Anyone vape at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theherkman

Oct 2, 2010
MN
My boss saw me vaping last night. Said, "The .... you doing smoking (OTHER STUFF)" (eGo Twist 1000 mAh with a vivi nova) Took a little bit of explaining. Just go with the really basic medical inhale ingredients/no scent explanation and don't worry about it. Practice holding it in until there is little/no vapor and demonstrate this technique to your coworkers when explaining.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meggalette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Herrin, Illinois
voodoolounge.webs.com
I vape at work on a constant basis. I have my own office, but people are in and out of it all day. I have never asked permission or vaped right in front of coworkers except for on breaks. I keep a fan in the summer and a space heater in the winter nearby my desk to dissipate the vapor before anyone will notice. I prefer to keep my vaping to myself just so it won't cause issue with the other workers in my building.

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
All day long!!

Im an editor and do VFX work on tv commercials and have my own office. There are 2 of us that vape all day long here.

I try to keep it in my office though, as we have clients walking around all day. There are also a lot of tours that come through my company. Sometimes a group of people on a tour will just pop in my office the same time Im blowing out a massive cloud of vapor. Its always very akward. I usually act like nothing happened and dont even explain unless someone asks.

haha.

Meggalette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Herrin, Illinois
voodoolounge.webs.com
Meggalette, at some point you can just stop giving a .... and then tell people you have been doing it for the last two years at your desk and chuckle. :)

That was exactly my plan! No one, I mean NO ONE, at my job smokes, or vapes, so they don't understand the original habit of smoking. They'll never understand my new habit of vaping! Most of them are scared of digital cameras, they don't know what to think about my PV!

gentlemancole

Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Sioux Falls, SD
im vaping at work right now. I used to have to leave my office to go smoke. Educated my boss a little on what vaping was and told him that my production would surly increase. As you can see it has.

Now I have more time to research new mods, juices and chat away on ECF:D

This :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

theherkman

Oct 2, 2010
MN
That was exactly my plan! No one, I mean NO ONE, at my job smokes, or vapes, so they don't understand the original habit of smoking. They'll never understand my new habit of vaping! Most of them are scared of digital cameras, they don't know what to think about my PV!

Ahahaha! I can't wait until the day you tell them. Everyone at my job smokes and they all chuckled and said good luck when I said I was going to quit. I can't wait to prove them wrong. I don't have a lot of weight to my ecig endorsement because it has only been a few days, but give it a few weeks and I will have 10 converts.

Doogmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Lake Tahoe
I start back at work in Nov (I manage a ski/snowboard rental shop at a ski hill.) I plan on going to the 'smoking section' outside to vape, as its nice to get out of the shop for a few mins, and hopefully some of the smokers will ask what I'm doing and covert to vaping. One nice thing is no one will be able to bum a smoke off me anymore...I was the person everyone asked for a smoke :p

KarenB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
LA, CA.
as far as my boss and coworkers know I quit smoking 12 years ago. I didn't tell them when I started casually smoking 3 years ago and haven't mentioned vaping when I gave up analogs within a few months of starting them again. I vape at my desk all day none the wiser. I don't blow out massive plumes although had to adjust my stealth vaping when I got a bigger battery and ViVi Nova Mini ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread