Anyone vape at work?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Sequal, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sequal

Sequal Full Member

Have anybody started vaping at work? If so how did you talk to your officemates about it? Did your boss have any objections? I am not sure if i want to bring the subject up or not. Please share your stories with me.

Thanks.

2. theherkman

theherkman Full Member

My boss saw me vaping last night. Said, "The .... you doing smoking (OTHER STUFF)" (eGo Twist 1000 mAh with a vivi nova) Took a little bit of explaining. Just go with the really basic medical inhale ingredients/no scent explanation and don't worry about it. Practice holding it in until there is little/no vapor and demonstrate this technique to your coworkers when explaining.

3. Disneylandx

Disneylandx Senior Member ECF Veteran

im vaping at work right now. I used to have to leave my office to go smoke. Educated my boss a little on what vaping was and told him that my production would surly increase. As you can see it has.

Now I have more time to research new mods, juices and chat away on ECF:D

4. Meggalette

Meggalette Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I vape at work on a constant basis. I have my own office, but people are in and out of it all day. I have never asked permission or vaped right in front of coworkers except for on breaks. I keep a fan in the summer and a space heater in the winter nearby my desk to dissipate the vapor before anyone will notice. I prefer to keep my vaping to myself just so it won't cause issue with the other workers in my building.

5. neitshade

neitshade Full Member

I don't work as such, but I am a volunteer at a community centre, teaching people not to be frightened of computers. I met some resistance at first, but I just wore it down by being persistent! It helped that, as I'm working with computers, I could just bring up page after page of information on the law!

6. theherkman

theherkman Full Member

Meggalette, at some point you can just stop giving a .... and then tell people you have been doing it for the last two years at your desk and chuckle. :)

7. heliguy

heliguy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

All day long!!

Im an editor and do VFX work on tv commercials and have my own office. There are 2 of us that vape all day long here.

I try to keep it in my office though, as we have clients walking around all day. There are also a lot of tours that come through my company. Sometimes a group of people on a tour will just pop in my office the same time Im blowing out a massive cloud of vapor. Its always very akward. I usually act like nothing happened and dont even explain unless someone asks.

haha.

8. SolemnPenguin

SolemnPenguin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I vape all day in my office or just walking around in our building and warehouse. I'm the boss though, so I've met very little resistance.

I've gotten a couple of the others around here to start Vaping; but they still go out outside for a "real" smoke pretty often.

9. Meggalette

Meggalette Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That was exactly my plan! No one, I mean NO ONE, at my job smokes, or vapes, so they don't understand the original habit of smoking. They'll never understand my new habit of vaping! Most of them are scared of digital cameras, they don't know what to think about my PV!

10. gentlemancole

gentlemancole Senior Member Verified Member

This :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

11. filter

filter Super Member ECF Veteran

vaping at work right now. co-workers know, boss doesnt. if he sees me i'll explain, until then, i wont.

12. theherkman

theherkman Full Member

Ahahaha! I can't wait until the day you tell them. Everyone at my job smokes and they all chuckled and said good luck when I said I was going to quit. I can't wait to prove them wrong. I don't have a lot of weight to my ecig endorsement because it has only been a few days, but give it a few weeks and I will have 10 converts.

13. Doogmar

Doogmar Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I start back at work in Nov (I manage a ski/snowboard rental shop at a ski hill.) I plan on going to the 'smoking section' outside to vape, as its nice to get out of the shop for a few mins, and hopefully some of the smokers will ask what I'm doing and covert to vaping. One nice thing is no one will be able to bum a smoke off me anymore...I was the person everyone asked for a smoke :p

14. Sequal

Sequal Full Member

Thanks for all the replies. Still don't know if i am going to try it. Sounds like the best way to approach it is just start doing it and explain when people ask. LOL

15. kparks

kparks Full Member

I work in an ER, so the day I brought it to work I presented it like "look at the new toy I just got" and did a show and tell. My boss happened to be there too. I've tried to be careful and only vape when I know there aren't going to be pt's/visitors walking up to the nurse's station...and I also have gone outside to vape.

16. bubbadreier

bubbadreier Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have my own office so I just do it in there and no one says anything. It helps that I am the manag on duty when I am there so there is no one to tell me to stop :)

17. TheSenator

TheSenator Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm in a corner cube so not many people come into my cube, but I have been stealth vaping for a month now.
    I can usually hear someone coming and I just stick my twist in my acryllic desk holder.

I'm going to ask for forgiveness instead of permission I think...:laugh:

18. KarenB

KarenB Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

as far as my boss and coworkers know I quit smoking 12 years ago. I didn't tell them when I started casually smoking 3 years ago and haven't mentioned vaping when I gave up analogs within a few months of starting them again. I vape at my desk all day none the wiser. I don't blow out massive plumes although had to adjust my stealth vaping when I got a bigger battery and ViVi Nova Mini ;)

19. Zack nash

Zack nash Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have been smoking mine all day but where I work others are puffing cigs also.

20. Micheru

Micheru New Member

I vape at my desk all day. Bosses don't mind as long as we keep it into our suite and not in the halls or elevator (medical group across the hall and the big-wigs upstairs weren't happy with it).

There are about four of us who vape in my office, and two of us who do it fairly often.

: provari
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.