Anyone else make their own Halo e-liquid concoctions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadock

The secret to happiness is slowness
Mar 23, 2015
Flagstaff, AZ, USA
I am by no means a do it yourself e-juicer. I don't have the patience or motivation for something that complex and time consuming. At the same time, I've been quite disappointed with the flavor of most of Halo's e-liquids as they're shipped. I've tried them all except for Cordoba & Black Calico, which I just received a few days ago. I've rated the other 24 e-juices (3) 1 star, (10) 2 star, (7) 3 star, (3) 4 star, and only (1) 5 star using Halo's rating system.

My understanding of their Triton tanks is that using competitors e-liquids frequently leads to problems, anything from cracking the plastic to wicking issues. I'm not certain of the veracity of that, but I'd like to stick with Halo e-juice if I possibly can.

The only superior combination I've stumbled across thus far is Tiki Malibu, which is 2/3 Tiki Juice & 1/3 Malibu. Straight forward & simple to make, but it let me combine two weaker e-juices to create an e-liquid which I enjoy far more than any of those Halo sells direct from their factory. Has anyone created a custom mixture like this at home that they'd be willing to share? I'm continuing to experiment, but there are nearly infinite combinations of Halo's current 26 e-liquids in various ratios. I have all of the e-juice they sell as available ingredients.

Andrewskii

Dec 28, 2014
if you don't have any in your collection I recommend a bottle of fusion flavorless base. Adds so many possibilities. Some flavors need a little diluting for the flavors to meld well in my opinion. And can be used to help reduce the impact of known coil gunkers. I just finally tried this little gem after thinking it would be useless. And It is now my ADV straight by itself.

sadock

Mar 23, 2015
Flagstaff, AZ, USA

Thanks, I somehow missed that thread. All the recipe threads I found via search were more DIY oriented. That one looks like exactly what I'm looking for. It'll take me a while to peruse 9 pages/8 months of comments.

It is closed now, however, so I couldn't have added my creation there. Maybe it's good I started a new one? I don't know. I'm not sure what determines when/why a thread becomes closed. Threads closing is a new concept to me :?:

Last edited:

sadock

Mar 23, 2015
Flagstaff, AZ, USA
I recommend a bottle of fusion flavorless base.......

Huh. I didn't even know companies sold this sort of thing, but I guess it makes sense. Is Fusion Flavourless Base safe to use in Triton tanks? I see they sell it in pure PG, pure VG, and 10% increments of whatever blend you want. Have you found a certain blend which seems to work well with Halo's e-liquid? Or do you just custom mix from two pure bottles? I'm not sure at all whether I like a juice which is heavier on PG or VG.....

Some flavors need a little diluting.....

Yes, I can see that this might be the solution for some flavors. The next mix I'm going to try is Cafe Mocha with Belgian Cocoa. I suspect BC's understatedness may be able to remedy CM's tendency to be a bit cloying.

sadock

Mar 23, 2015
Flagstaff, AZ, USA
Okay, it took much less time than I expected. Only about 2-3 hours. Here's most of the recipes that had precise ratios (ie not drops):

1. TIKI MALIBU (2:1 - Tiki Juice to Malibu)
  2. TWISTED BELGIAN MOCHA (1:1:2 - Twisted Java to Belgian Cocoa to Cafe Mocha)
  3. BELGIAN MOCHA (1:1 - Cafe Mocha to Belgian Cocoa)
  4. MYSTIC MIST (2:1 - Mystic to Cool Mist)
  5. TURKISH TRIBECA (1:1 - Tribeca to Turkish Tobacco)
  6. COOL ZERO (1:1 - Cool Mist to Sub Zero)
  7. SUB HX3 (1:2 - Sub Zero to HX3)
  8. PEPPERMINT PATTY (3:1 - Belgian Cocoa to Kringle's Curse)
  9. TURKISH ICE (1:2 - Turkish Tobacco to Menthol Ice)
  10. MALIBU ICE (1:2 - Malibu to Menthol Ice)
  11. TURKISH TIKI (1:1 - Tiki Juice to Turkish Tobacco)
  12. BELGIAN TORQUE (4:1 - Belgian Cocoa to Torque 56)
  13. BELGIAN MALIBU (4:1 - Belgian Cocoa to Malibu)
  14. BELGIAN TRIBECA (4:1 - Belgian Cocoa to Tribeca)
  15. TURKISH TORQUE (1:5 - Turkish Tobacco to Toque 56) - reminiscent of premium clove cigarettes?
  16. BELGIAN TURKISH FREEDOM (1:1:3 - Belgian Cocoa to Turkish Tobacco to Freedom Juice)
  17. TRIBECA MOCHA TORQUE (1:2:1 - Tribeca to Cafe Mocha to Torque 56)
  18. LONGHORN TORQUE (1:1 - Longhorn to Torque 56)
  19. MALIBU seX (1:1 - Malibu to Menthol X)
  20. MALIBU CURSE (2:1 - Malibu to Kringle's Curse)
  21. MALIBU COCOA (4:1 - Malibu to Belgian Cocoa)
  22. ALMOND JOY (3:1 - Belgian Cocoa to Malibu)
  23. NUTTY CARAMEL BROWNIE (1:1 - Belgian Cocoa to Tribeca)
  24. TRI-DOO (1:1 - Tribeca to VooDoo)

I'm pretty sure that's all the recipes that were in that thread except those that contained Prime 15, Southern Classic, or Midnight Apple. If you have recipes that include any of those flavors, please add them onto this thread.

Last edited:

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
Huh. I didn't even know companies sold this sort of thing, but I guess it makes sense. Is Fusion Flavourless Base safe to use in Triton tanks? I see they sell it in pure PG, pure VG, and 10% increments of whatever blend you want.

not sure if your lookin at teh same thing. Halo sells their own nicotine base called 'Fusion'. it's the same PG/VG ratio as all their jooses (significantly more PG than VG).

Fusion E-Liquid | Halo Cigs

since it's Halo's own concoction, it's perfectly safe and formulated for Halo hardware.

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
Okay, it took much less time than I expected. Only about 2-3 hours. Here's most of the recipes that had precise ratios (ie not drops):

1. TIKI MALIBU (2:1 - Tiki Juice to Malibu)
  2. TWISTED BELGIAN MOCHA (1:1:2 - Twisted Java to Belgian Cocoa to Cafe Mocha)
  3. BELGIAN MOCHA (1:1 - Cafe Mocha to Belgian Cocoa)
  4. MYSTIC MIST (2:1 - Mystic to Cool Mist)
  5. TURKISH TRIBECA (1:1 - Tribeca to Turkish Tobacco)
  6. COOL ZERO (1:1 - Cool Mist to Sub Zero)
  7. SUB HX3 (1:2 - Sub Zero to HX3)
  8. PEPPERMINT PATTY (3:1 - Belgian Cocoa to Kringle's Curse)
  9. TURKISH ICE (1:2 - Turkish Tobacco to Menthol Ice)
  10. MALIBU ICE (1:2 - Malibu to Menthol Ice)
  11. TURKISH TIKI (1:1 - Tiki Juice to Turkish Tobacco)
  12. BELGIAN TORQUE (4:1 - Belgian Cocoa to Torque 56)
  13. BELGIAN MALIBU (4:1 - Belgian Cocoa to Malibu)
  14. BELGIAN TRIBECA (4:1 - Belgian Cocoa to Tribeca)
  15. TURKISH TORQUE (1:5 - Turkish Tobacco to Toque 56) - reminiscent of premium clove cigarettes?
  16. BELGIAN TURKISH FREEDOM (1:1:3 - Belgian Cocoa to Turkish Tobacco to Freedom Juice)
  17. TRIBECA MOCHA TORQUE (1:2:1 - Tribeca to Cafe Mocha to Torque 56)
  18. LONGHORN TORQUE (1:1 - Longhorn to Torque 56)
  19. MALIBU seX (1:1 - Malibu to Menthol X)
  20. MALIBU CURSE (2:1 - Malibu to Kringle's Curse)
  21. MALIBU COCOA (4:1 - Malibu to Belgian Cocoa)
  22. ALMOND JOY (3:1 - Belgian Cocoa to Malibu)
  23. NUTTY CARAMEL BROWNIE (1:1 - Belgian Cocoa to Tribeca)
  24. TRI-DOO (1:1 - Tribeca to VooDoo)

I'm pretty sure that's all the recipes that were in that thread except those that contained Prime 15, Southern Classic, or Midnight Apple. If you have recipes that include any of those flavors, please add them onto this thread.

well done...wow 9 pages down to just 24 bits of useful information. we are a proud hijacking bunch indeed.

sadock

Mar 23, 2015
Flagstaff, AZ, USA
not sure if your lookin at teh same thing. Halo sells their own nicotine base called 'Fusion'. it's the same PG/VG ratio as all their jooses (significantly more PG than VG).

Fusion E-Liquid | Halo Cigs

since it's Halo's own concoction, it's perfectly safe and formulated for Halo hardware.

I was most certainly looking at the *wrong* thing. I'd never seen that product on Halo's site before. w/o your link, I doubt I'd have ever found it. I Googled "fusion flavorless base" and wound up at a Canadian based company called Fusion Flavours. Thanks for the clarification.

btw, is there any truth to the rumors that Halo's Triton tanks tend to crack if you use them to vape off brand e-liquid? It sounds false, since I can't imagine how that could happen unless Halo designed them that way on purpose. And I find that *really* hard to credit given the superior customer service I've always received from them. That kind of policy seems antithetical to what I've witnessed of their behavior.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I was most certainly looking at the *wrong* thing. I'd never seen that product on Halo's site before. w/o your link, I doubt I'd have ever found it. I Googled "fusion flavorless base" and wound up at a Canadian based company called Fusion Flavours. Thanks for the clarification.

btw, is there any truth to the rumors that Halo's Triton tanks tend to crack if you use them to vape off brand e-liquid? It sounds false, since I can't imagine how that could happen unless Halo designed them that way on purpose. And I find that *really* hard to credit given the superior customer service I've always received from them. That kind of policy seems antithetical to what I've witnessed of their behavior.
Thats a bunch of crap! Use what you want to in your tanks! Just be wary of tank cracker juices if your tanks are plastic. Strong citrus, cinnamon, etc. Look up "tank cracker flavors" there's lists all over the place.

Thats just some marketing ploy!

sadock

Mar 23, 2015
Flagstaff, AZ, USA
Thats a bunch of crap! Use what you want to in your tanks! Just be wary of tank cracker juices if your tanks are plastic. Strong citrus, cinnamon, etc. Look up "tank cracker flavors" there's lists all over the place.

Thats just some marketing ploy!

Thanks, ckquatt! I did question the rumor's veracity; it simply makes zero sense that a simple brand switch would crack plastic. I'll Google for a few lists and look for commonalities.

Just to be clear, the original source had nothing to do with Halo.

sadock

Mar 23, 2015
Flagstaff, AZ, USA
TWISTED BELGIAN MOCHA (1:1:2 - Twisted Java to Belgian Cocoa to Cafe Mocha)
BELGIAN MOCHA (1:1 - Cafe Mocha to Belgian Cocoa)

Updates after extensive tinkering:

** TWISTED BELGIAN MOCHA (2:3:5:4 - Twisted Java to Flavorless Base to Belgian Cocoa to Cafe Mocha)

* BELGIAN MOCHA is not even worth bothering with given the above flavor

Last edited:

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Updates after extensive tinkering:

** TWISTED BELGIAN MOCHA (2:3:5:4 - Twisted Java to Flavorless Base to Belgian Cocoa to Cafe Mocha)

* BELGIAN MOCHA is not even worth bothering with given the above flavor
Now, I might try this. I have a bit of Twisted and Mocha left over. (I didn't care for them). But this sounds good, and I can use up some old juices.

Speaking of which, I have a few juices that are quite old, Halo and others, over a year since I bought them, and well past their "best by..." dates. But they still taste good. Stored dark and cool.

sadock

Mar 23, 2015
Flagstaff, AZ, USA
Ooooooooooh I wonder what Malibu would taste like mixed with Kringle's Curse

Many thanks, Evie, for your inspired idea. :toast:

I would've never thought of combining these two juices myself. I'm currently vaping a blend of 3 parts Malibu to 2 parts Kringle's Curse. It's unique in a positive way. I'm going to tinker with the ratio for a while to find one that works best for me, but I suspect this combination is a keeper.

Last edited:

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Severna Park MD
if you don't have any in your collection I recommend a bottle of fusion flavorless base. Adds so many possibilities. Some flavors need a little diluting for the flavors to meld well in my opinion. And can be used to help reduce the impact of known coil gunkers. I just finally tried this little gem after thinking it would be useless. And It is now my ADV straight by itself.

So much this. I don't mix flavors, but I cut all Halo flavors other than the menthols 50% with the Fusion. Still plenty of flavor, and the tanks and wicks run clean alot longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread