Anybody Using A Kabuki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cllmda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There is no conceivable way the kabuki itself will change over time with normal use. Temperature is nowhere near hot enough to change the metal. So here are some thoughts as to why you might be experiencing this.

I am thinking it must be gumming up from your juices. I seldom clean my stealth bukis because the coating is so fragile and I don't have the problem.

Having said that I do notice a difference when I go from one of my RBAs to the kabuki.

I seldom use thick juices in this tank as the coils to gunk up pretty quickly.

I would definitely try the ultrasonic cleaner - this will bring it back to - as new :)

No, I wasnt implying that I thought the kabuki itself had changed, i was wondering mainly if the aiflow part could be that gunked up inside...and that probably is the reason .I do use heavy VG juices, at least 50/50 lowest %, AND they tend to be sweet fruit &dessert flavors...so yeah,ill try the Ultrasound ;)

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Forgot to say that ive noticed this happening on ALL of my kabukis after a few months so its not that there's specifically something wrong with one of them ....

Yes, the tube that is attached to the top of the coil can collect debris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Hi All :)

A few of my Kabukis have gotten REALLY tight (ie. tight draw) lately EVEN when I change the coil fro a brand new one and open up the airflow at MAX.Well, obviously there IS an improvement when I change the coil but NOT as much as it should be and NOT the same as on a NEW kabuki. I just rinse out my kabuki's in warm/hot water under the tap and so Im thinking maybe there's alot of gunk stuck in the airflow parts. i try to stick a tooth pick thru the holes every so often or some rolled up paper towels but doesnt help much... Should I be cleaning more/better ?
Or is it something else ?

i DO have an ultrasonic cleaner but havent used them on the kabukis so far.Could that be the answer

Any advice ?

I cant just keep buying new kabukis every few months (especially since I have/need 3/4 on rotation everyday for my dif flavors & mods...) .I change my coils pretty frequently already, usually every 3/4 days

I have over a dozen Kabukis. I rinse them in warm water with ever coil change, which is more often than I'd like because I do use juices that tend to gunk them up. I have a small brush that was made for drip tips. I bought a set long ago off eBay. I run it down the chimney a few times and through the hole where the coil sits. I also stick a pipe cleaner through the air hole. I've notice no reduction in airflow. The airflow screw on all of mine are flush with the edge of the tank. They say you cannot, but you can remove the airflow screw and the tanks work fine.

You can run the stainless version through an ultrasonic cleaner with no ill effects. Not so with the Stealth version. I'm not sure about the Zenkote model. I think the Ti model would work OK in the ultrasonic.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I have over a dozen Kabukis. I rinse them in warm water with ever coil change, which is more often than I'd like because I do use juices that tend to gunk them up. I have a small brush that was made for drip tips. I bought a set long ago off eBay. I run it down the chimney a few times and through the hole where the coil sits. I also stick a pipe cleaner through the air hole. I've notice no reduction in airflow. The airflow screw on all of mine are flush with the edge of the tank. They say you cannot, but you can remove the airflow screw and the tanks work fine.

You can run the stainless version through an ultrasonic cleaner with no ill effects. Not so with the Stealth version. I'm not sure about the Zenkote model. I think the Ti model would work OK in the ultrasonic.

And when cleaning make sure you remove the drip tip and clean that area as it gunks up around there.

Also, I run a pipe cleaner gently down through the air hole to the top of screen with almost every fill. Do it once, flip the pipe cleaner and do it a second time. Be careful or you'll damage the screen. Let the pipe cleaner sit on top of the screen for a couple of second to absorb any juice that's collected there.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I'm another who has tried each and every single suggested method of cleaning coils. Hellsbells, I even cleaned kartos and dried them in the oven, and stuck them like little playing cards in bicycle spokes, in a desk fan. (BAD MOVE, both.)

From this POV, with or against the esteemed Dr. F., the only way I see to removed caramelized flavoring on coils is a swift and entertaining little dry burn.

SAVE the VODKA, especially the GOOSE!!

(If you REALLY feel the need to soak a coil, Trader Joe's Vodka of the Gods, for it's 10ish dollar price tag, goes down a treat.)

View attachment 582313
Or..... one could throw out the old coil, drink the vodka and install a brand new coil. :thumb:

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
So, my replacement tanks arrived from ProVape today! I ordered them during last weeks flash sale. Still don't have the ones I ordered from IBTanked on July 9th.
On another note I had one coil I thought was maybe on it's way out. I flushed it with hot water, then soaked it in water for a day or two, then air dried for a couple of days. I put it back in service yesterday and it's working and tasting fine. Maybe it wasn't as far gone as I thought it was though.
I'll have to give a few a chance at life. I've been tossing them out. I figured two weeks from them and they were kind of shot. I purchase mine on eBay or Fast Tech(5pkg/$6.30) not incl and wait time Ebay ($13 2pkg of 5 shipped)
But never tried cleaning the used ones

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
(excluding Rip) Links, please.

Hey - can someone who isn't on ignore (I don't qualify either) check this question with Knife? He mentioned that there are a lot of YouTubes about rebuilding Nauti coils, and we had difficulty finding any decent ones.

Thanks for the help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread