Not open for further replies.

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Hi Cherrycakes :). You need to actually be in possession of the item that you post in the TC so you will know what it is at that point. Unless you are, with the permission of the vendor giving it and having it sent to the taker. In that case you are allowed to say it is whatever amount from such and such a vendor.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
There's a lot in the PIF section that I'm just starting to take in, but in doses.

At first I thought the Treasure Chest was the main one, the big kahuna as they say. So I've been focused on reading that. Then I come to see a lot of other sticky threads; one is for small stuff (under double sawbucks), another is for juices, yet another for juice-trading, en one for DIY, and one for EMERGENCIES....all sticky. Does emergency donations mean the mods act as a middleman? Is there a way I can just donate my stuff anonymously, too?

My head is spinning. Unless you're an owl, that ain't good folks!

I sorta need a quick index with a breakdown of each purpose of each active thread.

Donators of big stuff go here. Recievers go there. Spare accessories go this way. Juices this way. Traders that way.

I need a traffic moderator, bring your own whistle

RHP

ETA: Is this the most updated link I should be reading http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ules-updated-clarified-all-things-sticky.html

Last edited:

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
:blink: Breathe! ;)

The original PIF thread is there - someone places their offer - if you like it - you take it and place your own within 30 minutes - great way to try new stuff and flavors ;)

You know about the treasure chest

The DIY was created (again) as DIY can get lost in the PIF thread, we've been there and done that ;)

Swaps is for samples - to try something new but not a lot of it - saves you money in the long run as you figure out if you like something prior to purchasing from a vendor

The Juice thread is new - again, you know what you like and exchange with another member who wants what you have

We just started the small stuff too - it's a win-win, i.e. you don't like the 2 ce4s you have but you need or want a dct, or cartomizers, etc.

It's not as difficult as it first appears ~ you'll get the hang of it :)

As for Emergency needs - you may send your items to us - we may or may not remember who sent them when we fill an emergency and give credit at that time. Sometimes we already have what an emergency needs requires and we send it out - we're now putting that information in the thread so people realize there are still emergencies and we do fill them. Other times, we post the emergency and our members contact us by PM that they have what we need - we then send the information to them so they ship direct to the person.

In the "old" days the person in need would post what their circumstances were - we decided to eliminate the embarrassment they might feel in advertising their situation - they PM a mod - we review it (not all needs are filled for various reasons) - and see what we have already or if we need our members' help.

There a couple of "read the rules threads" - they are stickied.........easy to find if you're unsure of something :)

You will get used to the PIF threads - trust me ;) it's worth it :)

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Keep in mind too that if you have gear or juice you want to just give away to a needy member you can post it in treasure chest with stipulations like - must be newbie or in need or a purple haired punk rocker flamenco dancer :p
It's your stuff. As long as you don't violate TC 30 day rule you can give it to whomever you please.

If you ask us to the mods can pretty well check out the taker and see if they're legit or just looking for freebies. The ladies on the pif mod team (Prism, Vchick, and Jazz) are amazing at checking people out :) and have even found the dirt on scammers here from other forums :blink:

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
I have a couple things I want to offer to the group - but first off don't know how to PM someone - or know If someone has PM'd me after I do list the items I'm offering...
Thanks for any help on this :)
NancyB (obvious Newbie) lol

also, having problems getting to the last page of posts in several discussions tonight - I click on 'last' and I get like post #8 dated back in 2011??? and next time, there is no 'last' behind all the page #s - just weird in my eyes - perhaps cuz it's 'late'?? haha

(waited for an answer, none came, so will check in the morning for one - night, night!)

Last edited:

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Hello and welcome NancyB.

To send a PM to another forum member, click their name above their AVI. A little box will show up with some choices. One of them will be "private message".
To send a PM, click on Private Message, then complete the screen that pops up with a Subject and your text, then click on Send.

You will know you have a private message by either a pop up box telling you or it will tell you at the top of the page under notifications.
When you get a PM there is an option at the bottom of the message to reply if you want to.

As far as getting to the last page, can you give an example of which one you are having problems with and I will see if I can figure it out for you.

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Hello and welcome NancyB.

To send a PM to another forum member, click their name above their AVI. A little box will show up with some choices. One of them will be "private message".
To send a PM, click on Private Message, then complete the screen that pops up with a Subject and your text, then click on Send.

You will know you have a private message by either a pop up box telling you or it will tell you at the top of the page under notifications.
When you get a PM there is an option at the bottom of the message to reply if you want to.

As far as getting to the last page, can you give an example of which one you are having problems with and I will see if I can figure it out for you.
Ok, PMing is 'mastered' te he Now, attempting to go to the last page of posts in a thread... which one? I think the answer that I knew was more than 5 mins ago - chuckle - but PIF (give aways) was one of them - another was the TC (Treasure Chest) - and 3rd was the Juice Swap..... perhaps it was just running slow when I got on earlier last night? It just seemed that each I tried to see the new stuff just wouldn't let me in to do so.... ?? (doesn't take much to confuse me, but does take a lot for me to give up trying too! NancyB I'm going to try these three again this a.m. and see if I have an easier time of it. MANY times it's just the lag using a cell phone type modem cuz we're fulltime rv'ers with no landline to get online.

AND oft times it called 'garbage in, garbage out' - or OE "operator error" lol this time me thinks it's OE!

Last edited:

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
hmm pics ECF alt-ps of PIF-ask mod 1.jpg ECF alt-ps of PIF-ask mod 2.jpg Think I figured out what I was doing wrong (to get to last page in a thread).... when opening up the thread I'm already there at the last page!! (but page one was highlighted blue on the 'results' line above the posts /part of heading? example is first photo name1) and I saw that page '1' highlighted so I clicked on 'last page' in that line and resulted in the 2nd picture attached name2 here (able to view the first page contents/posts)... bottom line I learned to look at the # of the post in thick blue line above the post, with date it was posted, etc on the left, NOT the 'results' line above all the individual posts- does this make sense on your end? I still wonder what's up in the 'results' line tho to better understand what the programmer was thinking and trying to do. Normally what is highlighted is what you're looking at below as chosen - not vice versa as this seems to indicate. ok - that's my progress so far... NancyB

Last edited:

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Hi - I was getting back into the PIF Group Treasure Chest to check the posts there and saw a couple things I've done that I'd like to delete but don't know how - can you help me please? 1st on the PIF main group - there are two pictures of mine for things I posted to the PIF - TC discussion/freebie thingy - that don't need to be right under the stickies for this main PIF group and I'd like them deleted (if not needed - I think I may have posted them there in error when listing my goodies in the Treasure chest... then..... #2 is the last post in the TC discussion - I opened that group yesterday and thought I saw a post by Vash as the last post in the group and wondered aloud in the group why he'd posted it, he should already have received the items that I listed and he asked for - so my (duh!) post could easily be deleted also.... I tried but could only edit it, it seemed, so when I put my mouse over the 'edit post' it showed in a little window "edit/delete" - ?? so if you have the powers (and I don't) - could you do these two things for me please? much appreciated!! NancyB

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Nancy, I did #2. For #1 do you mean you want the picture of the stuff that you offered deleted because they have been taken or are there other pictures?
And none of it needs to be deleted its ok to be there.
Thank you very much - that looks better. No, on #1 in the main PIF group page, I saw the same pictures/posts that I had also posted in PIF-TC - but on the main group, they were, like, starting a new discussion and in my eyes didn't need to be there (showing pictures where normally an envelope would be (to signify open or closed threads I think). But I don't see them now so all looks good (that I seemed to mess up anyway - grin). NancyB

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
While I understand this is a thread to ask the vet's and mods questions. I would like to make a suggestion.

You see, as someone who donates non-juice ecig item(s) we're faced with choosing the TC (for over $20 donations) and a low-ball thread for more inexpensive items like a few cartomizers here 'n there. I know there's a trade section, too.

But I'm really focusing on balls out donations. After some light reading over the last month I've started to get a grasp of how things in the PIF section work. The only details I'm fuzzy on are in relation to donating to the EMERGENCY thread.

Can there be a WTA of sorts, of the PIF mod's stash for the emergency thread so prospective donors can choose to send the PIF mods stuff so they can distribute it appropriately. Seems to me the best course of action for small/assorted stuff because the PIF mods strike me as having the finger on the pulse of the community.

RHP

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Hi red :). The moderators do have a stash of items donated by members for emergency needs but it is only small things. Juice, cartos, stick batteries, chargers. We don't accept things for EN that are high priced items because EN is for emergencies to get someone through a tight spot. If we had EN mods we would have too many people who had a Mod Emergency if that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread