Device for 100% VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancerstick

Jan 5, 2013
st. lou
Can anyone recommend a good starter device that will work well with high VG juice?
I am looking for something relatively small that is easy to use. I am not interested in blowing big clouds or anything like that. Just a simple device to get started.
From what I have read pod systems will not work well for this and there are so many device options I am not sure where to start. Any help with this would be great.
Thanks

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I don’t know of any mtl replaceable head delivery device / tank that work well with 100% or high Vg consistently, reliably.
Many wick 40/60 well, I don’t know any that won’t work perfectly with 50/50.
If high Vg is a requirement might thin it with a little dw then it will work with a broader range of tanks.

A sqonker rda is a good choice for high Vg, but IMO, not at all a ‘starter device’.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I vaped tiny little Nautilus 2 tanks for some time with 100% VG or close to it. They wicked fine but the will overheat if you only have one. That will impact coil life. However, using some distilled water eventually helped considerably.

Maybe I'm just crazy but honestly I never had issues with very high VG although I vastly prefer adding PEG400 since I can't do PG. Yes, you will get clouds.

I also would continue inhaling for a second or two AFTER I stopped hitting the fire button. That continued capillary action which was helpful.

I am not saying almost all VG in tiny little MTL tanks was PLEASANT really but it certainly can be done if needed.

You need your airflow ALL the way open is the other thing I'd say. I think a Zenith with the right coil (maybe the 0.8?) might do the trick.

Anna

slash7500

Jan 14, 2018
Thanks for the suggestions! I am not familiar with squonkers or rdas. I am looking for something very simple to use. Basically just pour in the liquid and go. Also, I prefer MTL vaping but haven't done this in awhile.

Would something like the Adept Zlide kit work ok? If I thinned it out a bit like you suggested?
Innokin ADEPT 17W & ZLIDE D22 Starter Kit

Or maybe this one?
Geek Vape AEGIS X 200W Starter Kit

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions! I am not familiar with squonkers or rdas. I am looking for something very simple to use. Basically just pour in the liquid and go. Also, I prefer MTL vaping but haven't done this in awhile.

Would something like the Adept Zlide kit work ok? If I thinned it out a bit like you suggested?

Or maybe this one?
What did you do, change screen names? If you're the OP @cancerstick and you have a second account/screen name you'll get expelled. @classwife, tell them what happens when ya have 2 accounts.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
I wouldn't know if the recently released Freemax Fireluke 22 would work well with 100% VG liquid, but it's another tank option.

But RDA's and RDTA's are the only options that are known to work well with 100% VG liquids, as the viscosity or thickness of the liquid plays havoc with most coils. And MTL coils aren't designed for it.

If there's a lot of sweetners as well, that's just a perfect coil killing concoction.

So using Distilled Water as a solvent to thin the liquid down a little may be your only option to use tanks with drop in coils.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Zilde is essentially a smaller version of the Zenith and it uses the same coils whatever your name is.

I would go with a zenith it is bigger, or even a Zenith pro, bigger still and more airflow.

I can't imagine why you'd have an issue thinning with distilled H20 if you can't vape PG or whatever? It will cool your vape and it will actually improve your vape. I wasn't sure it would but I would not go above 5% although even a few drops in your tank can make quite a difference.

The smaller the tank, the more easily it will overheat, and you do not want that, as it as a coil killer. Very, very few drop in coils are TC capable, so you are going to have to keep an eye on your tanks.

I think the largest zilde is like uh 3 ml? I could be wrong; I think the zenith pro is 5.5 ml and it has slightly more airflow per someone I know who owns one, but apart from more exposed glass, well, they're all more or less kinda the same unless you are clumsy. But more exposed glass also means less heat build up.

You can certainly TRY whatever you want and if you want to start with the zilde well knock yourself out. IF it is not a roaring success, you can certainly move to the Zenith pro and even alternate using them if you are chain vaping.

Best of .luck, it should be fine if you just work on it.; I was not about to quit vaping OR suck on a tailpipe so I just made it work for me. It was fine.

Anna

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
  • Winner
Reactions: Resistance

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Do not get the kit with the Adept--it's a battery with preset wattages and you don't want that. I suggest a Zlide (4 ml is better than 2 ml) kit with either a Kroma or Coolfire:

Innokin Coolfire Z50 Kit 2100mAh 50W with 4ml Zlide Tank

Innokin Kroma R Kit with MTL Zlide Tank single 18650 80W 4ml

Don't forget to buy coils--I like 1.2 and 0.8Ω for MTL

Reactions: Resistance

Resistance

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2020

Or maybe this one?

I have done MaxVG for about two years with the only PG being from the concentrates. I even used VG based Nic.
Distilled water from 2-5%. I did 2% and when the juice thickened up I would add a bit more(few drops of DW) I never had wicking issues ever.( DL and MTL on any RTA, RDA. MTL/RTA MTL/RDA.)
Then beginning this year I had other issues (Allergies) now I'm using PG again.
Edit. When I used to vape flavourless, I did the same thing.
If you stick a toothpick in your juice, the viscosity should be about one drop per second.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
What did you do, change screen names? If you're the OP @cancerstick and you have a second account/screen name you'll get expelled. @classwife, tell them what happens when ya have 2 accounts.
Just want to say I stand corrected. OP chimed in on a friend's account in answer to his own question. It happens.

Resistance

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2020
I wouldn't know if the recently released Freemax Fireluke 22 would work well with 100% VG liquid, but it's another tank option.

But RDA's and RDTA's are the only options that are known to work well with 100% VG liquids, as the viscosity or thickness of the liquid plays havoc with most coils. And MTL coils aren't designed for it.

If there's a lot of sweetners as well, that's just a perfect coil killing concoction.

So using Distilled Water as a solvent to thin the liquid down a little may be your only option to use tanks with drop in coils.
I would agree on the Freemax tank and the distilled water. With the right viscosity any tank should handle max VG.

Reactions: Mordacai

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Distilled water is your best friend for wicking High VG liquids. Add a bit (~5%) to thin-out the VG.

Alternatively, a squonker/RDA is a great set-up to get through the day with worry-free capacity. Max VG is generally not a problem once the new wick is saturated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread