HELP Please. MTL device suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasim Ali

Jun 6, 2020
Hello everyone.
My girlfriend is about to quit smoking cigarettes and start vaping and I was looking for pod systems online but couldn't decide which one to go with. I myself have been using the Aspire avp for sometime now. I like the device it's an amazing piece. But I do smoke as well I use the vaping system just for the flavor and high mg hit that's all.
So I was thinking to get some recommendations from the vaping community a friend of mine asked me to check out smok Novo 2 but I've read a lot of reviews regarding the leakage of the pod.
She will be using it long term so I'm not sure if the Novo 2 would be a choice considering the pod leakage. But still if it's a bomb device like many people say it is, and doesn't leak that often. Then I can consider buying that for her.
But I'm open to suggestions because I'm not so educated when it comes to vaping devices.
So any help will be appreciated.

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello everyone.
My girlfriend is about to quit smoking cigarettes and start vaping and I was looking for pod systems online but couldn't decide which one to go with. I myself have been using the Aspire avp for sometime now. I like the device it's an amazing piece. But I do smoke as well I use the vaping system just for the flavor and high mg hit that's all.
So I was thinking to get some recommendations from the vaping community a friend of mine asked me to check out smok Novo 2 but I've read a lot of reviews regarding the leakage of the pod.
She will be using it long term so I'm not sure if the Novo 2 would be a choice considering the pod leakage. But still if it's a bomb device like many people say it is, and doesn't leak that often. Then I can consider buying that for her.
But I'm open to suggestions because I'm not so educated when it comes to vaping devices.
So any help will be appreciated.
Hi and welcome,
Where are you located?
Do you have any vape shops local to you?
How long has she smoked and how many per day?
Does she "want" to quit smoking?

I don't buy, recommend nor use smok products. YMMV

Cheers
I

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you hear reports of leaking I think you can safely predict it MAY leak so long term use is like probably not recommended. There are plenty of good pods on the market although I have no idea which one to suggest.

Also if your GF wants to stop smoking why not have her jump on here herself, describe what SHE wants, and get suggestions. This is all very confusing. It's not your job to find her perfect pod. I mean no disrespect for this but if she really wants to quit, maybe she should do her own research, for you know buy in.

Anna

Jasim Ali

Jun 6, 2020
Hi and welcome,
Where are you located?
Do you have any vape shops local to you?
How long has she smoked and how many per day?
Does she "want" to quit smoking?

I don't buy, recommend nor use smok products. YMMV

Cheers
I
Thank you.
I'm located in Dubai. We have many shops dedicated to vaping only.
A long time childhood friend of mine owns a vape shop here as well.
My girlfriend has been smoking for about 19-20 years now.
She finishes a pack in 2 days or sometimes a pack and a half in 2 days.
Yes, she wants to actually quit smoking completely and switch to vaping. So high mg flavors is what would do the job for her but I'm just confused as what mod to buy.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thank you.
I'm located in Dubai. We have many shops dedicated to vaping only.
A long time childhood friend of mine owns a vape shop here as well.
My girlfriend has been smoking for about 19-20 years now.
She finishes a pack in 2 days or sometimes a pack and a half in 2 days.
Yes, she wants to actually quit smoking completely and switch to vaping. So high mg flavors is what would do the job for her but I'm just confused as what mod to buy.
Win and win!
Ask your friend for feedback on some of the options that interest you.
Perhaps he can also help with sourcing products (devices/liquids) you like. (and a friend discount is never a bad thing.)

Best of luck!
I

Jasim Ali

Jun 6, 2020
Win and win!
Ask your friend for feedback on some of the options that interest you.
Perhaps he can also help with sourcing products (devices/liquids) you like. (and a friend discount is never a bad thing.)

Best of luck!
I
He suggested caliburn or the caliburn Koko but I personally tried the Koko and the hit is rather different on the throat and starts to tickle at times. He also suggested the Novo 2 but he hasn't got his hands on the Novo 2 ever so that is why I came online to get some reviews about it from the vaping community. Plus, if there's any other devices that are much better than what my friend suggested to me.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Jasim Ali - If you're interested in a pod set-up only for her...I'd highly recommend the JustFog Minifit. I bought my first 2 just about a year ago on Sale. Figured I wouldn't have much to lose if I didn't care for them. I liked that the pods were refillable, that they had a 1.6ohm coil in them, and a pack of 3 replacement ones wasn't very expensive.

After using 1 of them for a month or more, I was amazed that the coil was still going strong, even after quite a few refills. I wasn't using it as my main set-up, but would still puff on it off and on several times every day. I was amazed at how good the flavor was, how it produced a decent amount of vapor, and that the pod coil just kept working great. So, I ordered several more Minifits and more boxes of the pods when I found them at really good prices. Funny thing is...my original Minifit still works great and takes less than 1/2 hour to recharge it.

Then I learned that the pods could actually be rebuilt (new coil and wick could be installed). You Tube videos show you how to do it. That led to me buying even more of the Minifit Starter Kits and boxes of pods to stash and to have for friends if they wanted to try a pod set-up.

IMO, they're terrific in every way! Several other ECF members and local friends that I've recommended them to...have also gotten hooked on them and now own several themselves.

ETA: Forgot to tell you these details about it, too. They're very small...at only slightly longer than 2 1/2" with a pod installed on it and are about 3/4" wide. So they're very pocket and purse friendly. They have a 4-click on/off button which is also the button you click and hold to fire it.

Everzon.com (located in China) currently has 3 colors of the starter kits In Stock and on Sale, for $11.49/Kit. If you use the coupon code CHEAPVAPINGDEAL when you're checking out...you'll get another 10% off of that price, too!

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I'd recommend having her try the minifit as well. It requires no fiddling - just hit the button and vape. Great longevity and dry as a bone in daily use for my wife. We gave one to her friend who smokes and she's down to a couple cigarettes a day from over a pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread