Phoenix, AZ, USA
  • Deleted by loxmythe

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
I'd like to give P Busardo a hint that EVOD atty heads are normally engraved/marked with their resistance on the top of the head - but don't know what his name/user ID is on ECF - is there a way to search using PBusardo ?? I did this but got a whole list of threads and the first couple I searched through for 'PBusardo' I didn't see any using that name on ECF - so know he's on here - just don't know how to find out his ECF name (to PM him my 'hint') - thanks
NancyB

I watched his YouTube video about EVODs and the tail end he showed how to make a new coil/wick for the heads... (he stated he didn't know what resistance a new one had on the video)....

Last edited:

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Community tab near the top of the page - membership search - post his name (no spaces) - he's there.

I'd like to give P Busardo a hint that EVOD atty heads are normally engraved/marked with their resistance on the top of the head - but don't know what his name/user ID is on ECF - is there a way to search using PBusardo ?? I did this but got a whole list of threads and the first couple I searched through for 'PBusardo' I didn't see any using that name on ECF - so know he's on here - just don't know how to find out his ECF name (to PM him my 'hint') - thanks
NancyB

I watched his YouTube video about EVODs and the tail end he showed how to make a new coil/wick for the heads... (he stated he didn't know what resistance a new one had on the video)....

Artifex75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Chillicothe Oh
I'd like to pay it forward, as I've received free juice a few times now. The problem is that I'm new to vaping and I don't have a lot of extra juice or equipment. I am a woodworker though, so I have a ton of weird hardwoods laying about. Can I offer wood samples for other woodworkers to use for mods?

I just want to give back, but not sure if it's appropriate for these threads.

Artifex75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Chillicothe Oh
I don't see why not. :) I'm sure there's a few modders in pif that would love something weird to work with.

But :unsure:

Maybe I'm biased because I'd probably want to grab one :oops:

You could offer them in treasure chest or trade in the small items swaps.

Alrighty then. I'll poke around the shop and see what I have. I know that I have some purple heart, jakoba, bamboo, etc... I'll put something together this weekend. :)

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
  • Deleted by Prism

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Hi,

I really enjoyed reading about the rules of the PIF area.

When reading about the "Emergency Assistance" thread, I read that some people have donated stuff directly to ECF, and that this was used to satisfy some of the emergency requirements.

But the thread is closed now. Did this stop for some reason? (I'm guessing liability?)

Do the moderators/administrators of ECF have any interest in gear donations, or should that now always be handled by personal one-on-one stuff like treasure chest? And if you have stuff to give, but want it to go to someone who could really use it (rather than just the first person who says "Yeah, I want that, would complement the 80 bottles from XXX I already have") what's the right way to do that?

I liked Artifex's post about hardwood pieces! That's the kind of stuff it would be cool to see more of, but it's kind of awkward at the moment, there doesn't seem to be anything in between "swap" and "Treasure chest", and it seems that the expectation in treasure chest is that the first person who asks for it gets it???

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
The thread is closed as the mods evaluate each need as they come. Often the mods take care of the need, sometimes we post it in the thread so our members can read it (and fill it) (but not post in the thread) - this allows those in need to get assistance without telling the world how they came to be in such a situation.

While PIF is part of ECF - PIF is a social group. The emergency needs are handled right here - not out on ECF, as are donations (juice, cartomizers, batteries, etc). Some just send us a box of "stuff" to fill the emergency needs as needed.

I fail to see how there could be an in between "swap" and "treasure chest" - remember, money never changes hands in PIF. So either you are swapping or giving something away.

As for the treasure chest, if the OP specifies that they want the item(s) going to someone who's new, or in need, or whatever, they can stipulate that. In the treasure chest, it's up to the OP who receives their offer.

Last edited:

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
The thread is closed as the mods evaluate each need as they come. Often the mods take care of the need, sometimes we post it in the thread so our members can read it (and fill it) (but not post in the thread) - this allows those in need to get assistance without telling the world how they came to be in such a situation.

While PIF is part of ECF - PIF is a social group. The emergency needs are handled right here - not out on ECF, as are donations (juice, cartomizers, batteries, etc). Some just send us a box of "stuff" to fill the emergency needs as needed.

I fail to see how there could be an in between "swap" and "treasure chest" - remember, money never changes hands in PIF. So either you are swapping or giving something away.

As for the treasure chest, if the OP specifies that they want the item(s) going to someone who's new, or in need, or whatever, they can stipulate that. In the treasure chest, it's up to the OP who receives their offer.

Thanks!

Is ECF open to donations of "Boxes of stuff"? If so, what kinds of stuff do you want, (and NOT want?) And whom would one contact to arrange something like that? (Feel free to do this via PM, but if ECF could use donations and was willing to be a clearinghouse, it would be cool to know that, and if that's problematic, would be cool to know that too!)

Again, thanks for your answer!

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Thanks!

Is ECF open to donations of "Boxes of stuff"? If so, what kinds of stuff do you want, (and NOT want?) And whom would one contact to arrange something like that? (Feel free to do this via PM, but if ECF could use donations and was willing to be a clearinghouse, it would be cool to know that, and if that's problematic, would be cool to know that too!)

Again, thanks for your answer!

I don't think your quite getting it. Yes ECF has such a place - it's called pif ;) that's why we're here and what we're all about.
If you want to help the best thing to do is pm a pif mod what you have to offer and we can add you to the list of volunteers. :)

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
I kept a message I had seen posted here from 7/22/13 regarding ***Will Cohen and The Vape a Vet Program *** - but now, can't find his initial post (to learn his user ID) to offer some stuff/ideas to him. How do I find someone by their 'real name' on ECF? I put his name in the search window - and came up with alllll kinds of posts with 'a' highlighted throughout the posts - ??? not what I wanted to find....
Thanks for any help you can offer me.
NancyB

"we're curious if there's a way we can get more information out there and find more people willing to help us with support and knowledge near bases not local to us. Will Cohen, Founding Director - The Vape a Vet Project"

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Thanks Loxmythe!!
I actually just found a website for Vape A Vet and their current promotion to kick off their juice subscription online (off ECF).
ALSO, know that this thread is for PIF stuff (now) [that hadn't sunk in yet, obviously, opps - lol - thought it was a general ECF ?s area] am learning as I'm going along! Thanks again!
NancyB

Trekie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
NM
Hi All - I have been away from the PIF boards for quite some time. I will be going through my stuff in the up coming weeks and would love to PIF some things as ECF was there for me when I was in need of stuff several years ago. My problem is, I am on a VERY limited fixed income and can't afford the shipping. So, my question is - would it be acceptable to ask for the person receiving the PIF to pay for the shipping? Or would I need to offer my items elsewhere?

Thanks All - Best wishes to you and yours for a very blessed holiday season.

PS - Sorry if this has been asked and answered -

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I'm interested in the sample swapping thread. I have a few large bottles of juice that I'll vape, but wouldn't mind giving away 10ml for a sample of something else. My mistake was ordering so many super sweet flavors, and while I like the,, they're too sweet for an all day vape for me. I need something that goes well with my morning coffee at the least LOL. I'm spending more then my budget would allow at this point, and hubby is getting a bit annoyed, so the sample swap sounds great. Am I allowed to offer 10ml from my larger bottles in smaller, unlabeled bottles? Or even pour out the larger portions into different bottles for myself and offer 10 ml left in the orginal, large bottles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread