doing something that is clearly harmful to the public, no way. What’s next, they gonna start promoting people start smoking. We the people would never stand for such blatant disregard for our well-being. You know what? I’m trying to be funny but this .... is just disgusting. It’s like when big pharma has a safer alternative medication to what is on the market hurting people with its side effects, and they wait for the patent to run out, then denounce said harmful meds, and release their new safer medication that they’ve been sitting on for years enjoying competition free sales of first med.
Sometimes I wonder why I like dogs more then most humans, but it’s quite clear when I really think about the greedy disregard people have for their fellow man.

Reactions: Oregon Linda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread