Need an all VG device- suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessu

Aug 8, 2018
Hi all,
I am desperate to quit smoking and want to vape, but I am allergic to PG.
I am looking for a simple , but good quality MTL device, nothing more.

But from what I've read, VG does NOT work well with restrictive hit, high ohm, MTL devices,
and that high VG only works well for sub-ohm devices with more airflow.
(Not sure if I'm putting all of this correctly.)

Can anyone suggest a simple device that would work for me?
Thank you

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I use an Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank. I'm using a 100% Vg e-juice in it without any issues.

If interested, I suggest the 1.2 ohm coils for you. Close the air control ring to almost completely closed for a MTL draw. You could also replace the wide bore metal drip tip with a narrow bore delrin tip for an even more restricted draw.

Conductor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2017
I'm a MTL vaper and I use only 80VG/20AD liquid. (AD - aqua distillata)
My main problem was an e-liquid splashing and spatter with mono-wire coils.
Now I use a clapton coils in all my MTL RTA's
Typical coil: 2*0.2mm SS and 0.1 mm Nichrome as outer sheath.
It solves a problem with spatter.
upload_2018-8-8_21-48-0.png
upload_2018-8-8_21-59-57.png

@Alessu there is no fundamental problem in the use of full VG liquids

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hi all,

But from what I've read, VG does NOT work well with restrictive hit, high ohm, MTL devices,

Thank you
Simple would imply that you don't want to build coils, but want to drop in factory coils. I started with the Aspire Zelos kit, because it comes with the Nautilus 2 tank, using the highly regarded bvc coil. It's a great, easy setup, but I tired of buying the coils every few days, and started building. In my opinion, you just won't get the same satisfaction from a factory coil as using an RTA (but I haven't tried Baditude's Uwell Crown). But hey, it worked for the first month or so, and that's the most crucial time.

I don't think I was using it with all VG at the time, though, and I suspect the Nautilus might struggle with that, especially given how much you might tend to chain vape when first quitting (I sure did). So if you're going to use factory coils, I'd follow Beamslider's advice, and thin with water.

But if I knew then what I know now, I'd have started out building, and making diy juice with NET tobacco's. It seems daunting at first, but really, both are extremely simple, and replace cigs so much better. Especially DIY juice. The way I do it is SOOO simple, compared to everything I read & viewed, and takes me less than 3 min. to make a 30 ml bottle.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Whelp, I am a MTL (tend to be more simple device though not all of them) and found out I was Pg sensitive, (I can handle about 10% before it gets uncomfortable) and I just blithely vaped all my "new restricted simple" MTL devices with it and never really had a problem other than maybe slightly shortened coil life. Prime it well and keep inhaling a bit after you stop hitting the fire button it will wick juice into it better.

Once I started adding 10% distilled water my vape experience (including flavor which I wasn't expecting) improved.

Once I discovered I could use PEG400 (it's a PG variant and a flavor carrier) my vape improved WAY MORE, (You'd have to get to the point of being willing to attack DIY eliquid, as I don't think it's widely sold AT ALL though I could be wrong) my vape GOT AWESOME.

Also, if you do wind up using PEG400 , research safety for yourself, I did and was comfortable enough with what I found, but you should probably LOOK for yourself, etc.

You can make most things work, if not in their "idealest" fashion, vaping, if you try hard enough. Etc. I have a feeling you may be just fine and if you want to avoid Total Clog, add DW to your mixes, it should help and unless over 10% the vape doesn't get gross or watery that much, honestly. I only noted improvements from doing it, although I don't now that I use PEG400.

Anna

Reactions: Letitia

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi all,
Thank you
Welcome and glad you joined.
RE: "VG does NOT work well with restrictive hit, high ohm, " While using RDA's, I vape VG only at 3.0+ ohms frequently and get fantastic taste.
Simple drop in coil tanks have been mentioned. Might want to consider RDA's (total scalability) in the future. Since vaping can be totally scalable (DL/MTL, sub or non sub, VG etc), the choice you have can be overwhelming. The main thing to remember is, part of vaping is all about you the vaper, being in control and the freedom to fix/tailor any aspect of vaping you feel you need to improve upon.
One of these days you may get tired of the expense and effort replacing prebuilt coils and consider an RDA. If you can bend paper clips and thread a needle, you can build your own coils and wick them. It's that simple. All you need is wire and a round rod (small screw drivers work) with approximately 1/8 inch od plus a wire cutter..
Re: Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
http://spinfuel.com/art-drip-guide-vaping/
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
Atomizer vs. Cartomizer vs. Clearomizer. The Ultimate Guide
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
re: SXK DOGGY STYLE

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Thank you everyone for your responses, I appreciate it.
But I'm confused....I don't even know what an RTA is!
Like I said, I am a super beginner and really looking for something simple to get off cigarettes.
Yep...been there.
So my suggestion would be to go with the Aspire Zelos kit or something like it. Simple, easy, and pretty good. Designed for MTL (mouth to lung), like smoking, as opposed to DL (direct lung, like cloud bro's do). MTL is like you'd hit a cigarette, pulling smoke into your mouth then inhaling, and DL is like hitting a b*ng, just simply breathing it in. Most, but now all smokers start with MTL method, as all they want to do is replicate a cigarette.
Comes with the mod (battery) portion, and the tank (atomizer with coil, juice, etc.) on top. If you ever decide to advance, you can use any kind of atomizer on top of the mod - others with factory coils, or atomizers you actually build a coil for, and wick yourself.
Or you could get a vape pen type, like a Juul, but none are built to last, and most people move on from those anyway. I'm sure others will chime in on the pros and cons of the Juul types, and more info for you.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
But I'm confused....I don't even know what an RTA is!
Like I said, I am a super beginner and really looking for something simple to get off cigarettes.
RTA = rebuildable tank atomizer. It's a tank in which you put homemade coils and wick in. Not something I'd recommend as being simple or for a beginner vaper. Below is one type - a Kayfun Lite RTA.

kayfun-lite.jpg

Wicklung_2.png

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I've used 100% VG when I bought liquids and 80%VG/10%PG flavoring/10% distilled water since I've gone DIY since I restarted vaping in 2012 when there were eGo-Cs and Vivi-Novas.
It's not the 100% VG, it's people blaming 100% VG without trying to figure out a solution to their liquids that are too thick.
I've only run into one too thick of bought liquid ever. As said above add a little distilled water (or PEG400). It doesn't take much so add it a drop at a time. I think I had to add 5 drops to my too thick of liquid.

Most pro-mixers who sell 100% VG liquids know VG is thick and their liquids are thinned enough already. Much ado about nothing. (Same with those who blame VG for gunking up their coils.)

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I diy using max vg with 6% distilled water and have no issues. I think with a Innokin Zenith tank using the .8Ω coil and air flow where you like it you will be fine with vg juice. If juice is too thick add dw by the drop until your wick is keeping up. Then you can try adding dw to the juice bottle by adding just a few drops at a time, shake and add to tank and vape. If still too thick repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread