Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Right now, I am suffering from heat, chain vape. If micro coils creates more heat, to the tank and mod, I feel a little lazy to try. How much more heat does it create?

It kind of depends on what you're coil is in. I have a tiny phoenix dripper and a micro in there heats it up fast. I also have a chimbus clone V5 which is much bigger(made for dual coils) and it doesn't get hot at all, even with chain vaping. With micros the hear is intense but it's focused around the area of the coil, at least that's how it seems to me.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Right now, I am suffering from heat, chain vape. If micro coils creates more heat, to the tank and mod, I feel a little lazy to try. How much more heat does it create?

It kind of depends on what you're coil is in. I have a tiny phoenix dripper and a micro in there heats it up fast. I also have a chimbus clone V5 which is much bigger(made for dual coils) and it doesn't get hot at all, even with chain vaping. With micros the heat is intense but it's focused around the area of the coil, at least that's how it seems to me.

Also, I tend to take shorter pulls from a micro, otherwise it's just too much.

I like the ceramic wick for the Kangertech Protanks and now I am trying Ekowool for my vivinova tanks. works great!!! Would you like to know where I found this wick? Just a heads up the ekowool is about 1.50 per foot and the ceramic wick is about 1.00 per inch!!! & I found most of this on Ebay although it is hard to get the best deal there because of the ebay fees but it is a great place to start. Also try bigtexvapor.com ceramic wick $7.00 a foot! the ceramic wick doubled the vapor I get with my Protank! I couldnt be happier! I hope this helps.

Yes I found that micro coils are awesome you can get a higher resistance and therefore can increase the voltage to the max 6.0. It does produce great vapor and it gets Hotter but I like it alot

Last edited:

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
SFM, I think EricHill78 said he was having good result with cotton in his micro-coiled ProTank..

Eric.. are you here? What's your :2c: on best wick for the ProTank micro style?

Hey boss!

I only have 32 kanthal atm, 10 wraps on a 1/16th drill bit gives me about 3.3 ohms. I use cotton from a qtip. I experimented and did 8 wraps and got 2.5, I'm going to order some 28 from temco and should get better results. I've been happy thus far.

SkinyFatMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
You all convinced me! I put a "mini" coil on my RSST with the SS cable, and the XC-116 diaper.

20130725_231422[1].jpg 20130725_231459[1].jpg (sorry for landscape mode, it looks portrait on my computer)

It's a little slow to start up, but it hits like a champ. I figure that's because of the SS cable "heat sink" issue.

Just wish I could get the coils nicer looking and tighter on the XC-116.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread