Anybody Using A Kabuki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
They're pretty buuuut @Rossum said it best in another thread- with what the FDA has done to vaping, people are worried more so about stocking up on much needed supplies & inexpensive gear. $1200.00 for a mod & tank just seems outrageous during this critical time. Does that money go towards advocacy? :blink:
That's some of that Gear for the 1% of America ;) Sure isn't for the other 99%

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
They're pretty buuuut @Rossum said it best in another thread- with what the FDA has done to vaping, people are worried more so about stocking up on much needed supplies & inexpensive gear. $1200.00 for a mod & tank just seems outrageous during this critical time. Does that money go towards advocacy? :blink:

Waaaaay expensive... still purdy

Hey...a girl can drool :)

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
That's some of that Gear for the 1% of America ;) Sure isn't for the other 99%
True. Amazingly intricate work, but not something I could justify paying for. To each their own.

I buy my pretty mechs from Fasttech for $10-20. They are all hand etched aren't they? :rolleyes:

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
True. Amazingly intricate work, but not something I could justify paying for. To each their own.

I buy my pretty mechs from Fasttech for $10-20. They are all hand etched aren't they? :rolleyes:
Yes it sure is some nice craftsmanship, but I'm with you. Way out of my league. A Provari and A Kayfun is my limit and do Fast Tech also

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Totally and for sure, if it says "authentic" on it and it costs more than $5 on fasttech, it's obviously the real thing.
Actually, anything I have bought on FT that states "authentic" was indeen authentic. I am talking about coils, tanks, accessories and VV/VW mods though. I wouldn't trust mechs or 18xxx batteries though.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Why should it, he's loosing money on these...

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Yes it sure is some nice craftsmanship, but I'm with you. Way out of my league. A Provari and A Kayfun is my limit and do Fast Tech also
Authentic Provaris, Kayfuns and Kabukis for me. Also my RTAs.

My mechs and RDAs are mostly clones. I'm not cheap, but $200+ for a brass/copper/SS tube with a switch or a basic RDA for $100+ isn't something I can justify. If I fell in love with a clone and the original was fairly reasonable, I would likely pull the trigger though.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Why should it, he's loosing money on these...
Agreed. If he charged a reasonable rate for the actual etching labour, I'm sure the price would be much higher. Not everyone can justify and/or appreciate it. I'm guilty as well, but I have bought a lot of Zen's products, so I don't feel terrible about it.:)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Agreed. If he charged a reasonable rate for the actual etching labour, I'm sure the price would be much higher. Not everyone can justify and/or appreciate it. I'm guilty as well, but I have bought a lot of Zen's products, so I don't feel terrible about it.:)
I really appreciate fine metalworking, I love looking at well made and high end knives, and other things. Not everyone "gets" it but there is an art to well crafted things, whatever they may be. It's really cool how Zen approaches this type of project from a different angle, manipulating technology and machining to create the beautiful engraving, it's a marriage of a whole bunch of different skill sets all focused on realizing his imagination onto the piece. I would love to see what he could do with graving tools by hand. Maybe someday...

Knifemaker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Central Texas
Enaud, Zen is working every afternoon on exactly that. Hand Engraving. And he is coming along beautifully!!!

For those that do not know, "Etching" and Engraving, either hand, or machine are two totally different things. A HUGE difference!

Zen is a man of passion. One could hardly expect his, or any Artist to drop all their hard work and plans simply because some Government Agency decides to give us a complete Brain "F"!!!

And as I've said before, This Ain't Over by a long shot! Sadly, I have the strong feeling that if the Liberal Candidate does take office, we can say goodbye to our e-happiness, and in the process, lose a lot of friends, and people around the world. Just one more example of just how much they really do care about the People! If you bought their stick in the past, perhaps a wake up is happening NOW???

Knife

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
And as I've said before, This Ain't Over by a long shot! Sadly, I have the strong feeling that if the Liberal Candidate does take office, we can say goodbye to our e-happiness, and in the process, lose a lot of friends, and people around the world. Just one more example of just how much they really do care about the People! If you bought their stick in the past, perhaps a wake up is happening NOW???

Knife

Just an FYI: The liberal was knocked out of the race in the primaries.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Has anyone tried cleaning used Nauti BVC coils in a Ultrasonic cleaner?? I wonder if you could place a jar with some vodka in the bath and place the coils in this smaller receptacle ??
Please report back!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
hahaha - am not desperate enough to waste vodka yet, I am just keeping the BVCs in a ziplock bag incase of an emergency ;-)
Vodka doesn't really work. It MIGHT get you one more tank, but doesn't really clean the coil well IME.

Of course, I didn't use Grey Goose or Ketel One though. :)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I have dissected quite a few Nauti coils that went south, the wire is gunked with crud and the cotton is loaded up with black goo when they go bad. Without a way to refresh the wick AND dry burn the coil, cleaning is pretty much useless endeavor IMHO. They are trash and I throw trash away...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Fair enough, I'll save the vodka :D
It's a shame to waste good vodka, and if all you have is mediocre vodka, well yeah, it's a shame to waste vodka :lol: Seriously, and all kidding aside, I tried the whole cleaning thing, and in the end, to get maybe one more tank of mediocre taste from a spent coil, I got better things to do. When they are gone, they are gone. No crying over spilled milk, disposable coils are a convenience item.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
It's a shame to waste good vodka, and if all you have is mediocre vodka, well yeah, it's a shame to waste vodka :lol: Seriously, and all kidding aside, I tried the whole cleaning thing, and in the end, to get maybe one more tank of mediocre taste from a spent coil, I got better things to do. When they are gone, they are gone. No crying over spilled milk, disposable coils are a convenience item.

I totally agree, I have great RTAs and RDA that I get awesome flavour from anyway. I get a great vape from the Kabuki/BVC on some juices but some juices are far better on RBAs in my experience :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread